Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joey Barton Assaults Opposing Manager

Comments

• Still, as long as every paying punter is scrutinised with CCTV all is well.
    Hopefully there was CCTV in the tunnel, then Barton will be banged to rights.
    In the showers hopefully when he does bird for this!
  • If it’s proven then you would hope he’s done with football.  You think that people can change, but if it is true then he’s still the same little scumbag he was when he carried out all the previous incidents 

lock him up and throw away the key if guilty 
  • Daily Mail reporting that the Barnsley Manager is having emergency dental treatment today after losing two teeth in the incident
  • edited April 2019
    Be interesting to see Stendel's post match interview (If there is one now) to see if he's cut up or anything

Not that I'd see why Woodrow has to lie

Its frustrating as this is the sort of incident that can really unite a team on the pitch as well when we need Barnsley losing games!!
    Apparently neither club did any post match media.

Surely Barton will be sacked?
    The owner should be sacked for hiring him.
    How do you sack an owner ?
    If you could sack an owner, Roland would be long gone - if only

Edit - just seen Rossman's post
  • I love that the Shaun Harvey has said that as it was in the tunnel it was an 'off-field' incident it falls in to the referees jurisdiction and not their own.

Apart from bending over to the Premier League, What the f*** do the EFL actually do?
    It's unbelievable.

Barton is an animal, always has been. Then he had the arrogance to try and pretend he was an intellectual animal and start patronising people with his insights into the game and life in general.

If this turns out to be true and the sun does rise tomorrow morning, he should be excluded from participating in accredited roles in the game for the next 10 years. I would say life but that brings about so much contention so let's give him a decade to actually reflect on the type of individual he is and either work to change it, or never come back for good. Also, he clearly should have been arrested, charged and then, presumably, convicted.

That way the EFL cannot hide from acting against him. This would be assault, not an 'off-field incident'.
  • I love that the Shaun Harvey has said that as it was in the tunnel it was an 'off-field' incident it falls in to the referees jurisdiction and not their own.

Apart from bending over to the Premier League, What the f*** do the EFL actually do?
    It's unbelievable.

Barton is an animal, always has been. Then he had the arrogance to try and pretend he was an intellectual animal and start patronising people with his insights into the game and life in general.

If this turns out to be true and the sun does rise tomorrow morning, he should be excluded from participating in accredited roles in the game for the next 10 years. I would say life but that brings about so much contention so let's give him a decade to actually reflect on the type of individual he is and either work to change it, or never come back for good. Also, he clearly should have been arrested, charged and then, presumably, convicted.

That way the EFL cannot hide from acting against him. This would be assault, not an 'off-field incident'.
    Spot on. Trouble is even if he gets banned radio stations like Talksport will be falling over themselves to get him back on air as a pundit. (He's good value for them as he is outspoken). If all of the football world ignored him, it would be for the best.
  • Sponsored links:

Apart from bend over to the Premier League, What the f*** do the EFL actually do?
    Not exactly what he said though.

Harvey told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek programme: "As an off-the-field matter the tunnel is still in the domain of the referee but we will work closely with everybody to ensure it's not a case of who deals with the matter but actually the matter is dealt with properly. The police investigation is ongoing as well".

It's unbelievable.

Spot on. Trouble is even if he gets banned radio stations like Talksport will be falling over themselves to get him back on air as a pundit. (He's good value for them as he is outspoken). If all of the football world ignored him, it would be for the best.
    No doubt but the only time we've truly seen proper press regulation in this country the past 25 years is when celebrities got their phones hacked to find out if they were signed up to Ashley Madison and whatnot etc etc etc Hugh Grant and Jeremy Clarkson droning on was seen as more important than the fact that the family of Milly Dowler had falsely and heartbreakingly had their hopes raised their daughter and sister might still be alive when a sub-human being paid by the NOTW corporation hacked and accessed and then, deleted, her phone messages after she'd already gone missing.

Anyway, a tad off point, press regulation needs to be tighter and carry greater punishments and consequences for being willing to risk employing such figures, whilst also not hampering free speech.
  • I think the thing we don't know was whether it was an unprovoked assault or a fight between the two that Barton won. I think the answer makes a difference to where all this ends up. 
  • Daily Mail reporting that the Barnsley Manager is having emergency dental treatment today after losing two teeth in the incident
    I bet a dentist in Barnsley doesn't get much work.
    And if there isnt a Dentist in Barnsley called: "E'By Gum" then there is something wrong with the world

That is brilliant FA
  • I think the thing we don't know was whether it was an unprovoked assault or a fight between the two that Barton won. I think the answer makes a difference to where all this ends up. 
    A fight like the one Dabo had? I'm willing to bet good money that it was Barton who was the instigator. If he'd tried that shit on Lord Bowyer I dare say he'd be the one in need of some emergency dentistry....
  • Story is turning out to not be quite how it was first told.

"Sources have alleged that the 36-year-old former Manchester City midfielder barged into the back of his German counterpart, who fell head first into the metal support inside the tunnel, damaging his two front teeth and leaving him bloodied and shaken."

Whilst it's still uncalled for and is assault, it's not quite the headbutt to the face story that was going round. 
  • Mr Barton's brief earning his money

"Sources have alleged that the 36-year-old former Manchester City midfielder barged into the back of his German counterpart, who fell head first into the metal support inside the tunnel, damaging his two front teeth and leaving him bloodied and shaken."

Whilst it's still uncalled for and is assault, it's not quite the headbutt to the face story that was going round. 
    Sounds like Wayne Hennessey is representing Joey Barton if he is the source  :)  
  • Sponsored links:

If so then that was bad of Woodrow to even post the initial tweet let alone having to delete it
  • edited April 2019
    Will be a ton of witnesses so not exactly something Barton can try to lie about.

But it's perhaps the reason he hasn't been sacked yet. If it was a headbutt that knocked the guys teeth out, then i'd have expected him to be sacked immediately. 
  • Barging into somebody can be accidental or it can be deliberate.
    If you deliberately barge somebody and they fall under a train and die would that constitute murder?
    If you deliberately barge somebody and they collide with something and sustain injury would that constitute assault?
    Tripping up over something would that make it an accident?

Apart from bend over to the Premier League, What the f*** do the EFL actually do?
    Cantona’s Scissor kick was “off-field” albeit in the stands but he’s knuckles were surely rapped. 😉

So Barton attacked him from behind. Makes it all sound a lot better.
  • edited April 2019

Is it possible to confirm something is alleged, doesnt that mean its no longer alleged if its confirmed

Not necessarily. We thought that the allegation had been confirmed but it turned out that the confirmation itself was only alleged. Where is Sir Humphrey when you need him?
  • Redrobo said:
    Story is turning out to not be quite how it was first told.

So Barton attacked him from behind. Makes it all sound a lot better.
    Don't get me wrong my aim isn't to defend Barton here, as the guy is a proven nutcase, just saying that there is perhaps more to come from this story and that's possibly why he wasn't immediately sacked.