Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Options
    rina said:

Moscon DQed for throwing a punch so G/Froome are down a domestique

What a prat!!... Looks a nothing incident either that led to it!!
  • Options
    Moscon has previous.
  • Options
    Much as I'm not defending Moscon (he's a complete prick of a man) this wasn't a particularly bad incident. Seen worse pretty regularly in crit races. Having someone put the head on you when you cut across their line in the build up to a sprint is pretty terrifying the first time it happens :lol:

Still dangerous though, its got to be at the point now for Sky where his potential is outweighed by the ballache of dealing with him
  • Options
    Going by todays Press Conference; Froome will be happy to back Thomas so long as SKY win the Yellow Jersey

Means that SKY must be scared of Dumoulin as if Thomas opens the door for Froome to take the lead, its likely that Dumoulin will also jump through the door putting Thomas back into third spot - With just 11secs seperating Froome and Dumoulin it would then come down to the Time Trial (which is Dumoulin's favoured event) so cant rule him out of making up that time gap
  • Options
    Dumoulin needs to take the bull by the horns, because if Froome lets loose in the Pyrenees, he'll struggle to keep pace with him.
  • Options
    Dumoulin needs to take time out of the yellow Jersey to win. If the time trial was now Thomas may loss time but has a big enough lead.

I think sky will be happy for Froome to mark Dumoulin until Paris. Not sure Froome will be.

I don't think Froome will attack along way out unless he is 100% the attack will stick.

Worst case is that Froome attacks, takes Dumoulin with him, they dump Thomas but don't put time in Dumoulin.

I think sky will just mark Dumoulin, keep Thomas in yellow, unless Thomas cracks.

Yes I have changed my mind :p but still think stage 17 will tell us all.
  • Options
    Delightful!!... French Farmers have decided to protest something by delaying the Tour today (Hay bales thrown across the road to stop the riders)

Police have used pepper spray (according to Mitchelton Scott) which has blown back into the faces of the riders causing a 15min delay!!
  • Options
    On a plus side the idiot Policeman who used the pepper spray (not thinking about the breeze) got a load of it in his own face too
  • Options

Going by todays Press Conference; Froome will be happy to back Thomas so long as SKY win the Yellow Jersey

Means that SKY must be scared of Dumoulin as if Thomas opens the door for Froome to take the lead, its likely that Dumoulin will also jump through the door putting Thomas back into third spot - With just 11secs seperating Froome and Dumoulin it would then come down to the Time Trial (which is Dumoulin's favoured event) so cant rule him out of making up that time gap

I don't believe that for a second. 4 time winner happy to sit in second for the rest of the week? Doubtful.

Still expecting Froome to attack on Thursday.
  • Options

I don't believe that for a second. 4 time winner happy to sit in second for the rest of the week? Doubtful.

Still expecting Froome to attack on Thursday.
    Yeah, I can't see him being 'happy' to miss out on a record breaking trio of grand tours. Whether it's better for the team or not is another matter. The guy is a winner and won't be 'happy' taking second or third place. Will be fascinating to see how it unfolds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Delightful!!... French Farmers have decided to protest something by delaying the Tour today (Hay bales thrown across the road to stop the riders)

Police have used pepper spray (according to Mitchelton Scott) which has blown back into the faces of the riders causing a 15min delay!!

West Mercia Police a long way from home, then?
  • Options
    Shock of the day... Peter Sagan now just has to make it to Paris to win the Green Jersey

Alexander Kristoff is too far behind to win on points now
  • Options

Shock of the day... Peter Sagan now just has to make it to Paris to win the Green Jersey

Could’ve been said before the tour started
  • Options
    Pity for Yates but Alaphilippe rode brilliantly
  • Options
    Tomorrow looks an interesting stage

Only 65km long the riders will be going off on a grid style start, positions will be based on their GC Standings and there will be no neutralised zone - Means that Froome and Thomas will be on their own for a while as they wont be surrounded by their Domestiques
  • Options
    It could be spectacular... depends on who goes for it.
  • Options

Only 65km long the riders will be going off on a grid style start, positions will be based on their GC Standings and there will be no neutralised zone - Means that Froome and Thomas will be on their own for a while as they wont be surrounded by their Domestiques

Perhaps Froome will be domestique :wink:
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for keeping plebs like me informed on this.

Ah hem.....whats the green jersey for?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

For about five minutes. The pundits were saying it'll just settle into the normal pattern right after the start.
  • Options

Points jersey, for sprinters, though Sagan is a bit atypical (he's closer to a Sean Kelly type in some ways, he can be more than decent in most elements of the race - as an aside, I'd love to see a combined jersey again).
  • Options

Points jersey, for sprinters, though Sagan is a bit atypical (he's closer to a Sean Kelly type in some ways, he can be more than decent in most elements of the race - as an aside, I'd love to see a combined jersey again).
    Isnt really a jersey for the Sprinters though as some Intermediate Sprints are after a climb that the likes of Cavendish wouldnt get over

In a way it is almost like a combined jersey
  • Options

Isn't yellow the combined jersey effectively.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Isn't yellow the combined jersey effectively.
    No, the yellow jersey (general classification) is simply based on total time.
    The green Jersey is points based, which can be obtained each day. Their overall time is irrelevant.
  • Options
    I have been saying for about 20 days tomorrow will decide it........ (I mean stage 17)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

For about five minutes. The pundits were saying it'll just settle into the normal pattern right after the start.
    while they may be right that's pure guesswork

none of the field have ever raced a tour stage like this, it hasn't been done in modern cycling and with the grid start we could see a lot of things happen

it won't be a surprise to see dumoulin, bardet, martin or quintana having a stab right from the off, in which case G and Froome won't be able to sit and wait for the rest of Sky

hopefully that does happen and we see the entire GC group having a right old ding dong up the 3 summits
  • Options
    Can you explain this grid start format please?

Thanks
  • Options
    rina said:
    or if that doesn't work go here https://www.letour.fr/en/stage-17 and click on the grid start video