Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Duchatalet Blocks Striker Transfer

In case people don't bother opening the other threads thinking nothing significant happens:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-charlton-athletic-owner-roland-duchatelet-blocks-plans-for-striker-signing/

First time Bowyer has really spoken out about ongoing in the background.

Comments

• “But I got a phonecall from Steve Gallen [head of recruitment] literally 10 minutes ago saying the owner said no, we can’t bring in another striker because we’ve got Lyle [Taylor], Josh [Parker] and Igor [Vetokele].”
  • I'd love to see a video of that interview

Lee's body language and tone of voice would be very interesting to see after his comments
  • Reading that anyone would think the owner didn't care about us progressing. Strange. Can't work it out.
    Even more crazy if its true (as per the Sale of Charlton thread) is that Roland wants extra cash if we get promoted to the Championship and Premier League - Basically doesnt want to fund any serious promotion attempts himself yet still be rewarded from the efforts of others if we do

What a deluded idiot!!
    Was actually being sarcy mate.  The bloke's a clown.  Happy to protract the sale until he gets what he wants regardless of the ongoing damage/ stagnation his tenure imposes on our club.

But the footballing authorities more interested in addressing a few over-jubilant fans encroaching the pitch as the ownership and mismanagement of English football clubs continues to decay with little more than a few impotent platitudes by the wallies supposedly in charge of overseeing the game.
  • Trying to find a word to describe Roland that I haven't used before.
    Think I'm out.
  • Sponsored links:

• RD fucks us over every transfer window . I'ts what he does .
  • Reading that anyone would think the owner didn't care about us progressing. Strange. Can't work it out.
    Even more crazy if its true (as per the Sale of Charlton thread) is that Roland wants extra cash if we get promoted to the Championship and Premier League - Basically doesnt want to fund any serious promotion attempts himself yet still be rewarded from the efforts of others if we do

What a deluded idiot!!
    Was actually being sarcy mate.  The bloke's a clown.  Happy to protract the sale until he gets what he wants regardless of the ongoing damage/ stagnation his tenure imposes on our club.

But the footballing authorities more interested in addressing a few over-jubilant fans encroaching the pitch as the ownership and mismanagement of English football clubs continues to decay with little more than a few impotent platitudes by the wallies supposedly in charge of overseeing the game.
    Nah knew you were being sarcastic.

Was just carrying on from your remark that the bloke is happy to leave others to pick up his mess yet still expect a part of the pie if there is any success from the result

Its as Andy Holt says though (as per your second paragraph) until the FA work on something that stops these rogue owners from coming in asset stripping we'll only see more cases like Roland and not less
  • If Igor had been given a 3 year contract instead of a ridiculous 5 in the first place then the 7k salary(Vetokele salary) could have been used on another striker loan.

Ps. Somewhere in a parallel universe.
  • RD fucks us over every transfer window . I'ts what he does .
    I'm still a bit shocked that people on here didnt think it would happen this Transfer Window under Roland

And that there would be no fire sale
  • He sold our goal scorer a couple of weeks, which is normal tactics for him, now wont replace him.

Same old same and repeat year in year out. To think he once said, he could get Charlton into the Premier League. The man is a deluded, incompetent idiot. 

• Sponsored links:

• This shouldn't come as any sort of surprise, it's taken a while for the rotten old lunatic to find a new depth but he's got there.
    Selfishy there's a lot about this squad and management team I'd like to see stay with CAFC but for their own sakes, they can't countenance staying one minute longer than is absolutely necessary.  Any offer from elsewhere has to be better.  Hanging around this toxic bungler and the rotting cadaver that the club will soon become will only harm the careers of all involved.  I'd forgive all concerned for freewheeling into the end of the season, finish 7th and leg it for the exit as fast as their legs can carry them.  As soon as their contracts are done and transfers to anywhere else completed, then dish the dirt on the rancorous buffoon.
    With no realistic prospect of a change of regime, my fear for CAFC's future has grown significantly.
    What any potential new owner (should such an entity actually exist) sees in the rudderless, crumbling dinghy that was once the MV CAFC, baffles me entirely.  Roly the meddler has battered it beyond recognition and seaworthiness.

• I wonder if this is RD taking his revenge on Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen for crazily splashing the cash on Odoh from Tooting recently?

Didnt we have a seasons budget, yet shipped out Ajose, Clarke and Grant’s wages and received £1.5M cash and replaced with a journeyman from Gills wages.

Sadly after Bowyers last interview it seemed clear RD would not support which is hardly surprising when he is cutting back on relatively inconsequential costs like cereal, water, cleaners and Electricity.
  • This really needs to be raised at the fans forum.

Does this amount to the playing budget being cut mid-season or was Lee Bowyer asking for something above of the agreed playing budget.

I cannot see how this is above and beyond with the players that left in January, and any mid-season cut to the playing budget needs to be explained by the club.

I do not care how much money we are losing a month, if a playing budget has been agreed any cutting of this needs explaining, especially when we are supposedly pushing for promotion.

Hasn't Roland's lackie said in the past that he's got no involvement in that side of things?

i.e. He's only involved in the sale isnt he?

What a deluded idiot!!
    agreed but Rodders is our deluded idiot
  • Well, forget promotion then. 
  • Are we really not allowed to swear on here anymore? 
    Havent the foggiest
  • I am so annoyed. That's our very faint hopes of auto promotion 100% gone. We will now struggle to get into the play offs. When you consider that Taylor is likely to miss another 2 games with suspension that leaves us with 12 games to get enough points to keep above Doncaster, Peterborough Coventry and Blackpool. We are only 5 points in front now with other teams with games in hand. We still have to play Doncaster, Pompey and the flying unbeaten Luton. Do we still have to play Barnsley yet?  6 weeks in i was very very confident of playoffs. Now i can see us falling out of it. You can't keep relying on Taylor. Thank you Roland for ruining our season.