Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• TelMc32 said:

Definitely. Think it was 5-0 and 4-0 the last 2 games.

Gerrard has improved Rangers a huge amount in a short space of time. Celtic narrowly beating them at home, after Rangers travelled back from Russia on thursday having played a lot of the game with 9 men.

Well a couple would have a good rest then..... Plus their professionals and should be fit. Never buy into this we are tired cos we played midweek. Too many clubs and supporters use this as an excuse. Including us.
    I agree the whole tired after midweek excuse is overplayed but if one team play at home on a Wednesday while the other team play the following day in Russia there must be some difference in recovery.
    They both played Thursday, with Rangers kicking off at 3pm. They were halfway home before Celtic kicked off.

Only 1-0 today, but Celtic totally dominated until Rangers put a bit of effort in at the end. McGregor and the crossbar, 3 times, keeping them in the game until then.

Definitely an element of Rangers improving & Celtic slipping, but still a big gulf when it mattered.
    Gerrard's post match interview also blamed the ref for the defeat, but forgot to mention in the 6th minute McGregor kicking out at Ajer, that should have been a sending off and a penalty...Someone needs to remind him, he isn't at Liverpool now.
  • TelMc32 said:

Gerrard has improved Rangers a huge amount in a short space of time. Celtic narrowly beating them at home, after Rangers travelled back from Russia on thursday having played a lot of the game with 9 men.

Well a couple would have a good rest then..... Plus their professionals and should be fit. Never buy into this we are tired cos we played midweek. Too many clubs and supporters use this as an excuse. Including us.
    I agree the whole tired after midweek excuse is overplayed but if one team play at home on a Wednesday while the other team play the following day in Russia there must be some difference in recovery.
    They both played Thursday, with Rangers kicking off at 3pm. They were halfway home before Celtic kicked off.

Only 1-0 today, but Celtic totally dominated until Rangers put a bit of effort in at the end. McGregor and the crossbar, 3 times, keeping them in the game until then.

Definitely an element of Rangers improving & Celtic slipping, but still a big gulf when it mattered.
    and its Rangers worse start to a season in 29 years so think pressure will be on Gerrard to pick up maximum points in his next few games.
  • The Rangers fans love him. One defeat in 13 means he is fine, although there is always pressure and expectation in a job like that.

A number of Rangers fans are deluded and think they have a right to win every game. Rangers are much improved, but have so much ground to make up following seasons of horrendous recruitment both on and off the pitch.

Celtic strolled it yesterday and totally dominated.

Rangers are now a much better side than they showed yesterday but are still a work in progress.
  • We have an engineer who lives in herne bay and travels 130 miles each way every day. Sets off at 4am gets home about 8pm. He has dinner and goes to bed at 9...This guy is as fit as any athlete i have seen. Ask him to only work two days a week.

What does that have to do with anything?

TelMc32 said:

and its Rangers worse start to a season in 29 years so think pressure will be on Gerrard to pick up maximum points in his next few games.
    Absolute nonsense. The guy is as safe as anything.

Got them through 4 rounds of the Europa league to the group stages, got them through a tricky away tie in the cup and is 4 points behind Celtic after playing 3 of their 4 first league games away, 2 of them at Celtic and Aberdeen, and should actually have more points as they conceded late equalisers in 2 games.

He's improved them a lot in a short space of time.
  • I think Hearts are champions already by the looks of things !
  • We have an engineer who lives in herne bay and travels 130 miles each way every day. Sets off at 4am gets home about 8pm. He has dinner and goes to bed at 9...This guy is as fit as any athlete i have seen. Ask him to only work two days a week.

TelMc32 said:

Got them through 4 rounds of the Europa league to the group stages, got them through a tricky away tie in the cup and is 4 points behind Celtic after playing 3 of their 4 first league games away, 2 of them at Celtic and Aberdeen, and should actually have more points as they conceded late equalisers in 2 games.

The Sports Medical Journal, Aspetar, suggests that a top flight footballers performance can be effected if appropriate rest and recovery isn't taken for up 72 hours after a game, however Del the gas engineer says bollocks to that cos he can fit a boiler and drive 260 miles in a Ford Transit.

The gas fitter a false comparison, the actual impact is relative.

The Rangers players are still fit and more alert than the gas fitter. But they are not playing Gas Fitter FC

They are playing another team of professionals.

Those professionals are also fit but had a slightly less arduous mid-week schedule so that might give them a slight edge, maybe just 2% sharper, 2% more able to play at full tilt for 90+ minutes and that 2% could be the difference between making a tackle or a block or reaching a through ball.

In this case Celtic were much the better team and hit the woodwork four or five times so it was most likely not the reason Rangers lost.

But the point stands, it is relative fitness against the opposition team, caused by games and travel, not fitness compared to an ordinary working man or woman.
  • The general argument about tiredness and midweek games annoys me.

When there is a midweek domestic program of games (say on a Tuesday and Wednesday) - the team playing on Wednesday complains that they have less recovery time for the following weekend game - but never comment on how they had more recovery time for the Wednesday game compared to the teams that played the day before.
  • The general argument about tiredness and midweek games annoys me.

When there is a midweek domestic program of games (say on a Tuesday and Wednesday) - the team playing on Wednesday complains that they have less recovery time for the following weekend game - but never comment on how they had more recovery time for the Wednesday game compared to the teams that played the day before.

But the team they play will also play on Wednesday : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• would like to see the jambos do it this year to mix things up a bit

TelMc32 said:

I'm not saying pressure as in his job being under threat. If results don't go there way they could potentially be about 7 points behind already and that wouldn't be a great sign of progress. The point I was making is the start is not as great as the media are implying, they have shown signs of improvement but currently 7 points behind Hearts a team which they should almost certainly finish above. He done well to get them through in Europe but that could also have an effect on their league form as their squad isn't very deep. He also needs to address the discipline as they have had quite a lot of red cards and should have had another one yesterday. On yesterday's game, Celtic were totally dominant in everything but the score line.
  • I think Gerard will be fine. He's a draw for players and I have no doubt he will continue to improve his team. Discipline is an issue though. McGregor should probably have gone, Morelos has definitely got a problem when things don't go his way and Lafferty seems to me to have been more effective against Celtic when not at Rangers. Always seems to leave his brain cell in the changing room when he's in these games. Plenty of effort, but also a little lucky with potential cards yesterday.

Could be a lot tighter this season. Seems to have been one club who challenge Celtic recently and maybe it is Hearts this year, Celtic obviously not all rosy at the moment, with the loss of Dembele at the last minute and a lack of signings. Souness called it in an interview before the game. They need each other to be strong to push themselves further. If Rangers had been seen as more of a threat, it's almost certain Celtic would have done more business to improve their squad. Not sanction the sale of Dembele, with no replacement.

TelMc32 said:

Read the previous posts and you will easily understand. .

TelMc32 said:

The Sports Medical Journal, Aspetar, suggests that a top flight footballers performance can be effected if appropriate rest and recovery isn't taken for up 72 hours after a game, however Del the gas engineer says bollocks to that cos he can fit a boiler and drive 260 miles in a Ford Transit.
    Lol rattled...and his name is Mick and he is a mechanical engineer...hope you enjoyed the game...as I did.

TelMc32 said:

Lol rattled...and his name is Mick and he is a mechanical engineer...hope you enjoyed the game...as I did.
    Yeah I’m very happy with a 2-1 away at Southend
  • edited September 2018
    This is great I started a thread elsewhere yesterday hailing Celtics win got accused of being an IRA member scum and anti british ! So safe to say I am no longer a member of that forum! Up the ADDICKS hail hail the bhoys in green.
  • edited September 2018
    jondon76 said:

This is great I started a thread elsewhere hailing Celtics win got accused of being an IRA member scum and anti british ! So safe to say I am no longer a member of that forum! Up the ADDICKS hail hail the bhoys in green.

Who by I wonder...
  • jondon76 said:

jondon76 said:

jondon76 said:

This is great I started a thread on ITTV yesterday hailing Celtics win got accused of being an IRA member scum and anti british ! So safe to say I am no longer a member of that forum! Up the ADDICKS hail hail the bhoys in green.

Who by I wonder...
    Some ignorant dickhead calls himself Royston Vasey!
    Mind you he wasn't the only one.
    Pretty much what i witnessed on a daily basis when i lived up there.
  • Hearts opened up a five point lead on Celtic today. Could this be the year of a new Scottish champion? Really hope so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Another win in Europe tonight
  • Another win in Europe tonight

Another?

Their first European group stage win in 11 games.
  • Gerrard's record in Europe.
  • Hopefully another win for Hearts today to keep the dream alive!
  • Hopefully another win for Hearts today to keep the dream alive!

Tough one today. Livi are flying!
    Chaz Hill said:

Hopefully another win for Hearts today to keep the dream alive!

Tough one today. Livi are flying!
    Naismith missed a penalty in the first half
  • Dropped points for Hearts yesterday so surely Celtic will win today to close the gap. I have absolutely no affiliation with Hearts or any real interest in Scottish football to be honest but would love to see them win it. Not going to happen though I'm sure!
  • Just trying to think of the last non Old Firm team to win the league up there?

Aberdeen in the 80s?
  • Just trying to think of the last non Old Firm team to win the league up there?

Aberdeen in the 80s?

Yup. Aberdeen 84/85 season was the last time