Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France (2023 from p54)

Comments

• Options
    The commentators ignored all the booing at the finish line and at the podium presentations.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

PaddyP17 said:

Dont think Cavendish should feel too bad about quitting the Tour now

Griepel and Groenewegen have both gone today which basically leaves Sagan and Gaviria left out of the all the Sprinters (Unless I'm missing someone?)

Scratch that... Gaviria has now quit!!

Champs Elysee is going to be rather interesting this year
    It'll be someone somewhat random like Boasson Hagen winning the sprint, I presume. Maybe a breakaway rider, which would be amazing, but I doubt it.
    You’ve forgotten Sagan.
    This, now all the main sprinters have gone Paris is set up for Sagan.
    Gaviria?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

JamesSeed said:

PaddyP17 said:

Griepel and Groenewegen have both gone today which basically leaves Sagan and Gaviria left out of the all the Sprinters (Unless I'm missing someone?)

It'll be someone somewhat random like Boasson Hagen winning the sprint, I presume. Maybe a breakaway rider, which would be amazing, but I doubt it.
    You’ve forgotten Sagan.
    This, now all the main sprinters have gone Paris is set up for Sagan.
    Gaviria?
    He abandoned yesterday
  • Options

See the fucking idiot try to pull Froome off his bike just before bend 8? We were right next to him and almost had a punch up with him afterwards. Fat prick.

Seemed toxic yesterday towards Sky, Thomas being booed over the line as well
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

The commentators ignored all the booing at the finish line and at the podium presentations.

The Eurosport high lights program made very specific mention of the booing.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

One of the favourites.

This week is in the Alps and Froome will come to the fore. He needs to get a lot closer to Thomas in the next week though or SKY may change their priorities.

Forgive my ignorance...
    how many stages left?
    who is best for each stage?
    who do you think will win overall?

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

PaddyP17 said:

You’ve forgotten Sagan.
    That is a very good point. He'll steamroller the points comp now.
  • Options

Addickted said:

One of the favourites.

This week is in the Alps and Froome will come to the fore. He needs to get a lot closer to Thomas in the next week though or SKY may change their priorities.

Forgive my ignorance...
    how many stages left?

21 stages in total, although the last stage isn't raced.

It will be decided on stage 17 and 19, which Froome would be favourite for even after Thomas' 2 summit wins.

If I had to bet on it I would back Froome, Thomas has never been in contention through out a 3 week race and I think he might crack.

Can't leave it to the time trail as the world time trail champion is the only other serious challenger at present.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Yes I’ve just watched the highlights. ITV 4 haven’t grasped the nettle.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Addickted said:

One of the favourites.

Forgive my ignorance...
    how many stages left?

It will be decided on stage 17 and 19, which Froome would be favourite for even after Thomas' 2 summit wins.

If I had to bet on it I would back Froome, Thomas has never been in contention through out a 3 week race and I think he might crack.

Can't leave it to the time trail as the world time trail champion is the only other serious challenger at present.
    I backed Froome before the Tour, but actually think Thomas has a chance now. If he fuels properly and avoids illness that is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Today could be intresting as far as a breakaway goes, lots of people there with not a lot of other interest now. Lots of sprinters teams etc.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Addickted said:

One of the favourites.

Forgive my ignorance...
    how many stages left?

Might well be this year... No Sprinters and less than 10secs between first and second could see someone like Dumoulin going for stage win and thus getting the bonus seconds that would put him in the yellow jersey
  • Options
    I think it will be over after stage 19, maybe wrong.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

I think it will be over after stage 19, maybe wrong.

Why then and not the Time Trial out of curiousity?
  • Options
    Because the 3 people who, at the moment, look most likely to win it are all very good time trailist, there won't be a massive change either way.

I think, at present Froome will attack on stage 17, could take yellow and put time on the other 2. I still think it will be minutes, not seconds.
  • Options
    Well done Sagan
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Well done Sagan

So so tight!!... Well done to him
  • Options
    Bradley Wiggins commentating and seriously teasing he's been told lots of stuff about "the mysterious package" and how lots of people are "bricking it" and want it buried. Interesting him treading a fine line but I was almost hollering at the screen "just tell us" !
  • Options

Choppers on tour...

CHOrley Pedal PushERS?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2018
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Yes I’ve just watched the highlights. ITV 4 haven’t grasped the nettle.
    Is it a nettle to be grasped or is it an expected annoyance that's better ignored than tackled? Like summer wasps.
  • Options
    just been looking at the upcoming stages and really can't decide how I think things are going to pan out

17 is the shortest stage for 30 years but has some proper climbs in so anything could happen

and the time trial looks very lumpy

Tourmalet looks like it could be the key climb
  • Options
    Pretty straight forward finish between Thomas | Froome | Dumoulin today

Can't see anyone beating those three to the podium at the moment
  • Options

Agreed, barring accidents it’s out of the three of them.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Agreed, barring accidents it’s out of the three of them.
    Don't forget the possibility of having a bad day.

The are a number of times on a Grand Tour where just not having it in their legs for a single stage (particularly in the mountains) have completely knackered the GC hopes of cyclists who have been really competing for the podium.
  • Options
    Was there any significance in Froome going over the line In front of Thomas today?

Looked like a bit of Rank pulling to me.
  • Options

Ah Bradley. Never one to shy away from the limelight (despite telling everyone who will listen that he doesn't crave it)

Slightly funny watching his transformation from world class cyclist to Joe Wilkinson in the past year or so - but he'd do well to shut up now, and quit while he's still (only slightly) behind...

I don't think he needs advice from any of us, no matter how well intentioned. Whatever we think of his personality, he'll go down as one of the cycling greats.
  • Options
    rina said:

just been looking at the upcoming stages and really can't decide how I think things are going to pan out

17 is the shortest stage for 30 years but has some proper climbs in so anything could happen

and the time trial looks very lumpy

Tourmalet looks like it could be the key climb

Looks very similar to the stage Froome broke the giro on.
  • Options

Was there any significance in Froome going over the line In front of Thomas today?

Looked like a bit of Rank pulling to me.

Nope all three would have gotten the same time, was just about ensuring that there were no gaps between the riders so that no seconds could be lost
  • Options
    Moscon DQed for throwing a punch so G/Froome are down a domestique