Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 18/19

It appears the honour is mine!!
Happy hunting to all 32 teams (well almost!!)

Comments

• 18/19 - I can't wait for the Giants to play like shit yet again :neutral:
  • I dont follow the college game but always get excited in the build up to the draft.

I expect Browns to still take a QB first pick, but will they trade their 4th pick to another QB hungry team?

a lot depends on where the Free Agency QB'S end up, starting with Cousins and what the Vikings do with their three QB's
  • Word yesterday was that Cousins was down to two teams - Vikings & Jets.

Vikings makes sense as they have the weapons to win now, but it appears the Jets are so desperate that they are prepared to guarantee the entire contract, which is unheard of in the NFL.
  • The two burning questions of the minute, I suppose:

1) Do the Browns take BPA - Saquon Barkley - at no.1 overall and take the second best quarterback available to them?

I think they should. The more I go over Barkley's combine and stats at Penn State, the more I think they have to take him. Colts are unlikely to take a QB with Luck still around (we think), but even if they did, they're still left with a plethora of options. Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, and even Mason Rudolph and Lamar Jackson would all be serviceable options. They still want to sign an FA QB - possibly McCarron - and have one of the above sit behind a veteran for a year.

If they don't then that's understandable. Duke Johnson is a good RB and taking a QB at 1 with (probably) Bradley Chubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4 helps their defensive needs immensely. But they have so many picks that they can probably afford to wait until rounds 2 and 3 to find a defensive playmaker or twenty...

2) Kirk Cousins. Where's he going? What's the QB situation shaping up to be across the league?

Vikings seem to be the mood music in recent days. I think it'll be either them or the Jets. Both are good fits. Jets have much more cap wiggle room, so are in a better position to pay him what he wants, but the Vikings with Cousins under centre would become huge Super Bowl contenders (like they were this year).

The QB market is pretty huge this year. There are a lot of teams looking - either in need of a starter; or who need to look ahead to 2019/20; or who need a backup:

Browns (starter), Giants (next year), Cardinals (they literally don't have a QB), Broncos (starter), Vikings (all 3 of their main QBs are unrestricted free agents), Jets (starter), Bills (starter, depends on Tyrod Taylor), Chargers (maybe), Jaguars (backup), Steelers (backup/future), and Ravens (backup/future) are the teams that come to mind.

That's a lot of teams. Thankfully there are a lot of QBs around - four or five who could prove alright from the draft, plus Cousins, Keenum, Bridgewater, Bradford, Tyrod Taylor, McCarron, Gabbert (more of a backup), even Josh McCown.

There's gonna be some very well-paid players. I'm no oracle, but I reckon some of the moves will be Cousins to the Vikings, Broncos/Browns/Giants in the draft market, and Cardinals gambling on someone like Keenum.
  • PaddyP17 said:

The two burning questions of the minute, I suppose:

1) Do the Browns take BPA - Saquon Barkley - at no.1 overall and take the second best quarterback available to them?

I think they should. The more I go over Barkley's combine and stats at Penn State, the more I think they have to take him. Colts are unlikely to take a QB with Luck still around (we think), but even if they did, they're still left with a plethora of options. Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, and even Mason Rudolph and Lamar Jackson would all be serviceable options. They still want to sign an FA QB - possibly McCarron - and have one of the above sit behind a veteran for a year.

If they don't then that's understandable. Duke Johnson is a good RB and taking a QB at 1 with (probably) Bradley Chubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4 helps their defensive needs immensely. But they have so many picks that they can probably afford to wait until rounds 2 and 3 to find a defensive playmaker or twenty...

2) Kirk Cousins. Where's he going? What's the QB situation shaping up to be across the league?

Vikings seem to be the mood music in recent days. I think it'll be either them or the Jets. Both are good fits. Jets have much more cap wiggle room, so are in a better position to pay him what he wants, but the Vikings with Cousins under centre would become huge Super Bowl contenders (like they were this year).

The QB market is pretty huge this year. There are a lot of teams looking - either in need of a starter; or who need to look ahead to 2019/20; or who need a backup:

Browns (starter), Giants (next year), Cardinals (they literally don't have a QB), Broncos (starter), Vikings (all 3 of their main QBs are unrestricted free agents), Jets (starter), Bills (starter, depends on Tyrod Taylor), Chargers (maybe), Jaguars (backup), Steelers (backup/future), and Ravens (backup/future) are the teams that come to mind.

That's a lot of teams. Thankfully there are a lot of QBs around - four or five who could prove alright from the draft, plus Cousins, Keenum, Bridgewater, Bradford, Tyrod Taylor, McCarron, Gabbert (more of a backup), even Josh McCown.

There's gonna be some very well-paid players. I'm no oracle, but I reckon some of the moves will be Cousins to the Vikings, Broncos/Browns/Giants in the draft market, and Cardinals gambling on someone like Keenum.

This is what I suggested yesterday and take McCarron
  • I think the Browns should take Barkley at #1. NYG may take a QB, probably Sam Darnold, that leaves the Colts who won't take one. Worst case scenario Browns get to pick from one of Allen, Rosen, Mayfield and Jackson at #4.
  • If Luck still isn't showing signs of throwing properly, why wouldn't the Colts take a QB ?

Not like the old days before rookie contracts were limited so wouldn't cost them an arm and a leg.
  • edited March 2018
    I think if you're the Browns and there is a QB you really like, you'd be absolutely mental to risk them dropping to 4.

If there isn't a QB they like then take Barkley or whoever is top of your draft board at 1 and a top defensive player at 4.

They shouldn't be taking a QB at 4 in my opinion.
  • MrOneLung said:

If Luck still isn't showing signs of throwing properly, why wouldn't the Colts take a QB ?

Not like the old days before rookie contracts were limited so wouldn't cost them an arm and a leg.

Maybe but Colts have bigger problems than QB. They could take one, I just don't see it in the first round.

Although I think the Browns should take Barkley at 1, I don't think they will.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    Here we go...it's what I'm here for after all!

Usual Ts and Cs
    Any errors or additions let me know.

Only 4 teams remain unsupported
    Texans, Panthers, Cardinals & Rams
  • Bears fan here , sadly
  • edited March 2018
    Word is that the browns might go for Barkley at #1 and then their pick of QBs at #4.

The colts are hardly going to pick a QB with Luck so would only remove 1 QB from the draft at #4.

Hue seems to want to bench them for a year though so likely to sign another QB on free agency. Maybe Mccarron
  • I don’t think Luck will be half the player he was. Practically two seasons injured and club still having to fight rumours of another operation neeed.
  • I'm a Panthers fan, sister lives near Charlotte.
  • I'm a Panthers fan, sister lives near Charlotte.

Our first Panthers fan! Nice one.
  • Another Packers fan
  • If the Browns took Barkley I could see something like this

1. Barkley
    2. Rosen to Giants
    3. Chubb to Colts (trade is very possible, Broncos, Bills etc) could see the Broncos taking Allen if they did.
    4. Mayfield to Browns.

I still think there’s a scenario where the Browns don’t take Barkley too.

1. Rosen to Browns
    2. Barkley to NYG
    3. Chubb to Colts
    4. Fitzpatrick to Browns
    5. Allen to Broncos
    6. Mayfield to Jets

Overall I think that what the Browns do at 1 has a knock on over the entirety of the rest of the draft, they could even take Barkley at 1 and trade up with the Colts to get their QB at 3 if they really wanted.
  • If the Browns took Barkley I could see something like this

1. Barkley
    2. Rosen to Giants
    3. Chubb to Colts (trade is very possible, Broncos, Bills etc) could see the Broncos taking Allen if they did.
    4. Mayfield to Browns.

I still think there’s a scenario where the Browns don’t take Barkley too.

1. Rosen to Browns
    2. Barkley to NYG
    3. Chubb to Colts
    4. Fitzpatrick to Browns
    5. Allen to Broncos
    6. Mayfield to Jets

Overall I think that what the Browns do at 1 has a knock on over the entirety of the rest of the draft, they could even take Barkley at 1 and trade up with the Colts to get their QB at 3 if they really wanted.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Browns take a QB at #1 and trade 4th spot away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty much completely forgot about Darnold in that too, I think there are way too many factors in play for the Browns to not mess it up.
  • Pretty much completely forgot about Darnold in that too, I think there are way too many factors in play for the Browns to not mess it up.

Darnold the first QB off the board surely.
  • Seahawks for me, going back to the days of Chuck Knox, Dave Krieg, Steve Largent, and Curt Warner.

Don't watch as much now as I used to though.

Darnold the first QB off the board surely.
    I think it could literally be any of Rosen, Darnold, Allen and even Mayfield. I think Darnold was concensus before this season but slipped a bit since.
  • Seahawks for me, going back to the days of Chuck Knox, Dave Krieg, Steve Largent, and Curt Warner.

Don't watch as much now as I used to though.

Steve Largent - legend

Christ.

"Cam Newton Plays Jazz: A Tribute to Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie"