Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer charged by FA

Comments

• Not the first time this season he's been sanctioned and he didn't help himself by reacting to the yellow card and then calling the ref a f****** w****** to his face as he walked off.

The first card did seem harsh but don't think Lee is blameless here.

We love his passion and fight but sometimes it goes to far, just as it did when he was a player.
    Yes he shouldnt have done it but 3 games is harsh.

How often do you see managers calling refs and 4th officials every name under the sun.

Will MP get a 3 game ban for his reaction after Burnley defeat??
    Did he call the ref a F******* W******* to his face?

Has he been sanctioned before this season?

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/plymouth-derek-adams-touchline-ban-1950387

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45286426
  • Not the first time this season he's been sanctioned and he didn't help himself by reacting to the yellow card and then calling the ref a f****** w****** to his face as he walked off.

We love his passion and fight but sometimes it goes to far, just as it did when he was a player.

How often do you see managers calling refs and 4th officials every name under the sun.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/plymouth-derek-adams-touchline-ban-1950387

Pochettino has an advantage over Lord Bowyer in that he's got another language to be fruity in. The ref wouldn't have a clue what he was saying.
  • If calling someone a F******* W******* is now a 3 match ban there will be a lot of 3 match bans every week.

It was an under 23 game today and I heard it at leart twice

Pochettino has an advantage over Lord Bowyer in that he's got another language to be fruity in. The ref wouldn't have a clue what he was saying.
    And then he would speak in Spanish!
  • It is what it is. Sends a big big message to all the people who follow league one across the world. Well done FA.

Cannot wait to see what happens to Rolly! 

With their grip on everything that is happening I am expecting nothing less than a complete ban from attending games for the rest of the season. That’ll learn him.
  • edited March 2019
    Lenient compared to what he would have got at our Sunday level. Football authorities are just a bunch of self important clowns. 
  • Will will make minimal difference I hope for the home games. He will have a better view from the directors box anyway. Always liked that Curbishley and Peacock started from the stand when in charge. The view from the touch line is a distorted impression of the game in some respects. 
  • It was unwise to react the way he did. Whatever he thought of the decision, he is supposed to be setting a positive example to the players, and that includes being respectful to the officials.
  • Can only assume the FA are taking into account the Peterborugh inicdent. Two for AFCW and one acitivated for Peterborough.
  • It was unwise to react the way he did. Whatever he thought of the decision, he is supposed to be setting a positive example to the players, and that includes being respectful to the officials.
    This is Bowyer we are talking about, right?
  • Sponsored links:

• I would contend that the ref picking on Bowyer because he raised his arms in the air was a form of abuse. I mean, most of us do that when we are in the stands. It is natural when a poor decision goes against you. It isn't harming anybody, and it is the ref who turns it into something more. 
  • I would contend that the ref picking on Bowyer because he raised his arms in the air was a form of abuse. I mean, most of us do that when we are in the stands. It is natural when a poor decision goes against you. It isn't harming anybody, and it is the ref who turns it into something more. 
    The clearly don’t watch MotD. Managers are always raising their arms at the refs. 
  • Referees can be criticised for deliberate bias favouring one team, but for being useless? Might as well moan at the rain for raining or the sun for shining.
    Even thought it is disproportionate and out of kilter with other punishments, Bowyer should've kept his gob shut and deserves a ban.
  • Might help him & the team. Sitting in the stands like the rest of us instead at ground level might just let him see who should be in the team & who shouldn't...
  • I note the FA spokesperson says that ban was for abusive AND/OR insulting language - seems a bit rich that they inflict a punishment when they cannot decide what Lee actually said. Any court that gave out such a judgement would soon see it struck out on appeal.
  • People do know the difference between the FA and the EFL, right?
  • Bowyer started the ban on Saturday and will complete it after Burton Albion come to SE7 on March 12.

Asked about his punishment, he said: “It’s wrong, 100 per cent.

“On Saturday I guarantee you that when they [Doncaster] had a goal disallowed for offside, people said things they shouldn’t have done.

“So a three-game ban, I just don’t get it. I don’t know where that’s come from. I’m trying to speak to someone [at the FA] to get an explanation, because there is no reason to get a three-game ban in my eyes.

“I’ve seen other managers get sent off this season and get nothing [in terms of further punishment].”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/where-will-banned-charlton-athletic-boss-lee-bowyer-watch-portsmouth-game-addicks-chief-provides-an-answer/
  • clive said:

Bowyer started the ban on Saturday and will complete it after Burton Albion come to SE7 on March 12.

Asked about his punishment, he said: “It’s wrong, 100 per cent.

“On Saturday I guarantee you that when they [Doncaster] had a goal disallowed for offside, people said things they shouldn’t have done.

“So a three-game ban, I just don’t get it. I don’t know where that’s come from. I’m trying to speak to someone [at the FA] to get an explanation, because there is no reason to get a three-game ban in my eyes.

“I’ve seen other managers get sent off this season and get nothing [in terms of further punishment].”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/where-will-banned-charlton-athletic-boss-lee-bowyer-watch-portsmouth-game-addicks-chief-provides-an-answer/
    Where will Lord Bowyer watch Saturday's game against Portsmouth?

It's on the box so he can watch it at home, save on the travel ...
  • Bowyer gets 3 game suspension for saying something rude to the ref, Poch of Spurs gets 2 game suspension for going toe to toe with the ref in a threatening way. Is this justice?
  • ross1 said:
    Bowyer gets 3 game suspension for saying something rude to the ref, Poch of Spurs gets 2 game suspension for going toe to toe with the ref in a threatening way. Is this justice?
    To be fair it is Bowyer's second suspension of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    Bowyer gets 3 game suspension for saying something rude to the ref, Poch of Spurs gets 2 game suspension for going toe to toe with the ref in a threatening way. Is this justice?
    To be fair it is Bowyer's second suspension of the season
    To be really fare, Poch was on live on TV with millions watching.
  • Will will make minimal difference I hope for the home games. He will have a better view from the directors box anyway. Always liked that Curbishley and Peacock started from the stand when in charge. The view from the touch line is a distorted impression of the game in some respects. 
    Really good point. I’d forgotten about Curbs doing that. It really would give a better perspective and overview. I wonder why more managers don’t do it- especially given the tech now available 
    Really good point. I’d forgotten about Curbs doing that. It really would give a better perspective and overview. I wonder why more managers don’t do it- especially given the tech now available 
    Wonder if any of the west stand would have the bollox to tell him to Siiidddarrn...😳,& stop swearing of course...🤐
  • Lee Bowyer has been charged with two breaches of FA Rule E3 following the EFL Championship fixture between Charlton Athletic and Swansea City on October 2nd.

It is alleged that the manager’s language – both on the field and in the tunnel area at the end of the fixture – amounts to improper conduct and/or questioned the integrity of the match referee. 

He has until 6pm on October 9th to provide a response.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d9b4797c7a8d/bowyer-charged-followed-swansea-game

• clive said:

Lee Bowyer has been charged with two breaches of FA Rule E3 following the EFL Championship fixture between Charlton Athletic and Swansea City on October 2nd.

It is alleged that the manager’s language – both on the field and in the tunnel area at the end of the fixture – amounts to improper conduct and/or questioned the integrity of the match referee. 

He has until 6pm on October 9th to provide a response.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d9b4797c7a8d/bowyer-charged-followed-swansea-game

"Fahk orf you slaags!

PS ... No' fahkin' guil'y."
  • Refs have a personal vendetta against certain people in the game and Bowyer is one of them. The FA and the EFL are corrupt.
  • edited October 2019
    Questioning the integrity of the referee! After watching him blatently ignoring the fouls on our players I assumed he was from Llareggub  made famous by Dylan Thomas. 
    His integrity was not the only thing in question to the majority of home fans. As for swearing how could he know it was Bowyer over the vociferous home crowd who were all (in my view probably correctly) questioning  his parentage and other lack of ability, eyesight and credibility.  

However, you are probably right,   it s the FA and EFL trying to get their own back on a former player who many luvvies  think  is an unspeakably bad egg even though the accusations against him were unproven in a court of law.

If the officials managed to rile the normally calm and thoughtful modern day Lee Bowyer into swearing and calling into question their impartiality, then the FA might wish to consider the officials performance in the match as well. They won't.

ps for those not an affcianado of Dylan Thomas the village name is correctly enunciated backwards and reflects what the referee gave us.

• I was surprised there was little upset on here about the ref missing 2-3 penalty calls.  Not sutprised Bowyer was upset; so was I.
  • I was screwing. Bowyer was screwing. We are Bowyer. Bowyer is Charlton.