Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duchatalet Blocks Striker Transfer

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    I am so annoyed. That's our very faint hopes of auto promotion 100% gone. We will now struggle to get into the play offs. When you consider that Taylor is likely to miss another 2 games with suspension that leaves us with 12 games to get enough points to keep above Doncaster, Peterborough Coventry and Blackpool. We are only 5 points in front now with other teams with games in hand. We still have to play Doncaster, Pompey and the flying unbeaten Luton. Do we still have to play Barnsley yet?  6 weeks in i was very very confident of playoffs. Now i can see us falling out of it. You can't keep relying on Taylor. Thank you Roland for ruining our season. 
    Nope... Just Doncaster | Portsmouth | Luton | Blackpool from those you mention

Doncaster is the only one of those away thankfully
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Well, forget promotion then. 
    Steady on.  

Makes it harder of course and we will need some luck but if we get to the play offs and have our first team injury and suspension free then an 11 of Phillips, Solly, Bauer, Sarr, Purrington, Cullen, Aribo, Reeves/Fosu, Williams, Taylor and Vet/Parker should be strong enough to compete with anyone with Pearce, Bielik, Lapslie, Morgan and poss even JFC etc on the bench.

bowyer needs to adopt the ‘it is what it is’ mantra on this and refocus and motivate the players and squad.  Maybe unlikely but new contracts for those expiring so they can get on and focus on winning would be most welcome...
  • Options
    Still think we'll make the play-offs comfortably, but what a shambles.

Feel for Bo, Gallen and Jacko as they're having to do this job with their hands tied behind their back. Wish someone would just complete this bloody takeover so we can start looking forwards with some positivity, rather than nervously list which players are out of contract.

If we don't go up this year, just what is our squad going to look like next season? Worrying times.
  • Options
    Concerned how down Bowyer sounded after the game on Saturday.
    Must be odd driving forward for something when your guvna really couldn't give a shit.
  • Options
    But he’s still no worse than Fryer, Hulyer and Gliksten. Apparently.
  • Options
    So this summer then: Bowyer and Jacko gone, Aribo, Fosu, Bauer go with them at least. 
  • Options
    Hopefully if Bowyer does go we might get a proper no holds barred interview with him about Roland.
  • Options
    I wonder how pissed off Bowyer is getting with this whole debacle bearing in mind he (and Jacko) only have a few months left on his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he walked some time soon
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Hopefully if Bowyer does go we might get a proper no holds barred interview with him about Roland.
    Yep. No non disclosure agreement to sign if he leaves at the end of his contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too late now but .. Vetokele should have been let go months back .. he's never really done the business for us and a blind man could see that he no longer enjoyed playing for us .. perhaps Duchatelet insisted on keeping him at the club .. we don't know .. Real shame that we can't bring in another striker, BUT, it is what it is
  • Options
    So this summer then: Bowyer and Jacko gone, Aribo, Fosu, Bauer go with them at least. 
    Can see a situation where Bowyer might leave but I think Jackson will remain and give it a go. His motives might be misguided in some respect but I think the bloke is 100% committed to the club and would walk on broken glass if it would help.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Still think we'll make the play-offs comfortably, but what a shambles.

Feel for Bo, Gallen and Jacko as they're having to do this job with their hands tied behind their back. Wish someone would just complete this bloody takeover so we can start looking forwards with some positivity, rather than nervously list which players are out of contract.

If we don't go up this year, just what is our squad going to look like next season? Worrying times.

this is what scares me. I'm sure Bowyer and Jackson are fully aware of it and bringing it up wont help with the stress but this could be the most crucial few months we've had for a very long time. if we fail to go up then next season, if Duchetlet is still here or the new owners don't have the spending power, I see us struggling to stay in the league. which could be catastrophic for the club if we go down to the bottom tier of the football league.
  • Options
    Too late now but .. Vetokele should have been let go months back .. he's never really done the business for us and a blind man could see that he no longer enjoyed playing for us .. perhaps Duchatelet insisted on keeping him at the club .. we don't know .. Real shame that we can't bring in another striker, BUT, it is what it is
    Nobody would want to buy him, if someone took him on loan, we'd probably still be paying much of the wages anyway, and if we cancelled his contract there would be a big payoff fee.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    To be honest, I'm not bothered about not signing Mason, who barely played when on loan at Pompey. And thinking back to the relegation season, all those free agents brought in by Riga didn't do us much good really.

The shambles was not replacing Grant properly in the transfer window
  • Options
    Great work Roland - our League 1 status assured for another season and a timely reminder that the word "w#*ker" was invented for you. 

I look forward to this time next year when you will undoubtedly still be here, waiting for someone to cough up £70m for a League 1 side with average gates of less than 7,000 which is sitting (if we're lucky) just outside the League 1 relegation zone.
  • Options
    Being taken away from the valley was ok was it ? Please expain, no on seconds thoughts don't bother. 

For the last Fucxxxx time Duchatelet is the ultimate nightmare. Hulyer was a maverick, and the Gilksten family were local business men with no football ambition.
  • Options
    Being taken away from the valley was ok was it ? Please expain, no on seconds thoughts don't bother. 

For the last Fucxxxx time Duchatelet is the ultimate nightmare. Hulyer was a maverick, and the Gilksten family were local business men with no football ambition.
    If he’s the ultimate nightmare, why refer to past owners at all. He’s by far the worst.
  • Options
    If the reason for not funding a replacement is he doesn't want to spend any more on the club - and he really wants rid of us so much - then lower the price and sell it! It's not difficult to understand, is it?!
    As the old saying goes; you can't have the penny and the bun.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got told off by Admin for calling Duchalet a four letter word beginning with C.  So bearing that in mind I think the blokes an absolute  bounder.
  • Options
    No surprise. Next season the purse strings will be tightened up again as RD strives to reduce his outgoings and this will be after we lose quality players like Aribo and Bauer. It's shambolic management really.
    Bye the bye, I wonder how many other Division One teams run at a big loss?
  • Options
    Got told off by Admin for calling Duchalet a four letter word beginning with C.  So bearing that in mind I think the blokes an absolute  bounder.
    Cad is only a three letter word
  • Options
    What a Coño
  • Options

Where is @Doucher ?

Even those in the know, know nothing....

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    What a Coño
    how do you get that lil squiggle above the 'n' ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    What a Coño
    I use copy and paste, e.g.

When will the takeover happen? Mañana...
  • Options
     I blame Taxi lad giving fans false hope ;-)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    What a Coño
    Ñ

Ń

Ņ

Ň