Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Is Colbrelli still in?
  • Is Colbrelli still in?

Havent seen his name in the withdrawals
  • this ride by Bernal is really impressive for a rookie, dragging G and Froome up Alpe D'Huez

hopefully this will see him in white tomorrow
  • G again
  • brilliant to see 4 riders of that quality going for it and G is just phenomenal
  • Shame the French were booing as he crossed the line... Respect the goddamn jersey if not the man or team
  • Crowds are mad - always looks dangerous.

Sky have to decide on there No1.
  • The way Geraint is talking here, the team owe him the lead of the team at the Vuelta unless Froome is crazy enough to ride that one too - Really loyal team mate
  • What a great stage ... really enjoyed that.
  • The way Geraint is talking here, the team owe him the lead of the team at the Vuelta unless Froome is crazy enough to ride that one too - Really loyal team mate

Froome intimated a coupile of days ago he may go for the Vuelta. Amazing and unexpected.
  • Sponsored links:

• Crowds are mad - always looks dangerous.

Sky have to decide on there No1.

With the hostile French crowds I'm just waiting for a Sky rider to be taken out given the lack of crowd control.
  • stonemuse said:

The way Geraint is talking here, the team owe him the lead of the team at the Vuelta unless Froome is crazy enough to ride that one too - Really loyal team mate

Froome intimated a coupile of days ago he may go for the Vuelta. Amazing and unexpected.
    Nah really wont surprise me... Have expected it since he said that he'd go for the Giro - Suspect he wants to be the first man to win all three in the same year
  • Also that sprint from Geraint when he went wide into the corner - Bet thats from his track days

When G says Froome is definitely still the leader.

• Great stage and ride from GT again. Difficult to see how Froome can still be No.1 but it's a team sport and still a while to go.
  • I was surprised to hear that no one has ever won on Alpe D'Huez in yellow before
  • rina said:

I was surprised to hear that no one has ever won on Alpe D'Huez in yellow before

Yeah that surprises me... First Brit to win up there too
  • First person since he who should not be named to win consecutive summit finishes.
  • edited July 2018
    I see locals are still throwing piss at Froome.
  • I see locals are still throwing piss at Froome.

Very classy.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018

See the fucking idiot try to pull Froome off his bike just before bend 8? We were right next to him and almost had a punch up with him afterwards. Fat prick.

It wasn’t that clear on tv so I assumed I got it wrong ... obviously not. Hope he got his come-uppance.

Loads of piss being thrown too ... total tossers and cannot consider themselves cycling fans.
  • stonemuse said:

What a great stage ... really enjoyed that.

Agree. Avoided finding out how this had gone during the day, as expected a good stage, highlights didn’t disappoint
  • Is this similar to when Froome was supporting Wiggins and he could have won it himself but was reined back in.
  • MrOneLung said:

Is this similar to when Froome was supporting Wiggins and he could have won it himself but was reined back in.

Got a feeling the opposite will happen here so long as Thomas keeps up, moment he loses the Jersey to Froome that'll be it
  • Great day to be on the Alp Leroy, I spotted your club flags about 15 minutes in on the hi-lights show. History in the making with that win. First Brit and first yellow jersey to win on the Alp.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Dont think Cavendish should feel too bad about quitting the Tour now

Griepel and Groenewegen have both gone today which basically leaves Sagan and Gaviria left out of the all the Sprinters (Unless I'm missing someone?)

Scratch that... Gaviria has now quit!!

Champs Elysee is going to be rather interesting this year
    It'll be someone somewhat random like Boasson Hagen winning the sprint, I presume. Maybe a breakaway rider, which would be amazing, but I doubt it.
    You’ve forgotten Sagan.
  • JamesSeed said:

PaddyP17 said:

Dont think Cavendish should feel too bad about quitting the Tour now

Griepel and Groenewegen have both gone today which basically leaves Sagan and Gaviria left out of the all the Sprinters (Unless I'm missing someone?)

Scratch that... Gaviria has now quit!!

Champs Elysee is going to be rather interesting this year
    It'll be someone somewhat random like Boasson Hagen winning the sprint, I presume. Maybe a breakaway rider, which would be amazing, but I doubt it.
    You’ve forgotten Sagan.
    This, now all the main sprinters have gone Paris is set up for Sagan.
  • Could be a really good chance for a breakaway rider to win today along with the other flat stages (bar Paris)

Going to be a chance for Thomas and the other GC riders to have a mini rest day so unless someone big can get into the breakaway they're not going to be bothered about chasing; those who have lost their sprinter will likely get someone into the breakaway (like Boassen Hagen)... Means that unless Sagan can join the breakaway too, it'll only be his team willing to chase
  • See the fucking idiot try to pull Froome off his bike just before bend 8? We were right next to him and almost had a punch up with him afterwards. Fat prick.

Sadly it wouldn't surprise me if this did happen. As you know, the riders aren't protected really, apart from barriers over the last few hundred metres.