Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Albie Morgan Out On Loan

Comments

• Options
    He's far too good for a side bottom of the National league so all he can do is work hard and play well, as let's face it if he doesn't play well it's hardly going to convince Bowyer he can play 3 leagues higher.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Sage said:
    We have a couple of players on loan who are never fit.
    Plus a couple who are fit but not good enough. 
    I would have kept him here and given him a chance. 
    Really, at this level?

Let’s be honest, he’s not going to play behind the front two and dislodge Williams or Oztumer. His positioning and awareness off of the ball is not good enough for this level to play as the two who are right and left of the diamond, he also is no where near as fit as Cullen or Gallagher to fulfil that role for a whole game like they do, so even if he was good enough for this level, which he isn’t right now, we already would have to take him off each time, that’s one sub down, we then have Williams and Oztumer who don’t often last 90 minutes so that’s two subs down. We can’t afford that luxury.

Thats also then disregarding the fact that he is behind Pratley, Field, Cullen, Gallagher, Forster-Caskey, Kayal, Lapslie, Williams, Oztumer, and Aneke. All of these players either add experience or some different type of quality to the side before Morgan comes into the picture. Lapslie for example being at a similar age, is kept on because Bowyer trusts him in several positions and his attitude gets him through most things where he is technically not as good. The rest are either far better than him right now or have played to a decent standard and proved to be good players. Where does he fit in getting a chance?

He should’ve gone out on loan in August but he didn’t. That’s something he is going to have to learn quickly as well because the coaching staff know what they’re doing. He now needs to get his head down, work hard and battle in the conference and come back a better player, off the ball more than anything. Technically he’s too good for that level, but he’s against men and has to learn the ugly side of the game very quickly if he wants to force himself into Bowyer’s thinking.

There’s a good player there with lots of potential. It’s now he has to go out and do the business and prove he can do what is needed of him. 
    Are you saying he turned down the chance to go on loan?
    Bows said that nobody came in for him and that surprised him given how good he was last season. Nobody turned anything down, just bad luck.

‘Good displays could get him a more challenging league in January and non league is a step up from under 23’s. I read a comment in an under 23 game report that he did not play very well recently and looked a bit disinterested. It must be a big let down but that happens in life. He needs to pick himself up and go again.

We love him and are right behind him, he has the bits you can’t just learn like vision and awareness; he will be back fitter and better.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Nobody came in for him - that is a fact. He has great qualities which make him stand out, but as has been said, his overall game is not where it needs to be. The good bit about that is the things he needs to improve on are the easier things to improve on and his qualities are talent - high end talent.

Rather than blame anything or anyone, the solution is for him to knuckle down on the dirty side of the game and maybe a team fighting for its survival is not such a bad place to go. Yes, the level is too low but you have to work wherever you are. Teams in Leagues One and Two will have looked at him and disregarded him because of the side of the game he needs to work on. He can put himself in a position where league clubs take notice and if he doesn't impress at Ebbsfleet, there is nobody to blame but himself.

This should be seen by him as his stepping stone and I think Bowyer's approach, although possibly seeming harsh, could have done him a great service in the longer run. Hopefully, Charlton will benefit from that too.
  • Options
    His move to Ebbsfleet is going to be as much about his attitude and desire which will be tested to full in a team at the foot of their league, his ability with the ball is not in question for me.
  • Options
    See if he plays tomorrow.
  • Options
    If fit, he surely will.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Sage said:
    Really, at this level?

Let’s be honest, he’s not going to play behind the front two and dislodge Williams or Oztumer. His positioning and awareness off of the ball is not good enough for this level to play as the two who are right and left of the diamond, he also is no where near as fit as Cullen or Gallagher to fulfil that role for a whole game like they do, so even if he was good enough for this level, which he isn’t right now, we already would have to take him off each time, that’s one sub down, we then have Williams and Oztumer who don’t often last 90 minutes so that’s two subs down. We can’t afford that luxury.

Thats also then disregarding the fact that he is behind Pratley, Field, Cullen, Gallagher, Forster-Caskey, Kayal, Lapslie, Williams, Oztumer, and Aneke. All of these players either add experience or some different type of quality to the side before Morgan comes into the picture. Lapslie for example being at a similar age, is kept on because Bowyer trusts him in several positions and his attitude gets him through most things where he is technically not as good. The rest are either far better than him right now or have played to a decent standard and proved to be good players. Where does he fit in getting a chance?

He should’ve gone out on loan in August but he didn’t. That’s something he is going to have to learn quickly as well because the coaching staff know what they’re doing. He now needs to get his head down, work hard and battle in the conference and come back a better player, off the ball more than anything. Technically he’s too good for that level, but he’s against men and has to learn the ugly side of the game very quickly if he wants to force himself into Bowyer’s thinking.

There’s a good player there with lots of potential. It’s now he has to go out and do the business and prove he can do what is needed of him. 
    Mostly agree, although I would say I haven't seen anything from Oztumer yet to say he is significantly better than Albie. Very early days though as Oztumer has not had much game time yet. Even if Oztumer wasn't here though, he'd probably be behind Chuks as first reserve for Williams.
  • Options
    I stand by an earlier comment. 
    We also have a couple of players who are not good enough. 

Morgan in my opinion Will go on to have a  very good career. 
  • Options
    I stand by an earlier comment. 
    We also have a couple of players who are not good enough. 

Morgan in my opinion Will go on to have a  very good career. 
    Out of curiosity, who are the ones not good enough that you believe Morgan is better than right now? And other than Kayal, who was signed with an injury and is a class midfielder when he does get fit and play for us, give him a chance you’ll see, who is the other loanee that is never fit...?

Not saying he won’t have a good career, but when he’s about 10th or 11th in the pecking order, what’s the point of keeping him around right now? 
  • Options
    Think we need Paul Daniels... Hope it works out for both clubs... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ebbs need all we can get mate.. After all we gifted Bromley a few and look where they are. 
  • Options
    Ebbs need all we can get mate.. After all we gifted Bromley a few and look where they are. 
    Bromley ?
  • Options
    Poor move for him. Surely Douchebag could have pulled some strings and got him a gig in Belgium or Spain? Bows must have played with guys who are now managing abroad.
  • Options
    ... I haven't seen anything from Otzumer yet to say he is significantly better than Albie. 
    You presumably did not see the first half against Nottingham Forest? Oztumer was the best player on the pitch. He faded, but then so does Morgan (understandably at his age).
  • Options
    Poor move for him. Surely Douchebag could have pulled some strings and got him a gig in Belgium or Spain? Bows must have played with guys who are now managing abroad.
    Might be wrong but doesn't the transfer window or equivalent operate across the EU?

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    Might be wrong but doesn't the transfer window or equivalent operate across the EU?

There was nearly a month for him to get a gig abroad after our window shut.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    LenGlover said:

There was nearly a month for him to get a gig abroad after our window shut.
    You would be surprised how many young players do not want to go abroad. They would miss their mates, girlfriends and families. In many cases that might cause them to miss opportunities but we cannot change their prejudices. Don't forget 40% of the English population have been brain-washed by the media into thinking all foreigners are stupid and/or dishonest and/or incompetent and/or violent, etc.

And if you think RD could be arsed to intervene, where have you been for the past four years?
  • Options
    Only 40%?! Anyway... 
    Albie must have a good chance of playing tomorrow? 
  • Options
    Just casting my mind back to when Scotty Parker was a young player, had all the skills but Curbs wouldn't play him regularly.

Sent him out on loan to Norwich. Parker had the switching on the light bulb moment, knuckled down and quickly made a big contribution to that Norwich team.

Curbs recalled him and immediately thrust him into our 1st team, Parker instantly making a big impact and and his career took off from there.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Strange move . He should be at least playing in league two at worst .
    Albies oppo, Maloney, is on loan to Newport in League Two. They are similar players, talented but light-weight. Maloney only gets the occasional brief cameo as sub. He would have been better off staying with our u23s and getting regular game-time.

At least with Ebbsfleet, Morgan should play most games and, if he can shine in a struggling side, Bowyer will know he will be able to play in a better one. Plus, being so near, it will be convenient for our staff to keep an eye on him. Were he loaned to a Continental side, as per Harvey's suggestion, we could not afford to send anyone to monitor him.

The important issue is not at which level the borrowing club is, or where they are in the table, but the quality of their coaching staff and the style in which they like to play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strange move . He should be at least playing in league two at worst .
    Albies oppo, Maloney, is on loan to Newport in League Two. They are similar players, talented but light-weight. Maloney only gets the occasional brief cameo as sub. He would have been better off staying with our u23s and getting regular game-time.

At least with Ebbsfleet, Morgan should play most games and, if he can shine in a struggling side, Bowyer will know he will be able to play in a better one. Plus, being so near, it will be convenient for our staff to keep an eye on him. Were he loaned to a Continental side, as per Harveys suggestion, we could not afford to send anyone to monitor him.

The important issue is not at which level the borrowing club is, or where they are in the table, but the quality of their coaching staff and the style in which they like to play.
    Strange that Maloney and Sarpong got L2 loans when both are behind Morgan in terms of first team appearances. Did Morgan reject a loan offer in August?
  • Options
    3 players with CAFC connections for Ebbsfleet:
    Wilson
    Morgan
    Umerah

Morgan played a part in Umerahs goal
  • Options
    Wilson
    Morgan
    Umerah

Six, also Myles Weston, Ayo Obileye and Tomi Adeloye.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Wilson
    Morgan
    Umerah

Sorry meant starting, and I missed Weston so it was 4 starting
  • Options
    Wilson
    Morgan
    Umerah

Who is "Wilson"? I know the other five.
  • Options
    Wilson
    Morgan
    Umerah

Who is "Wilson"? I know the other five.
    Lawrie?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Yeah as @SantaClaus said its Lawrie Wilson, he used to be shite but I have heard now he is alright
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Wilson
    Morgan
    Umerah

Maybe why we are bottom
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Wilson
    Morgan
    Umerah

Seven, Aswad Thomas.