Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer charged by FA

Comments

• Options
    You seem to be outwardly projecting your insecurities on to me. There's professional help out there, should you so wish to seek it out.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Ok he may have swron at the ref on the pitch or in the tunnel. But what were wrong with his post match comments?
    Can't remember his exact words on SKY-  it was about the offside goal and wasn't exactly diplomatic. As soon as he said them I thought 'he'll be in trouble for that'. 

"Referees have the hardest job in the world, I think," Bowyer said in his news conference.

"If he'd have given it, their manager would have said it wasn't a penalty. So, I don't know. It's one of those things.

"We didn't get the decision go our way today but big decisions start evening themselves out. A lot of times today 50/50 things we didn't get for whatever reason so it's disappointing, but if we keep working like that and playing like that, we'll be okay."

Not too much wrong with that I don't think.

That's not what he said post match, live on SKY, when he was interviewed on the pitch by Mino, with Taylor and Powell standing next to him
  • Options
    Just a tip - if you find yourself in an Internet argument, just stop. It's effort that is going to be wasted. Literally no one on the planet benefits 
    Oi.
    I was enjoying their little exchanges  😌
  • Options
    Just a tip - if you find yourself in an Internet argument, just stop. It's effort that is going to be wasted. Literally no one on the planet benefits 
    Oi.
    I was enjoying their little exchanges  😌
    Me too, for some reason I kept thinking it reminded me of the riot at Kennilworth Road in 85
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I was screwing. Bowyer was screwing. We are Bowyer. Bowyer is Charlton.
    To the tune of Rod Stewarts' "Sailing"?

Seriously, I haven't a clue what this means.
    I think it means he was busy having it off and missed the game, no?
  • Options
    Major said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    To the tune of Rod Stewarts' "Sailing"?

Seriously, I haven't a clue what this means.
    I think it means he was busy having it off and missed the game, no?
    No, as Dazzler was at the game.
    I doubt there's many that know what Dazzler meant.
    Very strange.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    Ok he may have swron at the ref on the pitch or in the tunnel. But what were wrong with his post match comments?
    Can't remember his exact words on SKY-  it was about the offside goal and wasn't exactly diplomatic. As soon as he said them I thought 'he'll be in trouble for that'. 

"Referees have the hardest job in the world, I think," Bowyer said in his news conference.

"If he'd have given it, their manager would have said it wasn't a penalty. So, I don't know. It's one of those things.

"We didn't get the decision go our way today but big decisions start evening themselves out. A lot of times today 50/50 things we didn't get for whatever reason so it's disappointing, but if we keep working like that and playing like that, we'll be okay."

Not too much wrong with that I don't think.

That's not what he said post match, live on SKY, when he was interviewed on the pitch by Mino, with Taylor and Powell standing next to him
    I think we've got a case of crossed wires here. You're talking about the Fulham game, and I assume @AddickFC81 is talking about the Swansea game, which is the one he got done for. Maybe they've not got round to watching the Fulham post match coverage yet :-)
  • Options
    In the meantime what has happened to the racist allegation?
  • Options
    any news on the LB decison?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He has requested a personal hearing.
  • Options
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lee Bowyer&#39;s personal hearing over his FA charge - relating to the Swansea game - is happening today. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/cafc?src=hash&amp;amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#cafc</a></p>&mdash; Richard Cawley (@RichCawleySLP) <a href="">October 14, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Options
    No news......is he still there arguing his case...?  Or did he just tell them.to f** k off & walked out....
  • Options
    I was surprised there was little upset on here about the ref missing 2-3 penalty calls.  Not sutprised Bowyer was upset; so was I.
    Dazzler21 said:
    In relation to the above post. I just meant that we could see Bowyer was screwing at the penalty shouts as I was at the same time screwing. 

I then insinuated that Bowyer and Charlton fans exist in a hive mind.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I was surprised there was little upset on here about the ref missing 2-3 penalty calls.  Not sutprised Bowyer was upset; so was I.
    Dazzler21 said:
    In relation to the above post. I just meant that we could see Bowyer was screwing at the penalty shouts as I was at the same time screwing. 

What ?
  • Options
    The Swansea ref in the main was very poor but in regards to the Chuks penalty it pains me to say that the ref got that one right. Chuks did use a bit too much muscle to win the ball so that was a foul and Chuks was fouled in the area but the foul by Chuks happened first so the ref has to honour the first incident so I can see why he made that decision. But other than that ref just gave us no 50/50s for whatever reason and maybe another day we would have had a penalty for a fould on Chuks. But it is what it is.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

What ?
    Never mind, just a weird way my brain sometimes works I guess.
  • Options
    3 games and a £4,000 fine is ridiculous 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nicely time to protect "Livingston" that shit ref against peterborough. FA. Your refs and linesman are shit. It's a mans game FFS. Not only they are shit but too bloody sensitive. 
  • Options

Bowyer himself in response has said: 
    “I’m surprised and disappointed with the ban. I didn’t shout or swear in my discussion with the referee but it is what it is." 

"The FA had charged Bowyer with improper conduct and/or questioning the integrity of a match official."

Okay, Bow ...... tell us, what did you actually say? :smirk:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Bowyer himself in response has said: “I’m surprised and disappointed with the ban. I didn’t shout or swear in my discussion with the referee but it is what it is." 

"The FA had charged Bowyer with improper conduct and/or questioning the integrity of a match official."

Okay, Bow ...... tell us, what did you actually say? :smirk:

A 3 game touchline ban sounds like quite a big punishment. In practice it doesn't make that much difference as Jacko can do the touchline stuff just as well, as long as his legs haven't gone.
  • Options
    Take the long view.

Bowyer's reputation and bans mean that the FA won't offer him the England job in a few years time, by when he'll had got Charlton in the premier and Europe.
  • Options
    Oh well. It is what it is.
  • Options
    Never understood the touch line ban as a form of punishment. It does absolutely nothing but give Bowyer a better view when watching the game