Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Spurs stadium not ready

Comments

• Quality goal to christen the new stadium with. 
  • edited March 2019
    A moment that young lad will never forget.
  • Looks a bit of a slope off the pitch towards the side , not as a fierce as Old Trafford 
  • I read they had to adjust the pitch somehow because the corners had a run up of about 16 inches before it sloped down.

• Nice Wembley shadow they have going there. 
  • It appears to be a really nice stadium. And now I am almost 100% sure that they will pull an Arsenal and underpay for good players with the excuse that they need to pay off the stadium for the next 20 years. I really believe they are peaking and will soon become a glorified West Ham when big clubs come for their best players. I put the odds of them winning a title in the next ten years at about 5%. 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    A Spurs fan told me that the pitch is too small by Champions League regs and as such spurs will have to continue playing those games at Wembley???
    I think he's having you on.
  • Looks a stunning stadium. A new build but with character. 
  • It appears to be a really nice stadium. And now I am almost 100% sure that they will pull an Arsenal and underpay for good players with the excuse that they need to pay off the stadium for the next 20 years. I really believe they are peaking and will soon become a glorified West Ham when big clubs come for their best players. I put the odds of them winning a title in the next ten years at about 5%. 
    5% ??...so you reckon they are going to improve then ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:
    A Spurs fan told me that the pitch is too small by Champions League regs and as such spurs will have to continue playing those games at Wembley???
    Not true

What is true though is that the ground isn't eligible for international matches (if England ever hold the World Cup again) as the area around the pitch isn't wide enough for FIFA? rules. Spurs didn't want to compromise the view from the stands  - if you look at the Emirates you can see the big gap behind the goal 

• edited March 2019
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Not true

What is true though is that the ground isn't eligible for international matches (if England ever hold the World Cup again) as the area around the pitch isn't wide enough for FIFA? rules. Spurs didn't want to compromise the view from the stands  - if you look at the Emirates you can see the big gap behind the goal 

Arsenal's response to move the goals to the perimeter is a novel idea.
    The fans will definitely see the goal action more clearly.
  • Sums up FIFA that they won't large gaps like that for flag wavers and what not. That gap is ridiculous. 
  • edited March 2019
    A couple of international games every how many years?...
    or the NFL London Franchise?  Hmmmm, I think we all know what makes the most money.  This is Daniel Levy we're talking about here!

• Quality goal to christen the new stadium with. 
    He’s no Colin Walsh though is he.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    A couple of international games every how many years?...
    or the NFL London Franchise?  Hmmmm, I think we all know what makes the most money.  This is Daniel Levy we're talking about here!

The NFL have already committed to two matches each year for 10 years. Levy is also desperate for the full franchise to be based there though. 
  • edited March 2019
    superb stadium, well worth the wait .. first cashless stadium .. BUT will Spurs now have  fallen into the same trap as Arsenal, i.e. the cost of the stadium leaves the cash pot empty to sign new players or keep the stars happy with regular pay rises .. we will see 

The thread title needs an update .. New Spurs Stadium NOW ready ((:>)
  • superb stadium, well worth the wait .. first cashless stadium .. BUT will Spurs now have  fallen into the same trap as Arsenal, i.e. the cost of the stadium leaves the cash pot empty to sign new players or keep the stars happy with regular pay rises .. we will see 

The thread title needs an update .. New Spurs Stadium NOW ready ((:>)
    They already have, 2 windows without a single signing. Levy putting all the tv money towards the spiralling stadium costs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Slightly OT, but just wanted to show everyone the stadium going up here in Cali for the Chargers/Rams. On schedule. Price? $2.6 billion. Eight levels. 82,000 expandable to 103,000. Total surface area is 100% larger than the new Spurs stadium. They are expecting sellouts for both clubs indefinitely. Almost a scary structure it is so big. 25 acres of car parking, 890,000 square feet of shopping space.

No decent looking pubs nearby though.
    What do you expect? It's the USA. 😉
  • Slightly OT, but just wanted to show everyone the stadium going up here in Cali for the Chargers/Rams. On schedule. Price? $2.6 billion. Eight levels. 82,000 expandable to 103,000. Total surface area is 100% larger than the new Spurs stadium. They are expecting sellouts for both clubs indefinitely. Almost a scary structure it is so big. 25 acres of car parking, 890,000 square feet of shopping space.

No decent looking pubs nearby though.
    What do you expect? It's the USA. 😉
    Terraced streets with a pub on each corner.
  • edited May 2019

Massively easier to build a new stadium on a vast empty site, indeed surprised it’s so expensive.
  • Impressive artwork of the completed Stadium when it is finished

https://www.chargers.com/photos/la-stadium-at-hollywood-park-renderings
  • edited September 2020
    FYI, this monster in LA is 98% done. The footprint can almost fit two Old Traffords. Cost is $6 billion, 4x the Spurs stadium. Seats up to 101,000 but right now they are limiting to 71,000 for 2021.
    This view shows the structure. You can see that the stadium, near the top is only about 1/2 of what is under the roof. The rest is a 15 story office complex, a mall and a hotel, which you can see at the bottom right.

This is a Google Earth view before the roof was put in. I added a drawing of the footprint on the Valley at the upper-right, for comparison.

And the interior, with the largest wrap around screen on Earth. This pic was taken earlier in the week. Five levels of seats. Gameday tickets run $200-700 per game, with its 200 suites running $15,000-40,000 per game. If not for Covid, apparently the season is a sell-out.

• Saw it on the new season of Hard Knocks, looks an incredible stadium. 
  • Still prefer the Valley