Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 18/19

Comments

• Watkins to the Chiefs is looking most likely.
  • Sorry, missed the Keenum deal.
  • Panthers guard Norwell looks to have agreed a deal with the Jaguars to become the highest paid guard in the NFL. He didn't allow a single sack or hit on his QB through the entire season supposedly.

Was really hoping my Bucs might get him!

Where did you see this? I read this morning was between 49ers (my team) the Giants and Bucs?
  • Red_James said:

Panthers guard Norwell looks to have agreed a deal with the Jaguars to become the highest paid guard in the NFL. He didn't allow a single sack or hit on his QB through the entire season supposedly.

Was really hoping my Bucs might get him!

Where did you see this? I read this morning was between 49ers (my team) the Giants and Bucs?
    Brb gonna go play with my Bortles now.

• So Ravens missing out on Landry, Robinson, maybe Watkins now too and will settle for Tavon Austin. Great. Better hope Ridley falls to us in the draft. I'd still like to see Watkins and maybe Paul Richardson added.
  • Cousins to the Vikings being ‘confirmed’ by some sources on twitter.

• This is a more reluctant tweet than some but along the same lines, first visit in this case looks like it means he’ll almost definitely sign.

• This is a more reluctant tweet than some but along the same lines, first visit in this case looks like it means he’ll almost definitely sign.
    Have seen that it is apparently a 3yr fully guaranteed $86m with the Vikings
  • Red_James said:

This is a more reluctant tweet than some but along the same lines, first visit in this case looks like it means he’ll almost definitely sign.
    Have seen that it is apparently a 3yr fully guaranteed $86m with the Vikings
    If he wants a legit chance of winning a Superbowl Vikings are his only option. If it's money, then it'll be the Jets.
  • 3 years $84m fully guarenteed. First ever in the NFL. Will raise eyebrows now but when Rodgers gets 100m+ guarenteed in a few months it’ll be no more than a memory. In a year or 2 it’ll be the norm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cousins in Denver would have made them an immediate SB contender in the AFC. Keenum? Meh.
  • Bradford to Arizona. Still managed to get $20m a year with his injury.
  • This leaves Bridgewater to the Jets, I presume. But despite their ridiculous cap space, it doesn't seem like they're participating in free agency this year...
  • Despite announcing they would be aggressive in free agency
  • Cousins didn’t wanna take on Patriots/ Steelers in AFC so went to Vikings.
  • Some of these teams are panicking. Denver and Jets can easily draft top QBs this year and only pay them a fraction of what these so-so QBs like Keenum and Bridgewater will command. They all have a "must win it all this year" mentality.

Who is doing it right? The Bills.

Buffalo has 5 of the top 65 picks and 6 in the top 100. They will certainly draft Darnold at #2. They are a team that looks long-term and it's refreshing.
  • I know QBs are at a premium, but blind panic can be the only explanation for giving $84m (guaranteed!) to Kirk Cousins!
  • 1 year extension for McCown at Jets $10m

Paves way for big QB move in draft.
  • Jimmy Graham to the Packers
  • Jordy Nelson cut.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some of these teams are panicking. Denver and Jets can easily draft top QBs this year and only pay them a fraction of what these so-so QBs like Keenum and Bridgewater will command. They all have a "must win it all this year" mentality.

Who is doing it right? The Bills.

Buffalo has 5 of the top 65 picks and 6 in the top 100. They will certainly draft Darnold at #2. They are a team that looks long-term and it's refreshing.

Building draft capital as the Eagles did before getting Wentz, Barnett, etc.
  • Picked this up from Bleacher report:

Notable Intended Signings:
    Quarterbacks

Kirk Cousins (Vikings)
    Case Keenum (Broncos)
    Teddy Bridgewater (Jets)
    Drew Brees (Saints)
    Sam Bradford (Cardinals)
    Josh McCown (Jets)

Running Backs

Dion Lewis (Titans)
    Carlos Hyde (Browns)
    Jonathan Stewart (Giants)
    Isaiah Crowell (Jets)
    Jerrick Mckinnon (49ers)

Offensive Linemen

Andrew Norwell (Jaguars)
    Chris Hubbard (Browns)
    Weston Richburg (49ers)
    Josh Kline (Titans)
    Nate Solder (Giants)

Wide Receivers

Allen Robinson (Bears)
    Sammy Watkins (Chiefs)
    Paul Richardson (Redskins)
    Marqise Lee (Jaguars)
    Donte Moncrief (Jaguars)
    Taylor Gabriel (Bears)

Tight Ends

Jimmy Graham (Packers)
    Trey Burton (Bears)

Defensive Lineman

Muhammad Wilkerson (Packers)
    Star Lotulelei (Bills)
    Haloti Ngata (Eagles)

Linebackers

Devon Kennard (Lions)
    Avery Williamson (Jets)
    Nigel Bradham (Eagles)
    Anthony Hitchens (Chiefs)

Defensive Backs

Trumaine Johnson (Jets)
    Malcolm Butler (Titans)
    Bashaud Breeland (Panthers)
    Prince Amukamara (Bears)
    Aaron Colvin (Texans)
  • Happy with the Titans business so far
  • This article says Blake Bortles, who was in an AFC Championship Game this year, is not a top 32 QB.

What a joke. Other notable absentees are Mitch Trubisky and AJ McCarron.

Jacoby Brissett and Teddy Bridgewater in that list is just stubborn. What rubbish. I'm angry now.
  • Interested to see how that works out. Are we calling Paxton Lynch a bust yet?
  • Interested to see how that works out. Are we calling Paxton Lynch a bust yet?
    Oh dear looks like we'll have to ask the 6-10 Broncos fans that at the end of the season!!
  • I like Siemian. Hope he goes on to have a decent career.

• Ravens confirming the signings of John Brown for one year and giving Ryan Grant $29m. Lots of competition for Jordy Nelson, would love to see him in Baltimore.