Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

East Anglia Addicks

Comments

• Any recommendations for Norwich? Pubs restaurants etc
    What you looking for, yo?
  • Ask @UEAAddick he knows plenty of pubs in Norwich
  • Hmmmm...from re-reading this thread, I wonder if there's an appetite for a gathering of Addicks to watch Fulham v CAFC on SKY on Oct 5th...
  • @Siv_in_Norfolk ended up going to Shiki (Japanese), and The Rose, Rib of Beef, Murderers, Plasterers 
  • edited September 2019
    @Siv_in_Norfolk ended up going to Shiki (Japanese), and The Rose, Rib of Beef, Murderers, Plasterers 
    Sorry... Didn't know recommendations were required so immediately. Looks like you found some decent pubs and a bite to eat in a pretty part of the city.
  • I recently ventured into Norwich to explore - I normally stick to the coast, although I’ve been on a pub crawl there, can’t recall details soz.

Anyway I was pleasantly surprised by the history of the place, Norwich castle in particular being an early Norman tower of the same imported stone as London’s version, impressive.

I’m not up there often enough sadly to be part of a Norfolk Addicks brigade although I am sometimes tempted when there’s an away game in the East Midlands, problem is east west roads are fairly tricky particularly from where I am on the very northeast tip.
  • Off to Happisburgh for a week next Friday, lovely part of the country.
  • Good mate of mine lives in Dereham, originally from Peckham, not an Addick more of a fan tpaclub near where he lives, taken him to the Valley a few times. 

Have over the past few years stayed over in Thetford (work reasons) full of Londoners, Poles and Portugeese, plus of course the town where Dads Army was filmed, Jones the butchers shop is still there.
  • @Siv_in_Norfolk ended up going to Shiki (Japanese), and The Rose, Rib of Beef, Murderers, Plasterers 
    Mighty fine establishments.
  • We live in Mundesley, retired up here almost 2 years ago. Love it. It does take some getting used to. People you have never met smile and say hello, very low crime rate. If you hear a siren its probably a coffin dodger having a bad day. Standard of driving is appalling, they park by touch and generally slow down the tractors and caravans.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2019
    Before I moved to Briston about nine years ago I lived in the village of Taverham, about seven miles north-west of Norwich.

I was surprised how many Charlton fans lived in and around there: one neighbour, two doors down, was a Charlton fan who only went to away games, another one a few doors down the other way was also a season-ticket holder; the butcher I used in Costessey said he had a number of Charlton fans as customers; and I could always count on seeing an Addick or two at the Norwich Beer Festival during the October half-term!

A couple of years ago I was in Fakenham during the switching on of their Christmas lights and someone came up to me, noting the Charlton beanie I was wearing, and announced himself as a fellow Addick!

Last weekend my parents, uncle and aunt came up to visit for the weekend. On Sunday we had a drive out to the east coast and whilst we were in Yarmouth my mum saw a couple of Charlton tops and I'm sure I saw the lady who used to sit in the row in front of me about 15 years ago!

• @Briston_Addick others are well worth a visit. 
    Shiki was recommended by the critic Jay Raynor
    Lovely part of the world. 

• Been living in Norwich for over 30 years now. I would have been up for a get together to watch the Fulham game on sky but typically I am away in Yorkshire that weekend. It will be the usual looking around for a pub to watch it in. Think we should have a Norfolk addicks night in the city though. Be interesting to see how many of us we can get out for a beer in city pub.
  • Retired 18 months ago and bought a static caravan in Trimingham. Love the place and spend about a third of our time here. Looked at the cost of train travel to the Valley following comments above and cheaper than getting down from Lincolnshire. Love the beaches and walking our dogs. Didn’t think we would find a place with a slower pace of life than Spalding!
  • Retired 18 months ago and bought a static caravan in Trimingham. Love the place and spend about a third of our time here. Looked at the cost of train travel to the Valley following comments above and cheaper than getting down from Lincolnshire. Love the beaches and walking our dogs. Didn’t think we would find a place with a slower pace of life than Spalding!
    Yorkshire folk like to think of their county as God's County.

Kent, as we know, is the Garden of England.

North Norfolk is God's Holiday and Retirement Home.

There's no better place in the world. Why anyone wants to live in a big city is beyond me. Crikey, even Norwich is a bit too hectic for me!
  • Suffolk / Norfolk borders near Diss. Retired here 2 years ago, loving it 
  • I live in Hales near Loddon. Love it up here. Been here for 22 years.
  • Murderers Pub, has big screens and really good selection of lager and ale. Can ask when I'm up there next week if they will put the Fulham away game on, If people are wanting to organise something 
  • UEAAddick said:
    Murderers Pub, has big screens and really good selection of lager and ale. Can ask when I'm up there next week if they will put the Fulham away game on, If people are wanting to organise something 
    Do that. I'll commit to going to watch there rather than watching at home. Even if it's just me and one other, it's still be worth it.... But we might be able to get a few, judging by number of posts on here 
  • I live in Hales near Loddon. Love it up here. Been here for 22 years.
    I work out there. Pm'd you!
  • Sponsored links:

• UEAAddick said:
    Murderers Pub, has big screens and really good selection of lager and ale. Can ask when I'm up there next week if they will put the Fulham away game on, If people are wanting to organise something 
    Do that. I'll commit to going to watch there rather than watching at home. Even if it's just me and one other, it's still be worth it.... But we might be able to get a few, judging by number of posts on here 
    The only problem is that Norwich are at home that day, which might make it really busy. But when i go there I will say there are a group of Norfolk Charlton fans wanting to meet up to watch them in the early game, and they should put it on for us that day
  • UEAAddick said:
    UEAAddick said:
    The only problem is that Norwich are at home that day, which might make it really busy. But when i go there I will say there are a group of Norfolk Charlton fans wanting to meet up to watch them in the early game, and they should put it on for us that day
    Yeah... Brighton v Spurs is on BT Sport at same time... But am sure the landlord will be amenable if you tell him there's a group coming in.

Busy will just add to the atmosphere :)
  • UEAAddick said:
    If you get something arranged let us know and we’ll put it on our Twitter to try and get it out there
  • One meeting and you can come to the next fans forum
  • Not another group for @razil to represent?  ;)
  • You guys..
  • At Great Yarmouth Maritime Festival today and met a Charlton supporter who was running a football memorabilia stall. Yep I think there are quite a few of us now in Norfolk. At County Hall I sometimes see a car parked with our badge in the back window. Always lifts my heart!
  • I'll have to keep an eye out for it..
  • edited September 2019
    Im amazed at all these Norfolk Addicks. I live in Woolwich and I feel like the only Addick in town even on a home matchday!
  • first bought weekend house in 87 at Eccles, retired 98 to Stalham. Norfolk life style must have been one of the best kept secrets as most Londoners, myself, included would often head southwest for holidays. Everything said about the fine Norfolk county is true. i spend my morning on horsey beach with my dogs and about 300 seals..lol. good eating out my way is ; Recruiting Sergent (Coltishall), The Star (lessingham), The Swan (Ingham), Kings Head (Flegburgg).