Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arsenal

Comments

• edited August 2017

Left themselves 3 days to have a complete rebuild.

Selling Sanchez, Chamberlain, Mustafi and Gibbs all in the last week, madness.

none of these have looked like they want to play for the club .. soooo ... get rid .. surprised that Chelsea want/need the OX .. and Drinkwater ? .. (there must be a joke there somewhere .. you can lead an Ox to a pool .. but ....)
  • Never really fathom out why a club that attracts so much vitriol on this forum is frequently afforded its own threads? Subliminal back hand compliments I guess.

I used to really like watching them, and don't have any reason to hate them as I do Chelsea. But more recently I found some of their players to be so smug (in particular Ramsey, Bellerin and Giroud) without actually doing anything to warrant being so full of themselves, beyond spending too much time on their hair. So I quite enjoy seeing them fail.
  • Wilshere has gone under the radar since being sent off in an under 23 game earlier this season.
  • Left themselves 3 days to have a complete rebuild.

none of these have looked like they want to play for the club .. soooo ... get rid .. surprised that Chelsea want/need the OX .. and Drinkwater ? .. (there must be a joke there somewhere .. you can lead an Ox to a pool .. but ....)
    Chamberlain and Sanchez asked to leave in the summer though, so why wait until 3 days before the end of the window to sell and get replacements? Seems like terrible management to me.
  • Left themselves 3 days to have a complete rebuild.

Chamberlain and Sanchez asked to leave in the summer though, so why wait until 3 days before the end of the window to sell and get replacements? Seems like terrible management to me.
    Arsene knows......
  • edited August 2017

Left themselves 3 days to have a complete rebuild.

They've been employing a young female Belgian football consultant.
  • dunno about 'charltonised', all the recent signings have been 'arsenised', or worse .. paper today reckons they're about to offload Xhaka and Mustafi at a huge loss, signed a year or less ago for a combined £70 million+ .. how is ol Arsene keeping his job ?, what hold does he have over Stan (not the man) Kronke ?
  • In December 2012, Jack Wilshere, Kieran Gibbs, Aaron Ramsey, Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain and Carl Jenkinson all signed new long-term contracts at Arsenal with Arsene Wenger keen on building a 'British core' at the club.

Since then, it has not gone too well.

Wilshere is surplus to requirements, Gibbs has joined West Brom, Oxlade-Chamberlain has gone to Liverpool and Carl Jenkinson has left on loan again.

Only Aaron Ramsey remains as a regular first-team player.
  • RedChaser said:

Just had a little sob to myself about them poor Gooners. They just have not been the same since we chased em out of South East London you know?

'Woolwich rejects, Woolwich rejects'

Glad they went though, enabled us to step up to the plate and fill the void :wink:
    The MK Dons of their day.
  • Sponsored links:

• "Arsenal still have not responded to the Sanchez offer, that is because of the problems Arsenal are having signing their No 1 target Thomas Lemar.

"It could be a logistical problem. Lemar is on international duty tonight with France and manager Didier Deschamps has already said he doesn’t want his players disturbed. It begs the question: when would a medical take place?

"We also understand Liverpool have maintained an interest in Lemar, who may want to remain in the Champions League."
  • edited August 2017
    ross1 said:

"Arsenal still have not responded to the Sanchez offer, that is because of the problems Arsenal are having signing their No 1 target Thomas Lemar.

"It could be a logistical problem. Lemar is on international duty tonight with France and manager Didier Deschamps has already said he doesn’t want his players disturbed. It begs the question: when would a medical take place?

"We also understand Liverpool have maintained an interest in Lemar, who may want to remain in the Champions League."

They've had all summer and knew Sanchez (and Oxlade Chamberlain) were pushing for moves.

Smacks of Kroenke trying to look like he wanted to spend money to get players in but couldn't.

The Meire Method, I like to call it.
  • BREAKING NEWS

We understand a deal to take Thomas Lemar from Monaco to Arsenal is now very unlikely.
  • 100 goals for Giroud. Not bad for someone many don't think is good enough.
  • Bate Borosov from Barysaw in Belarus isn't exactly the most attractive away match to go to for a short break!
  • Talal said:

100 goals for Giroud. Not bad for someone many don't think is good enough.

Took him 237 games though, i don't think that's too impressive these days for a striker in a top premier league side who create as many chances as Arsenal do.
  • Talal said:

Took him 237 games though, i don't think that's too impressive these days for a striker in a top premier league side who create as many chances as Arsenal do.
    75 sub appearances. 100 in 162 starts is impressive.
  • Talal said:

Only had 162 starts though. And cost Arsenal £13m. I'd say that that's a pretty decent return.
  • He's still not good enough for me. Decent but not in that top level of striker. You think of Giroud and you think of the chances he misses, not the goals he's scored.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he's a good player, but for me when Arsenal bought him, they were just about a team that could compete for the title, and they got him, when they should've been going after one of the elite

Now Arsenal are a shit stain of a club, from top to bottom, plastic, run badly and manifest everything that's wrong about football (rap videos about Walcott signing a contract, ill discipline, Nike football, soft spines) and although Giroud is a good player, I think of him as a very Arsenal player

Wenger has single handedly destroyed all the good work he did in the early years through his arrogance

The likes of Mourinho and Conte come along and they eat Wenger for breakfast
  • On Ozil - "Man can't finish his diner fam" pmsl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSG1qFwCMzc
  • Glad that Bluds back in the game.
  • I do like Troy Deeney... Reckon if he played for anyone else he'd stand a chance of an England call up
  • I do like Troy Deeney... Reckon if he played for anyone else he'd stand a chance of an England call up

That goal he got against us a few seasons back, in the game when Callum scored a brace to keep us up.

Very good player - not international class though.

Good, old fashioned number 9 and has done brilliantly for Watford, 100 goals in 280 games for a 500K player is a great return.
  • Troy Deeney has pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Everyone knows they've got that soft underbelly. You get at them, they dont bloody like it.

They so remind me of the old Spurs teams. Looks fancy but roll over as soon as they are exposed to pressure. Remember the old Sir Alex Ferguson team talks of 'Lads, its Tottenham!' to the old Utd teams? You know all the clogger teams in the middle of the league do the same thing now to Arsenal.

Absolute shambles of a club*

Ozil and Sanchez will go in January. Shame ;)

* Disclaimer: yet the fcukers have still managed to win the FA Cup twice in 2 bloody years :(

Very good player - not international class though.

Good, old fashioned number 9 and has done brilliantly for Watford, 100 goals in 280 games for a 500K player is a great return.
    When did having international class become a requirement for getting into the England set up?
    I must have missed it.
    Yep, fair cop Guv.