Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Spurs stadium not ready

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    cafc999 said:
    Surprised the press have said that today as Friday is D Day over here. UEFA, building control, PL and everyone else are having a walk around. 

I normally err on the side of caution but I am very confident of an interim safety cert being issued this week  
    Yes, thats what I was told by my mate who is on site.  UEFA want to make sure everything is ok before the 1/4 final draw next week and thats what we've all been led to believe.  It very much does hinge on Brighton's progress in the FA Cup it seems.  A close mate, who normally works for plod on a lot of London games said they've been told the opening game will be a weekend game and definitely not a midweek one purely down to Met resources.  So it'll be either Brighton or Huddersfield from what we know.  But then again, we were told it was Watford or Man Utd and look what happened there.  What will be will be.

Personally, I could be in a spot of bother.  My wife has been diagnosed with preeclamsia and we've been told to expect the baby 6-8 weeks earlier than original expected.  Due date has gone from 16th May back to 6/7th April (if we even get that far!) and the Brighton game is scheduled for 6th April.  Obviously Wife and Daughter comes first but bloody hell, the timing is impeccable.  Just have to hope the timings work out for me.
    For your sake I hope your wife never sees this post
    She is well aware.  When we was speaking to the consultant, she said 'and I bet that clashes with the opening of WHL, doesnt it?'  If it does, it does.  Can't do anything about it!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    cafc999 said:
    Surprised the press have said that today as Friday is D Day over here. UEFA, building control, PL and everyone else are having a walk around. 

I normally err on the side of caution but I am very confident of an interim safety cert being issued this week  
    Yes, thats what I was told by my mate who is on site.  UEFA want to make sure everything is ok before the 1/4 final draw next week and thats what we've all been led to believe.  It very much does hinge on Brighton's progress in the FA Cup it seems.  A close mate, who normally works for plod on a lot of London games said they've been told the opening game will be a weekend game and definitely not a midweek one purely down to Met resources.  So it'll be either Brighton or Huddersfield from what we know.  But then again, we were told it was Watford or Man Utd and look what happened there.  What will be will be.

Personally, I could be in a spot of bother.  My wife has been diagnosed with preeclamsia and we've been told to expect the baby 6-8 weeks earlier than original expected.  Due date has gone from 16th May back to 6/7th April (if we even get that far!) and the Brighton game is scheduled for 6th April.  Obviously Wife and Daughter comes first but bloody hell, the timing is impeccable.  Just have to hope the timings work out for me.
    She is well aware.  When we was speaking to the consultant, she said 'and I bet that clashes with the opening of WHL, doesnt it?'  If it does, it does.  Can't do anything about it!
    Hope it all goes well for your wife mate.
    Thanks fella.  Stressful times at the moment, she's on twice-weekly monitoring at the moment and the docs have said they will leave the baby alone along as they can but we're in a state of limbo really.  I'm sure everything will be fine :)
  • Options
    Those under 18 players in the test game must be loving life right now
  • Options
    I know they wanna claim it is... but that is NOT a kop. It's clearly two separate levels.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant for those U18s getting to play in front of what i assume will be a sell out 30k
  • Options
    See Richard Keys jumped the gun with the Nike Stadium announcement.     
  • Options
    Got to admit, that really does look amazing.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    cafc999 said:

Thanks fella.  Stressful times at the moment, she's on twice-weekly monitoring at the moment and the docs have said they will leave the baby alone along as they can but we're in a state of limbo really.  I'm sure everything will be fine :)
    Any excuse not to ride your bike... 😏
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    cafc999 said:

Any excuse not to ride your bike... 😏
    That'll teach me to ride something other than my bike 😂
  • Options

Congratulations!! And congratulations!! But, I'm afraid this has got to be said - no offence but the stadium is far, far too late and with the greatest respect your lady wife is far, far too early. As our German Addicks are over at the moment perhaps I should send them round to advise on Basic Punctuality ....

• Options
    Sorry, only saw it yesterday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    cafc999 said:

Hope she gets on OK without you mate....

In all seriousness, hope everything goes well.
  • Options
    First test event today.
    U18 match vs Southampton @ 3pm
  • Options
    I know they wanna claim it is... but that is NOT a kop. It's clearly two separate levels.
    A kop is just a hill.

The first named "Kop" at a football ground was in Plumstead, South East London
  • Options
    Brilliant for those U18s getting to play in front of what i assume will be a sell out 30k
    They probably won't fully get the significance now, but in years to come I imagine they'll look back on the occasion with great pride.
  • Options
    A kop is just a hill.

Woolwich Arsenal though.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Addickted said:
    A kop is just a hill.

Woolwich Arsenal though.

Yes, but all real South East Londoners refused to follow the Rejects when they deserted the area and backed the true local team
  • Options
    Great way to score the first ever goal at the stadium. At least it wasn’t scrappy or an own goal or Southampton scoring. It’s nice to see a young player come inside and score a good goal.

Let’s hope Spurs smash Palace when they officially open and play their first game.