Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Spurs stadium not ready

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

the pints from the bottom have been at wembley since 2016

lol have they? That shows you how many times I've been to the bar at half time!
    I think they're at the Emirates as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Looks fantastic, but "the goal line bar"? If youre gonna spend a load of money on decent facilities at least think of a good name ffs.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I was told last week it would be the Newcastle game on 2nd Feb.

Apparently corporate invites to sponsors have already gone out stating that but we'll just have to wait and see.

No safety cert yet from Haringey council.
  • Options
    £8.50 for fish & chips is steep unless they are Beluga caviar coated pieces of fish served with 15 chips cooked in truffle oil.

Stadium looks amazing by the way.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    cafc999 said:

JohnBoyUK said:

I was told last week it would be the Newcastle game on 2nd Feb.

Apparently corporate invites to sponsors have already gone out stating that but we'll just have to wait and see.

No safety cert yet from Haringey council.
    Yep, very true. Only repeating what I've been told. I was also told Spurs have requested the 3rd round FA Cup game (now confirmed as against Tranmere) is on the Friday evening so it frees up the Sat/Sun for the next test event. We'll soon find out if its true.

Edit - now confirmed as Fri 7:45pm kick off so read into that what you will with a pinch of salt.
  • Options
    Think the Marseille style kop end looks fantastic. It's a very good looking stadium and a cut above the other new builds in the Prem. Good luck to them, hope the move brings them success.
  • Options
    Fucking being at the top of that stand when a goal against Arsenal goes in, won't stop rolling till you hit the pitch!

Also, I'd imagine seat plans get a bit complicated, when you are in the 85th row, what's it gonna be called? DG?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

the pints from the bottom have been at wembley since 2016

Its nothing new, Brighton fans have been getting pints in the bottom for years :wink:
  • Options
    Home dressing room nearly done
  • Options
    I see some of the lower part of the kop style stand has safe standing bars? Are premiership teams or those in European comps allowed to use them?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

ChiAddick said:

I see some of the lower part of the kop style stand has safe standing bars? Are premiership teams or those in European comps allowed to use them?

Its safe-standing ready. If permission is granted for safe-standing, its ready to go. These are the areas...

And at the opposite end too
  • Options
    South stand concourse entrance
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

cafc999 said:

Work to be done still on the away dressing room.

Looks as I would expect it to finished.

What’s the max away support then @JohnBoyUK it looks tiny from your picture. They might as well not be there for the noise they are going to make.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It does look like a proper proper stadium.
    Not sure what my old grandad would have made of it but I think it looks fantastic.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

sam3110 said:

Fucking being at the top of that stand when a goal against Arsenal goes in, won't stop rolling till you hit the pitch!

Also, I'd imagine seat plans get a bit complicated, when you are in the 85th row, what's it gonna be called? DG?

Row 85.
    Thats pretty much the view I'm going to have. Thats from block 402. We've got ours in 403...allbeit we're towards the front of that block as opposed to the back!

The away fans are sitting opposite end, right hand corner. Max of 4 blocks, block just to the right of the goal to the block this side of the corner flag (highlighted red)
    We’ll sell that out easily , new ground syndrome but if by some miracle we are in the same league for more than a couple of seasons we’ll not need it all and by the 5th in a row half that will be more than enough and then we can blame the Roland years for our pathetic away numbers , wishful thinking .
  • Options
    Tottenham fan at work went on a stadium tour at the weekend said the new stadium was fantastic. Lucky bastard. Supporting Charlton really is a curse at the moment.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Ridiculous. The blue lights at the bottom and TV screens for their names is just tacky. This is a work area where you want players thinking and focusing on the game ahead.

Lovely stadium though.

• Options
    Redrobo said:

cafc999 said:

Ridiculous. The blue lights at the bottom and TV screens for their names is just tacky. This is a work area where you want players thinking and focusing on the game ahead.

Lovely stadium though.

Guess its all about putting them in a nice relaxed environment where they're not dwelling on the game

Poch himself said he didnt tell Skipp that he was starting against Burnley until the last possible moment as didnt want him over thinking the match the night before etc.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Email received.

Watford, Leicester, Newcastle and Dortmund all at Wembley.

FFS.

"We have now received a post-Christmas/New Year update from the contractors involved in the critical safety systems at our new stadium.

The past month has seen remedial works take place, software issues resolved and corrected safety equipment installations increase. Testing has also continued.

We are now liaising with the contractors and building control at Haringey Council to determine a schedule of commissioning, building test dates and building control sign-offs, along with formal test event dates.

Given the time required to deliver these and the test events, we can confirm that our Premier League matches against Watford (30 January), Newcastle United (2 February) and Leicester City (10 February) - and our Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund (13 February) - will take place at Wembley Stadium.

Should we continue to progress to the fifth round of the FA Cup and have a home draw, this too would be played at Wembley Stadium (weekend of 16/17 February).

Daniel Levy, Chairman said: “I should like to apologise to our fans and thank you for your continued patience. The response from those who attended the familiarisation event was great to hear and reinforced our commitment to deliver an exceptional matchday experience for everyone. We shall now seek clarity in respect of building test schedules and test event dates and provide further information on these in the next two to three weeks.”
    All Members contracted to the New Stadium will automatically receive a credit note equal to 1/28th* of your 2018/19 seasonal fee for each of the matches to be played at Wembley, 28 being the average number of games in all competitions over the past five seasons."

Shambles.

I hope they are in the Fifth Round otherwise it means those stripey cunts are a step nearer Wembley again.
  • Options
    Wembley need Spurs out asap, £2m floodlight upgrade is being delayed, and they want it in place for the FA Cup Final.