Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    So rattled keep going
  • Options

So rattled keep going

Lol indeed....
  • Options
    Currently drawing 1-1 still expect them to win but 72% possesion and struggling to break down Suduva Marijampole from Lithuania
  • Options
    Drew 1-1 in the end.

Should win the 2nd leg at home, but for a team whose fans claim to be 1 of the biggest in Europe a draw to some Lithuanian team isnt great
  • Options

Drew 1-1 in the end.

Should win the 2nd leg at home, but for a team whose fans claim to be 1 of the biggest in Europe a draw to some Lithuanian team isnt great

Don't think any Celtic fans claim that despite being previous European Cup winners but haters gonna hate.
  • Options

Drew 1-1 in the end.

Don't think any Celtic fans claim that despite being previous European Cup winners but haters gonna hate.
    As I said before I was listening to talksport before the Champions League game and they did a special asking for Celtic fans to call up, and loads did claiming they are 1 of the best teams in europe, and that if they were in the EPL they would challenge for the title
    Oh, talksport, must be true.
  • Options

Drew 1-1 in the end.

As I said before I was listening to talksport before the Champions League game and they did a special asking for Celtic fans to call up, and loads did claiming they are 1 of the best teams in europe, and that if they were in the EPL they would challenge for the title
    Fans calling in
    Not something presenters have said

• Options
    edited August 2018

Drew 1-1 in the end.

Fans calling in
    Not something presenters have said

They don't put callers on who are happy or people who are happy don't call in. That is why there is Moron's in this world that actually believe the majority of us wanted Curbs out because of the clowns that called that and other stations to vent their stupidity. Also in my opinion the size of the club is just not defined by current team and success. Celtic and Rangers both have fan bases world wide which only 4 or 5 teams in England could probably compete with. That may change in 10 year times with clubs like City and Chelsea buying success now leading to them becoming a bigger brand.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Early days yet but good to see Hearts top. Really hope they can stay there - would be brilliant for Scottish football.
  • Options
    Imagine doing that to one of your own players. Sums up that pondlife fanbase
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Have you seen the backstory.

He refused to play for them, claiming to be injured when Celtic rejected a bid from Fulham.
  • Options

Croydon said:

He refused to play for them, claiming to be injured when Celtic rejected a bid from Fulham.
    And the game he went on strike for was the crucial champions league game away to AEK Athens. If he'd played they might have gone through so Celtic fans being pissed off is fairly understandable.
  • Options
    Might have, could have, should have.

Didn't.
  • Options

Croydon said:

Fair, I didn't realise he'd actually missed a game. Though I still stand by my pondlife comment.
  • Options
    It does show that Rangers are bridging the gap.
  • Options

It does show that Rangers are bridging the gap.

Agreed but Celtic's standards have dropped considerably. Desire doesn't seem to be there this year. But when you tank them home and away for the last few years must get a bit monotonous.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely. Think it was 5-0 and 4-0 the last 2 games.

Gerrard has improved Rangers a huge amount in a short space of time. Celtic narrowly beating them at home, after Rangers travelled back from Russia on thursday having played a lot of the game with 9 men.
  • Options

Gerrard has improved Rangers a huge amount in a short space of time. Celtic narrowly beating them at home, after Rangers travelled back from Russia on thursday having played a lot of the game with 9 men.

Well a couple would have a good rest then..... Plus their professionals and should be fit. Never buy into this we are tired cos we played midweek. Too many clubs and supporters use this as an excuse. Including us.
  • Options

Well a couple would have a good rest then..... Plus their professionals and should be fit. Never buy into this we are tired cos we played midweek. Too many clubs and supporters use this as an excuse. Including us.
    I agree the whole tired after midweek excuse is overplayed but if one team play at home on a Wednesday while the other team play the following day in Russia there must be some difference in recovery.
  • Options

I'm not saying they're not fit, but if they played in Russia on thursday, that's a good 7-8 hour flight away and they won't have got back to Glasgow until the early hours of friday. That sort of travelling along with playing 2 games in less than 65-70 hours can't be conducive to playing your best.
  • Options

I'm not saying they're not fit, but if they played in Russia on thursday, that's a good 7-8 hour flight away and they won't have got back to Glasgow until the early hours of friday. That sort of travelling along with playing 2 games in less than 65-70 hours can't be conducive to playing your best.
    Its an excuse that football fans use when it suits... Most people do a lot of hours including travelling time for 5/6/7 days a week and just get on with it. Same excuse clubs used for reducing the premiership, then they clear off round the world playing games instead of resting.
  • Options

Totally agree with you.
    It's a bit like when people use the excuse that Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday is three games a week.
    No it isn't it's two games a week and if a modern professional footballer cannot cope with that then he isn't fit enough.
  • Options

Its an excuse that football fans use when it suits... Most people do a lot of hours including travelling time for 5/6/7 days a week and just get on with it. Same excuse clubs used for reducing the premiership, then they clear off round the world playing games instead of resting.

And in fairness, it's not like they' be roughing it in economy on an Easyjet flight like the majority of us..
  • Options

Agree with you in general, but I think in this specific example it’s not unreasonable to think it would have an impact.
  • Options
    We have an engineer who lives in herne bay and travels 130 miles each way every day. Sets off at 4am gets home about 8pm. He has dinner and goes to bed at 9...This guy is as fit as any athlete i have seen. Ask him to only work two days a week.
  • Options

I agree the whole tired after midweek excuse is overplayed but if one team play at home on a Wednesday while the other team play the following day in Russia there must be some difference in recovery.
    They both played Thursday, with Rangers kicking off at 3pm. They were halfway home before Celtic kicked off.

Only 1-0 today, but Celtic totally dominated until Rangers put a bit of effort in at the end. McGregor and the crossbar, 3 times, keeping them in the game until then.

Definitely an element of Rangers improving & Celtic slipping, but still a big gulf when it mattered.