Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale v Charlton post-match thread | Sat 27 Oct 2018|

Obviously, not the result we were looking for. Unlucky, or unbearable?

Over to you.

Comments

• edited October 2018
    Top 2, yeah?
  • Boooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Thanks for the updates - ifollow kept crashing on me.
    Will Bowyer survive November or will it be Roland history repeating itself?
  • This feels like it's going to go on for ever.
  • One great game followed by two disappointing ones. Where has our mojo gone?
  • Well I guess a positive note we are only a couple of wins from being back in the hunt,Plenty of season left to clean up our act.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched on ifollow absolute pathetic performance. Rochdale closing everything down quickly yet we try and play it from the back everytime and putting ourselves under pressure. Shockingly shit short corners by Cullen. Everyone of them looked crap today.
  • Touch of the Robinson’s about that.

A system that has been figured out with a manager seeminlgly hopeful a change of personnel will do the trick, not helped by paid footballers being unable to pass or control a football.

It’s not just a bad day at the office, we just don’t have a winning mentality.
  • Thanks for the updates - ifollow kept crashing on me.
    Will Bowyer survive November or will it be Roland history repeating itself?

Why is Roland going to sack Bowyer and be forced to give compensation even if for a few months

Only way Bowyer will go is if he too resigns... I think he's got too much of a connection with the club to walk out on us though as he'll know what'll happen
  • That was just not good. I must admit. Starting to lose confidence in Bowyer. What a difference between Barnsley and this week. Why couldn't we just have built on that! Instead we've regressed. I believe we have the players but I don't think they're being managed well. That's my thoughts.
  • Regardless of the owner LB and the boys are doing a pretty s*** job.

Enbarrassing but sadly not a surprise.

Nothing will change until we get a new owner or get lucky with a manager.
  • bleeeurgh
  • I already want this season to end
  • Touch of the Robinson’s about that.

A system that has been figured out with a manager seeminlgly hopeful a change of personnel will do the trick, not helped by paid footballers being unable to pass or control a football.

It’s not just a bad day at the office, we just don’t have a winning mentality.

Disagree... Else how can you explain the performance against Barnsley or the comebacks against Plymouth and Wycombe etc. - Its the players who arent performing yet at the moment we seem to be in a rut; Bowyer will learn from this as he is inexperienced yet he needs to contact the likes of Curbishley and find out how to get out of it
  • Worrying performance. Yes we have weaknesses at the back with the injuries to Bauer and Page, and Bielik not being fit, but not scoring today is of more concern as other than Clarke, we are at full strength in attacking positions and should be a threat to any defence in this league
  • 1 win out of our last 6 league games 😫. I’m not going to panic yet, as we still have 31 league games to play this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stuck in this shitty league and stuck with the Shitweasel - that's one hell of a shit sandwich* for us all to be munching on for the foreseeable future......shit!!!!

*respect is due to the match-thread
  • Regardless of the owner LB and the boys are doing a pretty s*** job.

Enbarrassing but sadly not a surprise.

Nothing will change until we get a new owner or get lucky with a manager.

With Steer slowly improving you have to admit that Bowyer's signings havent been bad with all proving their worth at some stage this season

You then have to question what Bowyer could achieve in the Transfer Market if he was allowed to go and sign players that would leave Charlton in a strong position even when we have players out injured, rather than playing Right-Backs at Left-Back etc. - Before today there were questions about Bielik in Midfield and Pratley in Defence yet going by the second half you have to think that Bielik wasnt 100% so Bowyer understandbly didnt want to disrupt the defence by putting him in there when there was a good chance he would last the game
  • Seriously underperforming now. What’s gone wrong ? Squad looks at least good enough to be sixth. Mid table with this group of players is simply terrible. Inexperienced manager will need to find a way out of the hole we’re digging. Very disappointed.
  • 1 win out of our last 6 league games 😫. I’m not going to panic yet, as we still have 31 league games to play this season.

We can stay up. Don't panic!
  • Like many others I blame Jimmy's sandwich choice. He should have gone vegetarian...
  • Has Lyle Taylor missed 2 penalties for us this season?
  • edited October 2018

Bowyer seems to be doing a worse job than KR....

Very depressing.

Nope he isn't. His squad isn't better his first 11 is, though we're so unbalanced with injuries and youth.

We need to review what players we have and what formation best suits them.

At the moment Bowyer is doing a Robinson by playing 4 1 2 1 2 every week.

It's not working!
  • Agree that Bowyer is learning. I believe he's bright. Things aren't working at the moment though. Too many swings one way and the other for my liking. We just don't seem stable from one week to the next.
  • We’re underachieving. The squad isn’t brilliant but it’s better than 13th in league 1

8 points worse off than this time last season after 15 games