Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mackems

Comments

• Options
    Looking at their forum they seem almost as strange as we must to outsiders....
  • Options
    I do agree - You always have to generalise, but Newcastle fans believe they are the best fans in the world and are generally pathetic, whereas Sunderland fans seem to have their heads screwed on and are decent. 
  • Options
    98 gave me a great impression of Sunderland suppporters. Every encounter I have had since has reinforced that. 
  • Options
    My Mum came from Sunderland and I have ended up at Richmond, N. Yorks, so they are local for away trips.  Expecting company on the way to Wembley :/
  • Options
    But can we Take 'em on Sunday?
  • Options
    I read their thread on our game v Doncaster and they seemed like arrogant dickheads. Now I've just read another one and I was struck by how similar the characters are to the ones on this forum. Some very fair and thoughtful comments, punctuated by the odd 'fuck em'.
  • Options
    They seem to think we're all posh southerners who live a ten minute tube ride from Wembley.

Mackems make great pets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5tqSiqyAI
  • Options
    Many seem to think £150 for the day is a lot of money & they can't afford it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Many seem to think £150 for the day is a lot of money & they can't afford it.
    Probably be more than that for the majority of them.

Match ticket is at least 50 quid, trains down will be at least that again, if not more. Some will potentially stay in hotels too. When you add in a day of beers and food it's going to be over 200 quid for most of them.
  • Options
    Yeah but their mortgage is probably only 300 a month ! 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    They seem to think we're all posh southerners who live a ten minute tube ride from Wembley.

Mackems make great pets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5tqSiqyAI
    Reminds me of another northerner called Clive who posts on here.
  • Options
    Can just see oohaahclivewalker on Sunderland Life saying there’s no way we can win , we never win at Wembley , they say it comes in 3s well relegation relegation and play off defeat will complete it....

charlton always beat us at Wembley they have the Indian sign over us .

Jim Montgomery used all our Wembley luck up in 1973 ....

Look at our rivals in the Prem with bigger crowds and better away support , the end is nigh 
    Surely the ‘luck’ they had that year had a Charlton connection...Bob Stokoe
  • Options
    I haven't read anything about Jimmy Seed on their forums, he was after all one of their own and probably one of the best if not the best we have ever had.
  • Options
    I always remember there is one young lady looking absolutely shell shocked in the crowd after we made it either three all or four all, I also remember Sky making a big thing about an Arsenal fan at Old Trafford when they won the title twice but years apart.  Basically I hope Sky locate the aforementioned female fan in the crowd again and she is equally as dejected as before.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I read their thread on our game v Doncaster and they seemed like arrogant dickheads. Now I've just read another one and I was struck by how similar the characters are to the ones on this forum. Some very fair and thoughtful comments, punctuated by the odd 'fuck em'.
    Considering the number of members that place has I'm surprised there aren't more idiots. Most seem thoroughly decent. 
    It's like the opposite of Owlstalk that I sometimes visited during that season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I haven't read anything about Jimmy Seed on their forums, he was after all one of their own and probably one of the best if not the best we have ever had.
    Not sure if this is a whoosh but I doubt Jimmy Seed would be on the radar of many Mackems. 

Interesting that our two Wembley wins have been heavily influenced by blokes from that part of the world.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Not sure if this is a whoosh but I doubt Jimmy Seed would be on the radar of many Mackems. 

Interesting that our two Wembley wins have been heavily influenced by blokes from that part of the world.
    They certainly remember the later.
  • Options
    I live in Newcastle and any Sunderland fans I see always seem to wear tracksuit bottoms!Mind you,so do Newcastle fans!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Uboat said:
    Considering the number of members that place has I'm surprised there aren't more idiots. Most seem thoroughly decent. 
    It's like the opposite of Owlstalk that I sometimes visited during that season. 
    Oh God. Owlstalk. Don't remind me. 'Deluded' doesn't begin to cover it. 
  • Options
    I got a Mackem fan, not a season ticket holder and RARELY goes to matches. He managed to get a ticket today, sounds like they are struggling to shift tickets.
  • Options
    I hope we show them as much respect if they beat us, as they did in 98. Given the emotional roller-coaster that the game was, they were hugely gracious in defeat. I have no doubt they would be equally respectful should we win again.

Lets hope we can act as classy in the inevitable payback defeat .... 
  • Options
    I hope we show them as much respect if they beat us, as they did in 98. Given the emotional roller-coaster that the game was, they were hugely gracious in defeat. I have no doubt they would be equally respectful should we win again.

Lets hope we can act as classy in the inevitable payback defeat .... 
    we could of course lose but it’s not inevitable
  • Options

Yes remember them standing and applauding us as we left the stadium(seriously).