Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Spurs stadium not ready

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Rothko said:

Wembley need Spurs out asap, £2m floodlight upgrade is being delayed, and they want it in place for the FA Cup Final.

Are floodlights a necessity for a day game in May?

Personally think that following this debacle the Premier League and Football League need to change the rules to state that clubs need to confirm where they will be playing in the coming season and, excluding any unforeseen circumstances, they should remain there for the duration.
  • Options

Rothko said:

Wembley need Spurs out asap, £2m floodlight upgrade is being delayed, and they want it in place for the FA Cup Final.

Personally think that following this debacle the Premier League and Football League need to change the rules to state that clubs need to confirm where they will be playing in the coming season and, excluding any unforeseen circumstances, they should remain there for the duration.
    They are if you kick off at 17:30 which I think they’ve stated doing for FA Cup Finals
  • Options

Rothko said:

Could be as bear in mind the cup final is a 5.30pm kick off now isn’t it?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    se9addick said:

Rothko said:

They are if you kick off at 17:30 which I think they’ve stated doing for FA Cup Finals
    Fair point. Another reason why they should move it back to the traditional 15:00, but that's for a different discussion.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Rothko said:

Fair point. Another reason why they should move it back to the traditional 15:00, but that's for a different discussion.
    Absolutely, 17:30 is a piss take on the fans that are coming from other parts of the country.
  • Options
    FA Cup final is on May 18th, sunset is at 20:51, so unless the game runs for well over 3 hours the floodlights won't be needed. Even then, it's not as if the current ones aren't any good, they work perfectly well.
  • Options
    The current ones aren't great, they don't meet Premier League requirements for broadcasting for example. The Wembley pitch is in shadow for the most part of a match day, especially for a 5pm kick off, it's 50 % in shadow for a 3pm kick off, so their on for every game.
  • Options
    Is this upgrade installing these disco lights so it cranks up the atmosphere apparently.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Is this upgrade installing these disco lights so it cranks up the atmosphere apparently.

yep, funky LEDs like Spurs will have, and for the party people at Wolves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Email received.

Watford, Leicester, Newcastle and Dortmund all at Wembley.

FFS.

"We have now received a post-Christmas/New Year update from the contractors involved in the critical safety systems at our new stadium.

The past month has seen remedial works take place, software issues resolved and corrected safety equipment installations increase. Testing has also continued.

We are now liaising with the contractors and building control at Haringey Council to determine a schedule of commissioning, building test dates and building control sign-offs, along with formal test event dates.

Given the time required to deliver these and the test events, we can confirm that our Premier League matches against Watford (30 January), Newcastle United (2 February) and Leicester City (10 February) - and our Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund (13 February) - will take place at Wembley Stadium.

Should we continue to progress to the fifth round of the FA Cup and have a home draw, this too would be played at Wembley Stadium (weekend of 16/17 February).

Daniel Levy, Chairman said: “I should like to apologise to our fans and thank you for your continued patience. The response from those who attended the familiarisation event was great to hear and reinforced our commitment to deliver an exceptional matchday experience for everyone. We shall now seek clarity in respect of building test schedules and test event dates and provide further information on these in the next two to three weeks.”
    All Members contracted to the New Stadium will automatically receive a credit note equal to 1/28th* of your 2018/19 seasonal fee for each of the matches to be played at Wembley, 28 being the average number of games in all competitions over the past five seasons."

Shambles.

JohnBoy, they just said on the local news that the stadium won't be ready for 2 more months (unless I misheard).
    I reckon you'll do well to play there this season.
  • Options
    Is there any chance they can be docked points for this ;-)
  • Options
    Might as well just write this season off, do a test run for a pre season friendly then start there properly next season.
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Email received.

Watford, Leicester, Newcastle and Dortmund all at Wembley.

FFS.

"We have now received a post-Christmas/New Year update from the contractors involved in the critical safety systems at our new stadium.

The past month has seen remedial works take place, software issues resolved and corrected safety equipment installations increase. Testing has also continued.

We are now liaising with the contractors and building control at Haringey Council to determine a schedule of commissioning, building test dates and building control sign-offs, along with formal test event dates.

Given the time required to deliver these and the test events, we can confirm that our Premier League matches against Watford (30 January), Newcastle United (2 February) and Leicester City (10 February) - and our Champions League match against Borussia Dortmund (13 February) - will take place at Wembley Stadium.

Should we continue to progress to the fifth round of the FA Cup and have a home draw, this too would be played at Wembley Stadium (weekend of 16/17 February).

Daniel Levy, Chairman said: “I should like to apologise to our fans and thank you for your continued patience. The response from those who attended the familiarisation event was great to hear and reinforced our commitment to deliver an exceptional matchday experience for everyone. We shall now seek clarity in respect of building test schedules and test event dates and provide further information on these in the next two to three weeks.”
    All Members contracted to the New Stadium will automatically receive a credit note equal to 1/28th* of your 2018/19 seasonal fee for each of the matches to be played at Wembley, 28 being the average number of games in all competitions over the past five seasons."

Shambles.

Using the word shambles on a Charlton forum because your amazing new state of the art stadium is delayed again whilst you sit 3rd in the Premier league and still in all domestic and European cup competitions.

I wish our club were that much of a shambles!
    I'd me more concerned I supported a 'big' club who had not won the title since 1961.
  • Options
    went past the new stadium on the train last Saturday .. it's a stunning looking piece of work .. http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/
  • Options

Rothko said:

iaitch said:

I hate football fans.
    Is this going to be a hazard for epileptics?
  • Options
    I stayed over in London after the Walsall game and did a tour of Wembley the next day. The guy doing the tour was absolutely adamant that Spurs would remain at Wembley for the duration of this season.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Rothko said:

iaitch said:

I hate football fans.
    It would have passed some strict safety regulations to get built in this day and age. Bigger question is, what's the point?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iaitch said:

Rothko said:

iaitch said:

I hate football fans.
    It would have passed some strict safety regulations to get built in this day and age. Bigger question is, what's the point?!
    I doubt it would be safe for Epileptics

That video hurts my head and thats just a video(I am epileptic)

Watching a game they other day cant remember who it was but the players came out to a light show, I had to turn channel over until match began
  • Options

iaitch said:

Rothko said:

iaitch said:

I hate football fans.

Watching a game they other day cant remember who it was but the players came out to a light show, I had to turn channel over until match began
    Wolves v Liverpool

Dont blame you as absolutely nuts the way they were going on with those lights and pyrotechnics

Think a lot of people who arent epileptic would have struggled with that
  • Options
    Cut them some slack, it can’t be easy for the Principal Contractor to juggle Crossrail and the new WHL at the same time.
  • Options

iaitch said:

Rothko said:

iaitch said:

I hate football fans.

Something to do with your TV not being the same as the lights in the ground? But even if that was the case wouldn't the TV be illegal? Could flashing lights on a TV cause a fit or is it just a headache?

Questions are probably stupid but in this day and age of crazy health and safety it's bizarre that things are being sold that aren't safe, then again until recently blocks of flats were being covered in flammable cladding.

Back on topic apparently March will be the first game https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46807185 but not the Arsenal game as that could ruin the grand opening!
  • Options
    I thought Wolves' floodlights were superb.

Spurs stadium looks f**king amazing, like that single tier home end
  • Options
    The new
    Macronate said:

Cut them some slack, it can’t be easy for the Principal Contractor to juggle Crossrail and the new WHL at the same time.

The problem is that THFC are the principle contractor and Mace are only managing site.
  • Options

I thought Wolves' floodlights were superb.

Spurs stadium looks f**king amazing, like that single tier home end

It looks fantastic that. Interested to hear if it has a name yet.
  • Options
    Shite Hart Lane
  • Options
    Their stadium will probably have bog roll and everything 😞