Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Albie Morgan Out On Loan

to Ebbsfleet.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d9f3f30bd9c3/albie-morgan-joins-ebbsfleet-united-on-loan

Not sure how good that will be for him really but better than nothing I suppose. @Airman Brown will be pleased  ;)

Comments

• Was thinking he was wasting away in the reserves, at least he'll be playing some first team football 
  • Best of luck Albie.
  • Their equivalent of us getting Gallagher. Sure he has some goals in him.
  • it's only a 4 week loan, enough to keep him sharp and fit .. provided of course that he's not clogged by a NL hard nut 
  • And the manager has just gone?
  • And the manager has just gone?
    Yep
  • Strange move . He should be at least playing in league two at worst .
  • Good player Albie. One for the future. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Good for him, get some game time and fitness levels up. Who knows where we’ll be in a months time, couple injuries and we could need him. 
  • Vincenzo said:
    Surprised he's not going to a League club. Has already proved he's good enough.

If it wasn't for his perfect cross in the Doncaster playoff, we'd probably still be in League One.
    Although, having missed the summer transfer window, he can only be loaned to a non-league club.

Lincs has mentioned that it's a 4 week loan, for now anyway.
    Even if it were to be extended, he can always be recalled if needed for our 1st team squad.

Go on, Albie ...... show what you can do.
  • same he couldn't go to a big club like Bromley who are doing well, rather than strugglers like Ebbsfleet but at least he get lots of game time at that level as they won't have anyone half a good. 
    Can’t until January, a good month or two at Ebbsfleet could help him get a League 1 loan in January.
    Loan window for league clubs is closed. 
  • I’m really deflated by the whole Albie thing. Great player during his breakthrough last year. Brought real creativity to the team. Then suddenly, splat. His face doesn’t fit. Not even in the 18 for Wembley.  That plan worked but Albie disappeared. Bowyer very open about his weaknesses but no takers in the loan window and now a two bob loan for a month to our nearest neighbours. It just all feel a bit shit to me. Sorry. 
  • I’m really deflated by the whole Albie thing. Great player during his breakthrough last year. Brought real creativity to the team. Then suddenly, splat. His face doesn’t fit. Not even in the 18 for Wembley.  That plan worked but Albie disappeared. Bowyer very open about his weaknesses but no takers in the loan window and now a two bob loan for a month to our nearest neighbours. It just all feel a bit shit to me. Sorry. 
    Or is Albie being advised badly by those close him?

Whats to say there werent clubs who wanted him on loan yet Albie decided against the moves because he felt he was Championship class (which he isnt yet)

Wouldnt be the first player in the Sport to be given bad advise which can then in turn hinder his progression
  • edited October 2019
    Thought he'd probably have offered more than Oztumer in his last two appearances but at least he'll get some game time now. 
  • His off the ball play/positioning is way short of Championship standards, he got away with it in League 1, I hope he manages to kick on and improve that part of his game whilst out on loan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jesus what a signing for a struggling Ebbsfleet, I know the loan window is closed for league clubs and very surprised he didnt get a l1 or l2 side, but even more surprised his gone to the bottom of the conference, are Ebbsfleet even professional? surely a bigger club like Barnet or Notts County woulda been better for his development 
  • We have a couple of players on loan who are never fit.
    Plus a couple who are fit but not good enough. 
    I would have kept him here and given him a chance. 
  • IR94 said:
    Jesus what a signing for a struggling Ebbsfleet, I know the loan window is closed for league clubs and very surprised he didnt get a l1 or l2 side, but even more surprised his gone to the bottom of the conference, are Ebbsfleet even professional? surely a bigger club like Barnet or Notts County woulda been better for his development 
    He's from Gravesend though so means he gets to stay local
  • What a waste of his time 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Funny thing is, Bowyer said something along the same lines to Jonny Williams while he was training with us - that he had to up his fitness levels and do the off the ball stuff, as well as increase his involvement in possession.

Williams listened and did exactly what he was asked.
    Great example to Albie.

That's what it takes.

Also Albie must look at Gallagher being the same age and see just how far he has to go to emulate that level. Will be interesting to see if he's willing to put the effort in. 
  • edited October 2019
    Massive shame he didn't get a L1 or even L2 loan in August. NL is too low but it's better than rotting in the U23s
  • Massive shame he didn't get a L1 or even L2 loan in August. Nl is too low but it's better than rotting in the U23s
    It's still men's football, which is what Morgan needs.

Gallagher shows he's hungry to do well - and his performances reflect that.
    If you have decent ability, then eagerness to learn, a winner's attitude and giving 100% are what it takes.

• Sage said:
    We have a couple of players on loan who are never fit.
    Plus a couple who are fit but not good enough. 
    I would have kept him here and given him a chance. 
    Really, at this level?

Let’s be honest, he’s not going to play behind the front two and dislodge Williams or Oztumer. His positioning and awareness off of the ball is not good enough for this level to play as the two who are right and left of the diamond, he also is no where near as fit as Cullen or Gallagher to fulfil that role for a whole game like they do, so even if he was good enough for this level, which he isn’t right now, we already would have to take him off each time, that’s one sub down, we then have Williams and Oztumer who don’t often last 90 minutes so that’s two subs down. We can’t afford that luxury.

Thats also then disregarding the fact that he is behind Pratley, Field, Cullen, Gallagher, Forster-Caskey, Kayal, Lapslie, Williams, Oztumer, and Aneke. All of these players either add experience or some different type of quality to the side before Morgan comes into the picture. Lapslie for example being at a similar age, is kept on because Bowyer trusts him in several positions and his attitude gets him through most things where he is technically not as good. The rest are either far better than him right now or have played to a decent standard and proved to be good players. Where does he fit in getting a chance?

He should’ve gone out on loan in August but he didn’t. That’s something he is going to have to learn quickly as well because the coaching staff know what they’re doing. He now needs to get his head down, work hard and battle in the conference and come back a better player, off the ball more than anything. Technically he’s too good for that level, but he’s against men and has to learn the ugly side of the game very quickly if he wants to force himself into Bowyer’s thinking.

There’s a good player there with lots of potential. It’s now he has to go out and do the business and prove he can do what is needed of him. 
    Are you saying he turned down the chance to go on loan?