Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Live streaming on Valley Pass - new multi camera coverage & Scott Minto hosting p46

edited December 2020 in General Charlton
Posted in the iFollow thread but thought it was worth a mention in its own thread.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d445495143be/information-on-how-fans-abroad-can-watch-saturdays-game-live-on-valley-pass

Comments

• International fans can watch Saturday’s trip to Blackburn Rovers live on Valley Pass. 

This weekend’s curtain raiser sees Lee Bowyer and his team make the trip to Ewood Park and international fans will be able to watch the game live in the company of Valley Pass commentators Greg Stubley and Nathan Muller. 

Fans living outside of the UK or on holiday abroad can watch Saturday’s game with one of two subscriptions: 

- A live stream match pass, which costs £5 and gives you access to one game 
     - A live stream season pass, which costs £110 and gives you access to all league games the club is allowed to stream in your respective region and full access to the Valley Pass archive 

Any fan on holiday from the UK is advised to purchase a match pass, as a season pass will not work when you return to the UK. 

For Saturday’s game supporters will be able to watch the game on desktops and laptops but not mobile devices or tablets. Later this month the live streamed games will be available on mobile devices and tablets via a new Valley Pass app. 

To purchase a package click here. 

Once you have a package, click here to watch the game, coverage starts from 2.45pm on Saturday, August 3rd. The club will be streaming league games on Valley Pass this year but due to EFL rules games on Saturdays at 3pm cannot be streamed in the UK. The first game available to fans in the UK will be when Charlton host Nottingham Forest on Wednesday, August 21st. 

Fans in the UK can listen to Saturday’s game on Valley Pass. Subscription costs just £6.50 a month or £60 for the year and will include the post-game interviews and highlights of the game. To sign-up for Valley Pass click here. Please note a Valley Pass subscription will not give you access to games the club are allowed to stream in the UK. These games will be available on a match-by-match purchase.
  • Using iFollow, when possible, avoids giving money to RD though.
    This. 
  • Will still probably buy the iFollow pass this weekend. Tried to watch a couple of the friendlies on VP and the stream was horrendous with how much it buffered. Would much rather hear Stubbers and Nathan, not gonna spend money on a dodgy stream though. Hopefully they've fixed it for the regular season
    There are only about 10 teams in the Championship who use the iFollow platform though
  • Some of the iFollow fee goes to the club anyway.
  • Can we get a foreign virtual IP to pretend we're watching abroad on holiday?
    There are only about 10 teams in the Championship who use the iFollow platform though
    That's 10 games I don't have to give any money to RD then, although it seems the club are not actually interested in selling this service, as I'd imagine a lot of people living abroad rely on PayPal.
  • Ferryman said:
    Can we get a foreign virtual IP to pretend we're watching abroad on holiday?
    Yes.
  • Sponsored links:

Glad I didn't know this otherwise I would have been sad going into the season.

Re: VP stream, I had no problems in pre-season. I know some did. I was using Chrome (from a Macbook) and ChromeCast. I wasn't around to help troubleshoot but I should be around either today or next week to see if I can help. No guarantee I can help, but will at least try.

In past, I've had a mixed time trying to ChromeCast VP highlights and such from a tablet to the TV. A lot of problems with buffering and such, so wondering if that's what people experienced. 

Also, they talked about launching a Valley Pass app later this month which will hopefully alleviate some difficulties with desktop. 
  • edited August 2019
    So for a muppet like me who doesn’t have a VPN and wants to sit in my garden in Dartford watching it on my iPhone. Can I do it or not?
  • So for a muppet like me who doesn’t have a VPN and wants to sit in my garden in Dartford watching it on my iPhone. Can I do it or not?
    No, sadly not.
  • Result 
  • edited August 2019
    So for a muppet like me who doesn’t have a VPN and wants to sit in my garden in Dartford watching it on my iPhone. Can I do it or not?
    No - the VPN is critical to watch today’s game.
  • So for a muppet like me who doesn’t have a VPN and wants to sit in my garden in Dartford watching it on my iPhone. Can I do it or not?
    I believe so, if you download/configure a VPN. iOS (Apple's mobile platform) is really not my specialty, and I don't have a device to test with, but here is a link to configuring a VPN on your iPhone.

https://www.imore.com/how-configure-vpn-access-your-iphone-or-ipad
  • what vpn are you guys using for todays game
  • edited August 2019
    Sorry @sillybilly I guess I misunderstood your question. I thought you were looking for a solution without having to use a VPN.

As SDA kindly points out above, VPNs aren’t scary and can be set up in seconds once you repeat the load up process a few times, just like opening a word document or any other file or software.

Being abroad, I don’t need a VPN to access Valley Pass so I can’t vouch for whether my iOS VPN of choice will be detected or not.

With that said, I personally use Windscribe’s free service on my iPhone if I ever want to access UK content that is blocked abroad (eg BBC iPlayer or Channel 4 On Demand). I’d imagine it would work fine in reverse but no guarantees.

I liked TunnelBear as a paid service too, very reliable and user friendly on iOS when I used it.
  • Sorry @sillybilly I guess I misunderstood your question. I thought you were looking for a solution without having to use a VPN.

As SDA kindly points out above, VPNs aren’t scary and can be set up in seconds once you repeat the load up process a few times, just like opening a word document or any other file or software.

Being abroad, I don’t need a VPN to access Valley Pass so I can’t bouch for whether my iOS VPN of choice will be detected or not.

With that said, I personally use Windscribe’s free service on my iPhone if I ever want to access UK content that is blocked abroad (eg BBC iPlayer or Channel 4 On Demand). I’d imagine it would work fine in reverse but no guarantees.

I liked TunnelBear as a paid service too, very reliable and user friendly on iOS when I used it.
    Cheers mate. Helpful. Mrs SB has solved the problem by taking me out this afternoon but I’ll be trying this out for future games this season. 👍
  • Pretty sure the website said it won't work on mobile devices to start with so I doubt you will get it on your phone @Sillybilly
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty sure the website said it won't work on mobile devices to start with so I doubt you will get it on your phone @Sillybilly
    Think you are right.  It said Laptops and Desktop computers only.  iFollow is the same at the moment.  Mobile devices to follow.
  • cafc-west said:
    Pretty sure the website said it won't work on mobile devices to start with so I doubt you will get it on your phone @Sillybilly
    Think you are right.  It said Laptops and Desktop computers only.  iFollow is the same at the moment.  Mobile devices to follow.
    iFollow you can watch on devices

Just download the club app to your phone or iPad etc.
  • Can you expect a email/receipt to say payment has gone through?
    Asking for a friend who's abroad.
  • T_C_E said:
    Can you expect a email/receipt to say payment has gone through?
    Yeah I got an email to confirm

If you go on to your account it should tell you your past purchase history too if your concerned about it going through properly
  • T_C_E said:

If you go on to your account it should tell you your past purchase history too if your concerned about it going through properly
    Thank you kind sir. 
  • T_C_E said:

Same, got an email receipt. It did take a few minutes if memory serves.
  • Do you need to subscribe to both services audio/highlights and video streams?
  • razil said:
    Do you need to subscribe to both services audio/highlights and video streams?
    Nope... Just signed in with my ValleyPass login details and purchased the £5 match pass

I guess that means we'll be paying for access to the match / commentary / valley vault (historic highlights)

What it wont give you is access to full length interviews and recent match highlights (you'd need to pay the £6.50 p/m for that)
  • edited August 2019
    Check junk email..
  • Is the commentary for the live streams with Tel et al, or is that just the radio stream that has an Addicks commentary team?