Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Spurs stadium not ready

Comments

• Also a nightmare to get to and from
  • It's lovely but in a boring way. New stadiums all look so similar.

At least they've tried on this one to do something different with the one giant stand on one end.

I love going to a ground with history. Something that has clearly been added to during the clubs rise in fortune, or left diminished due to their demise.
    Give me the covered end over the north stand any day of the week.
    As for Tottenhams new ground, rather Sheffield Wednesday to be honest.

At least they've tried on this one to do something different with the one giant stand on one end.

Agree, put red seats in and reminds me of Emirates.

I love going to a ground with history. Something that has clearly been added to during the clubs rise in fortune, or left diminished due to their demise.
    Give me the covered end over the north stand any day of the week.
    As for Tottenhams new ground, rather Sheffield Wednesday to be honest.
    TBF there are loads of little bits of history at the new ground like reclaimed bricks from the old shelf stand that have been made into a bar.
  • All too polished for me I'm afraid

3/4 very similar, but with the single tier end

Massively more complicated too with the sliding pitch so they can play NFL there as there.

I'd love a big clubs to have the balls to go for something different. Like Forest Green Rovers and the wooden stadium they were/are thinking of, or this one in Hungary:

Easier on a smaller stadium I appreciate.

Chelsea were a bit different with the one they shelved:

Thought the Chelsea one was back on.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2018
    So what’s that tag line all about ? ‘To dare is to do’ ???
  • It’s the English version of the Latin motto they had on their badge before changing it
    Audere Est Facere

I'd love a big clubs to have the balls to go for something different. Like Forest Green Rovers and the wooden stadium they were/are thinking of, or this one in Hungary:

Easier on a smaller stadium I appreciate.

Chelsea were a bit different with the one they shelved:

Thought the Chelsea one was back on.
    That Hungarian one is beautiful......cathedral like

• So what’s that tag line all about ? ‘To dare is to do’ ???

It’s ridiculous isn’t it?!

se9addick said:

So what’s that tag line all about ? ‘To dare is to do’ ???

It’s ridiculous isn’t it?!
    sort of needs another word...like ‘one’ ?
  • To dare is to do, or do not (in the case of Spurs)
  • To dare is to do Ron Ron...went there on a Saturday and its still not done, do do Ron Ron, do do Ron Ron...
  • MrOneLung said:

It’s the English version of the Latin motto they had on their badge before changing it
    Audere Est Facere

Good to see dumbing down isn’t restricted to the media.
  • MrOneLung said:

It’s the English version of the Latin motto they had on their badge before changing it
    Audere Est Facere

You can picture the meeting when that decision got taken...’it’s Latin, that’s Roman isn’t it ?, what have the Romans’ ever done for us ?...’
  • MrOneLung said:

Audere Est Facere

You can picture the meeting when that decision got taken...’it’s Latin, that’s Roman isn’t it ?, what have the Romans’ ever done for us ?...’
    Centurion: Now, write it out a hundred times.

Brian: Yes sir. Thank you, sir. Hail Caesar, sir.

Centurion: Hail Caesar ! And if it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your foreskin off.
  • Sponsored links:

Under Roland, ours should be "To sell is to not sell."
  • Why are their matches at Wembley, now capped at a 51k capacity?
  • Addickted said:

Why are their matches at Wembley, now capped at a 51k capacity?

Planning restrictions put in place by Brent Counci
  • Yes, email received to same effect, now I'm a ST holder again, all be it with a lovely padded seat this time round unlike when I was a kid.

Rumours are abound now that the first game will be Watford on 30th Jan.
    Pray to god that it wont be the Man Utd game on 13th Jan as I'll be out the country.
    Addickted said:

Have to say, the Inter game was only my 2nd game at Wembley this season as I've been staying away. The official capacity was 57k but it seemed a lot busier than that. We got out the ground fairly slowly and decided to go for a beer to let the rush die down before attempting to get a tube. Even after that beer, the police still had full holding pens on Wembley Way. Ridiculous.
  • Wembley Stadium is far better to get away quickly, than Wembley Park.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Yes, email received to same effect, now I'm a ST holder again, all be it with a lovely padded seat this time round unlike when I was a kid.

Rumours are abound now that the first game will be Watford on 30th Jan.
    Pray to god that it wont be the Man Utd game on 13th Jan as I'll be out the country.

Addickted said:

Have to say, the Inter game was only my 2nd game at Wembley this season as I've been staying away. The official capacity was 57k but it seemed a lot busier than that. We got out the ground fairly slowly and decided to go for a beer to let the rush die down before attempting to get a tube. Even after that beer, the police still had full holding pens on Wembley Way. Ridiculous.
    Come down to The Valley, there’s no problem getting away.
  • Unless we are at home to Millwall...