Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options

Just trying to think of the last non Old Firm team to win the league up there?

Aberdeen in the 80s?

Yup. Aberdeen 84/85 season was the last time
    Right, thanks.

Only 33 seasons back, all good there then!
  • Options
    Hahaha
  • Options
    I was brought up watching Kilmarnock all those years ago. I admit to a punch of the air just then.
  • Options

Dropped points for Hearts yesterday so surely Celtic will win today to close the gap. I have absolutely no affiliation with Hearts or any real interest in Scottish football to be honest but would love to see them win it. Not going to happen though I'm sure!

Or not
  • Options
    Lets all laugh at Celtc
    Lets all laugh at Celtic
    La la la la
  • Options
    Up the Killy hahaha
  • Options
    What a fantastic result - great to see the league table looking a bit different for a change
  • Options
  • Options

Don’t, fucking goal difference!
  • Options

Was living there then. We had Carlisle away that last day, Hearts had Dundee and was coming back through Edinburgh, when i saw thousands of Hearts fans getting off coaches devastated. Well done killie.... I am sure they wont use the Europa cup in midweek though as an excuse, unlike the tax dodgers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Celtic are now below Rangers in the league.
  • Options

Was living there then. We had Carlisle away that last day, Hearts had Dundee and was coming back through Edinburgh, when i saw thousands of Hearts fans getting off coaches devastated. Well done killie.... I am sure they wont use the Europa cup in midweek though as an excuse, unlike the tax dodgers.
    And rightly so.

They have a wage budget over THIRTEEN times that of Kilmarnock. And they played at home in the Europa league in midweek. So they had to travel around 25 miles for their 2 games.

A bit of difference to playing away in Russia with 9 men on the thursday, then having to play away to the champions on Sunday lunchtime.

As you were.
    Indeed as i said well done killie... No lame excuses.... As you were. .
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Far too early yet but surely this year seems to already be the most likely time we could see a non Old Firm winner since Aberdeen in the early 80s. Hearts need to keep the momentum and hopefully it coincides with Celtic having a crap season and, who knows, it could turn out like Leicester winning the English league when it all came together for them. Could it happen for Hearts?
  • Options
    Pleased for Alex Dyer
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Thought I'd ask on here to save opening a new thread. There's obviously some knowledgeable people on here that know a bit about Scottish football. I have a question, do the club's in Scotland still have 10 mins. for half-time,as their results always seem to come through before the English ones?
  • Options

Thought I'd ask on here to save opening a new thread. There's obviously some knowledgeable people on here that know a bit about Scottish football. I have a question, so the club's in Scotland still have 10 mins. For half-tlme,as their results always seem to come through before the English ones?

No it's because they are so close to the north pole that it warps the space/time continuum.

I'll get me coat.
  • Options

Thought I'd ask on here to save opening a new thread. There's obviously some knowledgeable people on here that know a bit about Scottish football. I have a question, do the club's in Scotland still have 10 mins. for half-time,as their results always seem to come through before the English ones?

Apart from Cowdenbeath, when they are winning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thought I'd ask on here to save opening a new thread. There's obviously some knowledgeable people on here that know a bit about Scottish football. I have a question, so the club's in Scotland still have 10 mins. For half-tlme,as their results always seem to come through before the English ones?

I don't know the answer for that mate.

What I do know is that at Charlton we fuck about so much before kick-off that we nearly always kick off about five past three.
    Hence we are always the last game to finish.
    Pisses me right off.
    The amount of times the second half kicks off about 16.10 is ridiculous.
  • Options

Far too early yet but surely this year seems to already be the most likely time we could see a non Old Firm winner since Aberdeen in the early 80s. Hearts need to keep the momentum and hopefully it coincides with Celtic having a crap season and, who knows, it could turn out like Leicester winning the English league when it all came together for them. Could it happen for Hearts?

Aberdeen have looked like challengers early on in recent years but by December normal service has resumed and Celtic are 10 points clear. As a Rangers fan I’d obviously love it to be different this year, but I highly doubt it.
  • Options
    Celtic are still the best team in Scotland, but the gap is closing. Rangers, Hearts and Hibs are closing the gap. Aberdeen have had a great few seasons, but I can't see them finishing 2nd this year.

Scottish football kicked Rangers out of the league at the worst possible time. I won't get in to the rights or wrongs of it all, but that decision meant that all the tv money went to the English Premiership. Scottish football is therefore playing a huge game of catch up.

Over the last few seasons Brendan Rodgers being at Celtic, Neil Lennon at Hibs and the job Derek Mcinness? has done at Aberdeen has raised Scottish football's profile.

The job Steven Gerrard is doing at Rangers is putting Rangers back on the map and doing Scottish football no harm.

Steve Clark at Killie and Craig Levein at Hearts have also done extraordinary jobs. Craig Levein in particular is bringing through the youth.

Celtic will probably win the league again this season but my goodness it will be a lot closer.
  • Options
    My father in law, sister in law and nephews were there that day. They are all Hibs supporters.

A few weeks later me, my wife, son and father in law were in the trophy room at Ibrox with a very senior member of staff from Rangers. My father in law, then aged 82 said to the Rangers member of staff, ' There's something missing' to which the reply was, ' What's that Ian?'

My father in law enjoyed saying, ' you've no Scottish Cup.'

Was funny at the time!!
  • Options
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    In a bar in Wetherby and they have a real ale called livingstone. It has just gone down well.
  • Options

No updates on this weekends games?

: - )

Sorry celtic are 6th and 6 points behind league leaders