Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Spurs stadium not ready

Comments

• Options
    Molton Brown is lovely stuff, good choice.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Does he play centre mid? Where is he coming from? Madrid? Barca? Bayern Munich.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Macronate said:
    Does he play centre mid? Where is he coming from? Madrid? Barca? Bayern Munich.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Drops deep from the hole quite often
  • Options
    If its yellow let it mellow
    If its brown flush it down
  • Options
    Milk, milk, lemonade,
    Around the corner, chocolates made...
  • Options
    Just looked at a few videos. Looks pretty amazing. But much like Arsenal after they moved, it won't make a whit of difference to the team on the field. Tottenham is never winning the PL title because their owners just hate to spend money on players. Players, not stadiums, win titles.
  • Options
    Just looked at a few videos. Looks pretty amazing. But much like Arsenal after they moved, it won't make a whit of difference to the team on the field. Tottenham is never winning the PL title because their owners just hate to spend money on players. Players, not stadiums, win titles.
    Totally agree. Many people are thinking that by having a massive stadium automatically brings in massive revenue. It does to an extent but it also costs a lot more to run and staff. For example, last November the electricity bill for white hart lane was more then the one for the entire season at the old ground.

On a side note, the single stand home end is awesome. Fill that with the right people and it will give spurs a 12th man.
  • Options
    I'd have thought it's all about the money, the hospitality sections are where the big clubs really cash in.  Arsenal's new Avenell club memberships for next season start at £9,750 per person and have to be purchased in multiples of two.  Mind you, you do get your own personalised coat hook for ya money.  

https://premiumconcierge.arsenal.com/avenell-club/
  • Options
    Arsenal's stands are quite far back from the pitch though, but from what i've seen the Spurs ones are much tighter to the pitch, so this should give Spurs a much better atmosphere than at Arsenal.

But yes i completely agree, Spurs will certainly have to start spending more on the team this summer. There's only so long that Pochettino can perform miracles whilst the other top clubs buy £50m players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Apparently the stadium is costing close to 1 billion now. 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Totally agree. Many people are thinking that by having a massive stadium automatically brings in massive revenue. It does to an extent but it also costs a lot more to run and staff. For example, last November the electricity bill for white hart lane was more then the one for the entire season at the old ground.

On a side note, the single stand home end is awesome. Fill that with the right people and it will give spurs a 12th man.
    They’d be the 12th man for spurs up until the 75th minute and then when half of them start to leave early to avoid the station queues and the traffic they’d be the 12th man for the opposition 
  • Options
    agim said:
    It went over that figure a few months ago.....and it's still rising 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    agim said:
    Not bad for a stadium that was estimated to cost around 400m when it was first given the go ahead.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    agim said:
    Not bad for a stadium that was estimated to cost around 400m when it was first given the go ahead.
    TBF, this project started about 10 years ago and has changed so many times its outrageous.
  • Options
    Arsenal's stands are quite far back from the pitch though, but from what i've seen the Spurs ones are much tighter to the pitch, so this should give Spurs a much better atmosphere than at Arsenal.

Mate, if Arsenal's stands were on the pitch the atmosphere at that place would still be dismal!! 
  • Options
    "Mauricio Pochettino expects Tottenham to play their Champions League quarter-final home leg at their new stadium"
  • Options
    Not happening.  
  • Options

Been told by the Premier League they must either play in the new stadium for their next home game (7th/13th April) or stay at Wembley for the rest of the season.

• Options
    I've not had any emails from the club either way yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    May as well stay at Wembley now
  • Options

Been told by the Premier League they must either play in the new stadium for their next home game (7th/13th April) or stay at Wembley for the rest of the season.

Where are you quoting this from please?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/premier-league-gives-spurs-ultimatum-over-new-stadium-move-kjhcmwj6f

• Options
    Rothko said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/premier-league-gives-spurs-ultimatum-over-new-stadium-move-kjhcmwj6f

Ah ok, so from the press and not from the PL or Spurs.  No wonder I hadnt seen anything.  Ta
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Rothko said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Ah ok, so from the press and not from the PL or Spurs.  No wonder I hadnt seen anything.  Ta

Sorry JohnBoy, didn't mean to deliberately mislead you.

Just posted what I'd seen.

From the sounds of it Spurs hope to open the new stadium vs Brighton on the 7th and then play the Champions League quarter final (if at home) a few days later.

However, if Brighton beat Millwall that game would be postponed and Spurs don't want their first game to be a CL game so would likely play that at Wembley before Huddersfield in the league at the new ground on the 13th

Obviously hoping that Brighton indeed do beat Millwall, but would also like Spurs to get the quarter final at home. So hopefully they get drawn away in the first leg. That way they can play Huddersfield in the first game at the new stadium before the CL quarter final a few days later.

• Options
    I think they should just play all their remaining games this season at Wembley. As Neil Warnock said.....its not a level playing field - teams will want to beat them & become first team to win at the new White Hart lane.
  • Options
    But that would apply whenever Spurs move back home.
  • Options
    Surprised the press have said that today as Friday is D Day over here. UEFA, building control, PL and everyone else are having a walk around. 

I normally err on the side of caution but I am very confident of an interim safety cert being issued this week  
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    Surprised the press have said that today as Friday is D Day over here. UEFA, building control, PL and everyone else are having a walk around. 

I normally err on the side of caution but I am very confident of an interim safety cert being issued this week  
    Yes, thats what I was told by my mate who is on site.  UEFA want to make sure everything is ok before the 1/4 final draw next week and thats what we've all been led to believe.  It very much does hinge on Brighton's progress in the FA Cup it seems.  A close mate, who normally works for plod on a lot of London games said they've been told the opening game will be a weekend game and definitely not a midweek one purely down to Met resources.  So it'll be either Brighton or Huddersfield from what we know.  But then again, we were told it was Watford or Man Utd and look what happened there.  What will be will be.

Personally, I could be in a spot of bother.  My wife has been diagnosed with preeclamsia and we've been told to expect the baby 6-8 weeks earlier than original expected.  Due date has gone from 16th May back to 6/7th April (if we even get that far!) and the Brighton game is scheduled for 6th April.  Obviously Wife and Daughter comes first but bloody hell, the timing is impeccable.  Just have to hope the timings work out for me.