Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Dumbarton will always be the kings of Scottish football!

He knows, y’know :wink:
  • Showing themselves up in Europe as per, great to see.

Not really, it's not as if they lost to a team from Luxembourg.
    They may rip up their domestic division unchallenged but they're still a shocking side.
    Not really, how did they do in Europe last season?
    Your opinion.

Knocked out of Champions League before Christmas and lost their only Europa League tie thereafter, to answer your question. Rodgers has won 9% of his European group games. Dreadful.
    Not opinion, it's fact.

Finished third in their group so qualified for the UEFA cup. I wish Charlton were that "shocking".
    They beat
    Linfield
    Rosenberg
    Astana
    To qualify for champions league not exactly world beaters

Then got 3 points in group v Anderlecht, went into Europa League and got knocked out straigh away to Zenith.

Your comment about wishing Charlton were that shocking is stupid, its not about us, celtic fans act like they are a fantastic team, but yet they struggle when up against a half decent team IE Anderlecht or Zenith.

Last night they were home to AEK who had 10 men for over 30 mimutes and could only draw
    Odd that you didn't mention the two other teams they played.

They finished third behind PSG and Bayern. Shocking!

We are now quality because we finished two divisions below Man City.
  • Showing themselves up in Europe as per, great to see.

Not really, it's not as if they lost to a team from Luxembourg.
    They may rip up their domestic division unchallenged but they're still a shocking side.
    Not really, how did they do in Europe last season?
    Your opinion.

Knocked out of Champions League before Christmas and lost their only Europa League tie thereafter, to answer your question. Rodgers has won 9% of his European group games. Dreadful.
    Not opinion, it's fact.

Finished third in their group so qualified for the UEFA cup. I wish Charlton were that "shocking".
    They beat
    Linfield
    Rosenberg
    Astana
    To qualify for champions league not exactly world beaters

Then got 3 points in group v Anderlecht, went into Europa League and got knocked out straigh away to Zenith.

Your comment about wishing Charlton were that shocking is stupid, its not about us, celtic fans act like they are a fantastic team, but yet they struggle when up against a half decent team IE Anderlecht or Zenith.

Last night they were home to AEK who had 10 men for over 30 mimutes and could only draw
    Odd that you didn't mention the two other teams they played.

They finished third behind PSG and Bayern. Shocking!

We are now quality because we finished two divisions below Man City.
    We finished below Shrewsbury and Rotherham so similar : - )
  • Will we ever see a non Old Firm winner of the Scottish league again? It must be really dull to be a supporter of Scottish football with the only real interest seeing who will come second. Would love to see Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen make a decent challenge this year.

And Cowdenbeath
  • And they're scum.

And rangers are....
  • And they're scum.

And rangers are....
    Whilst I hate them both for monopolising Scottish football with their bigotry and bollox, I don’t think you can argue that Celtic are not a anti British, pro IRA club
  • Fact is they qualified for the group stage and finished third in that group.

Your hatred of Celtic is colouring your views. If Rangers do the same this season Gerald will be hailed as a genius.

That would be because of how shit Rangers were last season. Would be a miraculous turn around.
    Wait and see, saw these cheats a few years ago against the mighty cowden, finish 0-0 cos they were ceremoniously dumped to the lowest league for cheating. Amazingly they were allowed to keep their dis honours won during that period, although they cheated.
  • Fact is they qualified for the group stage and finished third in that group.

Your hatred of Celtic is colouring your views. If Rangers do the same this season Gerald will be hailed as a genius.

Well said... Manchester is still paying for the last time these cowards visited.
  • And they're scum.

And rangers are....
    Whilst I hate them both for monopolising Scottish football with their bigotry and bollox, I don’t think you can argue that Celtic are not a anti British, pro IRA club
    Indeed lived their for 6 years, in the 80's. I got more anti English shit from them than I did collectively from anyone else...why I hate them so much..sad that the Dartford living supporters of those twats that have never been to Scotland let alone ibrox (as I have) still post their bollocks here.
  • It’s the fact they all have to play each 400 times a season and their league cup final is in October that makes the whole league a minority interest sport

If we give the SPL that much airtime down here, we might as well do the same for the League of Wales. Or, better still, give the SPL the same amount of air time the League of Wales gets. The results read out at final score, that’s it.

• Sponsored links:

• And they're scum.

And rangers are....
    I’ve got zero allegiance to Rangers, but the shit I see from Celtic fans on social media they are a different breed. Freaks on a higher scale than Millwall and a Palace.
  • And they're scum.

And rangers are....
    Yes, I think that John Reid, former British Home Secretary and now Chairman of Celtic, should definitely stop those pro-IRA pieces he regularly writes in the match day program.

Celtic obviously have a section of fans that get off on all of the IRA crap but to say the whole club is anti British and especially pro IRA is ridiculous and says more about the person making those claims than anything else.

If I recall correctly the person who called Celtic “scum” also said on here previously that he “hates the Irish” so I think you can probably make your own mind up from there.

• cabbles said:

It’s the fact they all have to play each 400 times a season and their league cup final is in October that makes the whole league a minority interest sport

If we give the SPL that much airtime down here, we might as well do the same for the League of Wales. Or, better still, give the SPL the same amount of air time the League of Wales gets. The results read out at final score, that’s it.

Don't look at the results then... Simple
  • And they're scum.

And rangers are....
    I’ve got zero allegiance to Rangers, but the shit I see from Celtic fans on social media they are a different breed. Freaks on a higher scale than Millwall and a Palace.
    You always seem to have an anti celtic opinion though... And pull the other one..
  • And they're scum.

And rangers are....
    You always seem to have an anti celtic opinion though... And pull the other one..
    I also have an anti Millwall opinion, why’s it any different?
  • And they're scum.

And rangers are....
    Yes, I think that John Reid, former British Home Secretary and now Chairman of Celtic, should definitely stop those pro-IRA pieces he regularly writes in the match day program.

Celtic obviously have a section of fans that get off on all of the IRA crap but to say the whole club is anti British and especially pro IRA is ridiculous and says more about the person making those claims than anything else.

If I recall correctly the person who called Celtic “scum” also said on here previously that he “hates the Irish” so I think you can probably make your own mind up from there.

Well that’s something I’d apologise to say, but I don’t think I’ve ever said it. Be interested in you providing a quote otherwise it’s a complete lie.
  • No! Everything in life must be black and white!!!
  • No! Everything in life must be black and white!!!

Or in this case green and blue!
  • And they're scum.

And rangers are....
    I also have an anti Millwall opinion, why’s it any different?
    I think it’s beer and curry night at Wetherspoons mate, don’t mind chippy :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• And they're scum.

And rangers are....
    The queens 11

God save the queen
  • And they're scum.

And rangers are....
    Indeed lived their for 6 years, in the 80's. I got more anti English shit from them than I did collectively from anyone else...why I hate them so much..sad that the Dartford living supporters of those twats that have never been to Scotland let alone ibrox (as I have) still post their bollocks here.
    Some Dartford living supporters have been to ibrox many times, testimonial games in England, as well as running a London based supporters club.
    Both clubs have their fair share of troglodytes (I banned one from our supporters club for verbally abusing an Irish OAP in our pub)
  • edited August 2018
    Both clubs have huge amounts of fans that latch onto the anti British/anti catholic banter, was at a wedding in Donegal the other week and the 2nd night was a drink up in a local a “rebel” band was on and apart from 3 blokes everyone supported Celtic must of been nigh on 50 blokes singing rifles of the ira and come out you Black and Tans, was I offended of course not to me it’s banter - did they want to hurt me of course not they were just singing songs associated with there club.

Actively booing through a minutes silence however and singing about terrorist victims is scummy.

You had the ira fuckers aswell as loyalist fuckers, hopefully we won’t see that sort of carry on in the future.
  • And they're scum.

And rangers are....
    I don’t understand how people

And they're scum.

And rangers are....

having seen Celtic at both Tynecasle and Celtic Park, they fucking revel in the pro IRA bollox.

• I find it funny how quick people are jumping on a bad result against the Greek champions. This is against the champions of 14th best ranked league in Europe. Scotland currently is 23rd. This is what they have to contend with people wanting to jump on their case straight away (Scottish league in general). Again like Henry touched on, in the Champions league they lost to champions of Germany (4th best league) and France (5th) they better the results of the Belgium champions (9th) before going out in the Europa league to Russia's(6th) 3rd best team and also beat them in one of the legs so I don't think there is too much shame in what they've been achieving. The fact that the like of Celtic and AEK have had to go through so many qualifiers whilst 4th place teams go straight in even though they have no history in Europe is pathetic. I'm not saying they should be going into the groups but the way things are working is just like the Premier league, Uefa are ensuring the teams from successful (Rich leagues) continue to get richer, as Group stages of Champions league is where teams from lesser countries earn their main income bit like the massive parachute payments given to relegated teams ensuring they have the best possible resources to go straight back up.

Also on the other points raised, having lived in Glasgow and gone to numerous S hole Celtic pubs, I can honestly say I have never had any trouble speaking in a broad South London (English) accent and likewise living close to Ibrox I have never had issues with Rangers supporters, however right now I'm not sure people liking Rangers on this page can take the moral high ground with the incidents of 2 Croatians being stabbed, fighting with Wigan supporters and other incidents involving a small minority of their supporters.
  • Get it up ye
  • lost 1-0 to hearts haha
  • Love watching Celtic lose
  • lost 1-0 to hearts haha

By coincidence, I was just going to ask if anyone knew how ‘the jam tarts’ got on today :wink:

• Wonder if paddy power will pay out now on a Hearts title win