Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

East Anglia Addicks

Comments

• first bought weekend house in 87 at Eccles, retired 98 to Stalham. Norfolk life style must have been one of the best kept secrets as most Londoners, myself, included would often head southwest for holidays. Everything said about the fine Norfolk county is true. i spend my morning on horsey beach with my dogs and about 300 seals..lol. good eating out my way is ; Recruiting Sergent (Horstead), The Star (lessingham), The Swan (Ingham), Kings Head (Flegburgg). 
    Had a lovely meal there last weekend.

The Black Boys in Aylsham (part of the same group as the Sergeant along with the Buckinghamshire Arms, Blickling and The Rising Sun, Coltishall) is also bloody good.
  • Ps. Now moved to Thorpe st Andrew. But can agree to all those pubs etc.. 
  • we always said we'd retire to Cornwall but having visited Norfolk three times in the last few years it is definitely somewhere we could see ourselves retiring to, much more reasonable house prices too.
  • Shhhhhhhh.... We don't want them allll coming up here 
  • @UEAAddick

When you going to the Murderers to ask, then!
  • My family originate from Norfolk, we regularly go to Winterton-on-sea, lovely village.
  • Oioi

@UEAAddick has been into the Murderers  in Norwich and they have agreed to put the Fulham game on for us on Saturday 5th of October (12.30 kick off). They did say we should aim to get there early to claim a space. 

I'm up for trading my sofa in for a spot in the pub with some fellow Addicks. Who else fancies it?
  • UEAAddick said:
    Murderers Pub, has big screens and really good selection of lager and ale. Can ask when I'm up there next week if they will put the Fulham away game on, If people are wanting to organise something 
    If you get something arranged let us know and we’ll put it on our Twitter to try and get it out there
    @AFKABartram bump
  • As I said earlier, typical as I am away this weekend in yorkshire. Definitely would have come along with my son who is a fellow addick. Next time hey.
  • Sponsored links:

• A few words about my father who has been a Charlton fan since 1953 when he arrived in Woolwich from Worstead in Norfolk whilst serving in the Royal Artillery. After meeting a local girl and returning from overseas service left the army and married her. That’s where I came along. Dads been a season ticket holder since the Selhurst days and at 91 still travels away and was at Wigan with me yesterday. I suppose he qualifies as a Norfolk addick as he still has ties there and will be be driving up there this week visiting family. His late twin brother was a Norwich season tkt holder until his recent passing and there was never animosity between them. A few on here know Jim and will be drinking together next week in crossbars or the Oak.
    So I think he must be the oldest Norfolk Addick out there.
  • Acab said:7
    A few words about my father who has been a Charlton fan since 1953 when he arrived in Woolwich from Worstead in Norfolk whilst serving in the Royal Artillery. After meeting a local girl and returning from overseas service left the army and married her. That’s where I came along. Dads been a season ticket holder since the Selhurst days and at 91 still travels away and was at Wigan with me yesterday. I suppose he qualifies as a Norfolk addick as he still has ties there and will be be driving up there this week visiting family. His late twin brother was a Norwich season tkt holder until his recent passing and there was never animosity between them. A few on here know Jim and will be drinking together next week in crossbars or the Oak.
    So I think he must be the oldest Norfolk Addick out there.
    Respect to your father.

• This @UEAAddick sounds like the type of well organised "get things done" person that any supporters' group needs.
  • I'm up for this COYR
  • Oioi

@UEAAddick has been into the Murderers  in Norwich and they have agreed to put the Fulham game on for us on Saturday 5th of October (12.30 kick off). They did say we should aim to get there early to claim a space. 

I'm up for trading my sofa in for a spot in the pub with some fellow Addicks. Who else fancies it?
    Sorry Siv, as much as I'd like to I won't be able to make it.

It's my parents' golden wedding anniversary and I'll be down in Kent that weekend.

Beer festival at St Andrew's Hall last week of October, anyone?
  • red10 said:
    I'm up for this COYR
    3 of us and growing :)
  • we always said we'd retire to Cornwall but having visited Norfolk three times in the last few years it is definitely somewhere we could see ourselves retiring to, much more reasonable house prices too.

• I married a Cornish girl, (in naval slang "I sold my birthright for an oggie".) and always said to her, when I retire, we will move down too, or as near as possible too, Cornwall.  I think Southwold is near enough though.  I know I'm a Suffolk Addick, but would I be permitted to join the Norfolk gang on the 5th. in Norwich?  I can catch the 146 from Reydon all the way to St. Stephens Street, and back, then I don't have to worry about imbibing a few jars.    I believe the Murders is just round the corner from the bus stop.  As a point of interest, a couple from Ipswich, a few years ago, attempted to form an East Anglian supporters group, and we did a couple of coach trips down to the Valley, but sadly, it just didn't take off.  I wonder if anyone else remembers that.
  • red10 said:
    I'm up for this COYR
    3 of us and growing :)
    I currently in Northern Spain but intend to be back in Norfolk on Friday 4th and have a free be to see Norwich play on Saturday but will call into the Murderes prior to the match. Will be good to meet fellow Norfolk addicks.
  • What Time you thinking that we should all meet for the Murderers, I live in walking distance so can meet whenever or meet people earlier. See it says on google that it opens at half 10, but I reckon sometime like half 11/11:45 should be fine

• Sponsored links:

• Replacement fecking bus service on Saturday. 55 mins from Diss to Norwich FFS !
  • red10 said:
    Replacement fecking bus service on Saturday. 55 mins from Diss to Norwich FFS !
    That's less than it took me to get from Sidcup to The Valley by bus on Saturday (and same back via car!)
  • Normally 17 minutes, less drinking time !!
  • Hope this goes well and there's a repeat for Preston.
  • I will be up for same thing for the Preston game.

• I married a Cornish girl, (in naval slang "I sold my birthright for an oggie".) and always said to her, when I retire, we will move down too, or as near as possible too, Cornwall.  I think Southwold is near enough though.  I know I'm a Suffolk Addick, but would I be permitted to join the Norfolk gang on the 5th. in Norwich?  I can catch the 146 from Reydon all the way to St. Stephens Street, and back, then I don't have to worry about imbibing a few jars.    I believe the Murders is just round the corner from the bus stop.  As a point of interest, a couple from Ipswich, a few years ago, attempted to form an East Anglian supporters group, and we did a couple of coach trips down to the Valley, but sadly, it just didn't take off.  I wonder if anyone else remembers that.
    See you there, mate!
  • Welcome to posting @tomg

hope you guys enjoy your exiles get together on Sat
  • Be good to see a group photo if you lot are sober enough.
  • I’ll be in the murderers if there are others fans going.