Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Duchatalet Blocks Striker Transfer

Comments

• se9addick said:
    I wonder if Bowyer had known it was basically Josh Parker or Joe Mason which would he have opted for? 

Usual nonsense from RD, bringing Mason in for five months would cost about £100K in total which in turn would give us a much better chance of promotion and - if we are promoted - he just might get the fee he wants for the club. He would still be £1.4M up this transfer window. 
    This is a very good point. From what Bowyer said, he didn't seem to even know who Josh Parker was, he just went on Gallen's recollection of him from several years ago. Mason wasn't released until deadline day so it's possible that he only appeared on their radar after the window shut, but I would be surprised if we would have taken Parker over Mason given their different levels of Football League experience. Imagine a world where we can sell a player for a couple of million, shift a load of others off the wage bill and lose out to Plymouth for a new signing because the owner isn't willing to spend the money he's leeching out of the club. Must be a horrible feeling for the Academy staff to watch these players they've worked with for years and years moving on to decent higher league clubs and knowing the money's just going into RD's pocket.
  • Too late now but .. Vetokele should have been let go months back .. he's never really done the business for us and a blind man could see that he no longer enjoyed playing for us .. perhaps Duchatelet insisted on keeping him at the club .. we don't know .. Real shame that we can't bring in another striker, BUT, it is what it is
    I doubt he'd be willing to cancel his contract, he's never going to get another one like it!
  • He's an utter twunt(not a swear word). Seems intent on destroying his investment.
  • Mametz said:
    Surely nobody who posts on this forum can be surprised enough to be disappointed by this. Roland was never going to sanction the acquisition of another striker. Roland knows what he is doing and he is not deluded. The people who post on here saying that the ownership is an irrelevance are the deluded ones.

Absolutely this. There shouldn't be a supporter left anywhere in any doubt just how toxic his reign has been and this shouldn't come as a surprise to any of us. All of us have been kicked repeatedly in the...er...bottom(?) by Roland so often that by now we should be immune to it. Or at the least have slid a copy of Curbs autobiography down our strides first to cushion the blow. 
  • edited February 2019
    Mametz said:
    Surely nobody who posts on this forum can be surprised enough to be disappointed by this. Roland was never going to sanction the acquisition of another striker. Roland knows what he is doing and he is not deluded. The people who post on here saying that the ownership is an irrelevance are the deluded ones.

Absolutely this. There shouldn't be a supporter left anywhere in any doubt just how toxic his reign has been and this shouldn't come as a surprise to any of us. All of us have been kicked repeatedly in the...er...bottom(?) by Roland so often that by now we should be immune to it. Or at the least have slid a copy of Curbs autobiography down our strides first to cushion the blow. 
    Reading Curbs' book would probably have the same effect...
  • So when is the next tour to Belgium happening? Time to try and force the old scrot to drop his asking price don’t you think? 

• RD does what RD does ---- should be no surprise to anyone
  • was never going to get autos with this squad doesn't help that of a decent strike partnership 1 was sold and the other banned for 3 games, any points we have got out of the games whilst taylor has been banned is a plus, we are in playoffs by currently 6 points, need a win saturday against blackpool. 
  • edited February 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    What a Coño
    how do you get that lil squiggle above the 'n' ?
    I'm on mobile so just hold down n and ñ comes up as the alt option.

Alternatively necessary Spanish and use their keyboard input.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another thing that has annoyed me about this is if you look at things financially, it just shows Roland being as tight as he possibly can.

If we were to say that letting go of Ajose, Clarke, and Grant has saved Roland around £10,000 p/w, that works out to be around £220,000 until the end of June. We also have received money for Grant going to Huddersfield, of which let’s say we got the £1.5mil up front. That works out to be let’s say £1.72mil.

Signing Mason until the end of the season would probably cost around £4,000 p/w so again let’s call it £80,000 for a round number for the rest of the season. Add on a signing on fee, make it £90,000.

That £90,000 is a mere 5% of the money that he has either saved or that’s come into the club from Grant leaving.

5%. And I know we are only “2% of his business interests” but come on, this is just ridiculous.

When it could be the difference between us going up or staying in League One, the man is an absolute fool, whatever way you look at it.
  • If Igor had been given a 3 year contract instead of a ridiculous 5 in the first place then the 7k salary(Vetokele salary) could have been used on another striker loan.

Ps. Somewhere in a parallel universe.
    Heard on Saturday that Igor is the hifhigh paid player in League One outside of Sunderland.
  • I'm sure I recall a recent comment by Bowyer about it being fortunate that Aribo was injured during the window thus preventing a sale.  Wonder if this was hypothetical or he had word from above to push/ tout a sale.
  • se9addick said:
    I wonder if Bowyer had known it was basically Josh Parker or Joe Mason which would he have opted for? 

Usual nonsense from RD, bringing Mason in for five months would cost about £100K in total which in turn would give us a much better chance of promotion and - if we are promoted - he just might get the fee he wants for the club. He would still be £1.4M up this transfer window. 
    This is a very good point. From what Bowyer said, he didn't seem to even know who Josh Parker was, he just went on Gallen's recollection of him from several years ago. Mason wasn't released until deadline day so it's possible that he only appeared on their radar after the window shut, but I would be surprised if we would have taken Parker over Mason given their different levels of Football League experience. Imagine a world where we can sell a player for a couple of million, shift a load of others off the wage bill and lose out to Plymouth for a new signing because the owner isn't willing to spend the money he's leeching out of the club. Must be a horrible feeling for the Academy staff to watch these players they've worked with for years and years moving on to decent higher league clubs and knowing the money's just going into RD's pocket.

It is actually 16 weeks to the play-off final, at £5k pw that would be only £80k, and given that he has played the last few years at Burton, Colordo and Pompey, not a regular starter, we'd likely get him cheaper.

• Dazzler21 said:
    What a Coño
    how do you get that lil squiggle above the 'n' ?
    Ñ

Ń

Ņ

Ň
    THAT is just showing off ((:>)
  • so give mikhail kennedy a chance then . 
  • But he’s still no worse than Fryer, Hulyer and Gliksten. Apparently.

Don't start that one off again!
  • Is his hotel open yet?

• edited February 2019
    Duct tape tight fisted cunt 

.... these are not the actions of someone that's trying to sell a club. 

If any of the club grasses are reading, please do ban me... my name is Carl Cashman and il happily pass on my addres if a letter needs sending out. 
  • so give mikhail kennedy a chance then . 

We'll probably have no choice when Igor is injured again and Lyle gets a two game suspension for reaching 10 bookings.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm unclear how RD made it a businessman having seen how he runs Charlton. He just seems determined to destroy the value of the club.

• Ferryman said:
    If Igor had been given a 3 year contract instead of a ridiculous 5 in the first place then the 7k salary(Vetokele salary) could have been used on another striker loan.

Ps. Somewhere in a parallel universe.
    Heard on Saturday that Igor is the hifhigh paid player in League One outside of Sunderland.
    Apparently Cattermole is on 30k a week as he got the contract when the wearsiders were still in Prem !

Strikers at most clubs will be the top earners, this is why Igor earns more than BFG and super-Sarr.

Accrington and Fleetwood had the lowest top earners in League 1 with £1750 being mentioned. (Both strikers)
  • Makes the signing of another striker on transfer DD sound like a bit of a ruse. 
  • Agree with the sentiments here. Very short sighted. And unsurprising: Roland has always had a pre-ordained idea about how much money he puts into the club and how big the squad should be. Perhaps he should spend more than 2 hours per week considering the clubs affairs.
  • Makes you wonder whether the story that we were close to signing both Oztumer and Eisa on deadline day was just BS.
  • vffvff
    edited February 2019
    Roland Duchatelet no surprise. Managers / coaches don’t last long when they speak openly about Duchatelet’s decisions. If Duchatelet doesn’t sell, I would worry whether Lee Bowyer’s contract would be extended. Look at Riga, first season under Duchatelet. Spoke out & got shown the door.
  • TICK TOCK

TICK TOCK

TICK TOCK

(The Lee Bowyer manager at Charlton timer starts ticking down...)

TICK TOCK

TICK TOCK

• I am perhaps one of the few who didn't slate Roland for using the Grant money on a new striker. 

But this is different, it's almost comical that he won't sanction a new striker. 

It also makes zero sense. If he was going to sanction a loan move for Eisa/Oztumer why not a free striker? Wanker of the highest order. 
  • edited February 2019
    Aribo will leave free and clear at the end of the season and probably sign for Brighton.