Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal

Comments

• Options
    it's hilarious watching Arsenal at the moment and seeing the faces on half of my office.....last night they just gave up (yes City were good)

funniest part of the night was when the attendance was given out ;)
  • Options
    iaitch said:

He's not happy is he?

Quality TV. Hilarious.
  • Options
    Is that video from Sunday at Wembley or are a load of City scarfers being left to take the piss outside the Emirates?
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I’m not really sure what Arsenal fans expect? They are nowhere near good enough to be in the top 4. 6th place is about right for them. They have about 4 or 5 good players and the rest of the squad are average

Im pretty sure that what they expect, is to be good enough.
  • Options
    I hate Arsenal fans - I hope Wenger gets another contract extension.
  • Options

I’m not really sure what Arsenal fans expect? They are nowhere near good enough to be in the top 4. 6th place is about right for them. They have about 4 or 5 good players and the rest of the squad are average.

The thing that hurts them most is that Tottenham have overtaken them and are a much better team.

Arsenal should be good enough, they've spent enough money just largely on shit. Same type of players all the time now, it's hard to believe Wenger actually bought Vieira and Petit.
  • Options
    so what your saying is Arsenal fans are arrogant twonks ? wow who would have guessed
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Considered and thoughtful post match judgement of the team, players and manager,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4WwkR7ygBo

What a bunch of Tobys. The Arsenal support of old must be cringing.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Addickted said:

Considered and thoughtful post match judgement of the team, players and manager,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4WwkR7ygBo

"That lot who is shouting City, City... they didnt know who they were 10-years ago"

Seriously; Man City dont fill the Etihad despite having really cheap ticket prices... I can believe that a lot of their fans will have been at that League One Play-Off Final against Gillingham!! - They've not had people jump on the bandwagon like what Chelsea did when Abramovich took over there!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:

I’m not really sure what Arsenal fans expect? They are nowhere near good enough to be in the top 4. 6th place is about right for them. They have about 4 or 5 good players and the rest of the squad are average.

The thing that hurts them most is that Tottenham have overtaken them and are a much better team.

Arsenal should be good enough, they've spent enough money just largely on shit. Same type of players all the time now, it's hard to believe Wenger actually bought Vieira and Petit.
    And had the likes of ray parlour, martin Keown and tony adams. Absolutely no nonsense players who wouldn’t stand for the shenanigans and pussy footing the modern arsenal team goes through. For the last decade they’ve just needed a couple of hard men in their ranks to add some steel and grit. Can’t cost that much to get a bloke who’s a bit of a nutter surely.
  • Options
    Arsenal are now 10 points behind Spurs in 4th. Indeed they're nearer Burnley in 7th (8 points behind) despite Burnley not winning for months, that's pretty poor really when you consider Arsenal's budget and ticket prices...
  • Options

Got a Chelsea mate here from Borough. He lived off grid for about 6 years and would only know how Chelsea got on through asking other people days later. For the last 3 years though he's lived in a house with full HD tv and full UK Sky package, so is glued to SSN and watches every game they show. He's now like what I describe as a "new fan", where he ain't got any interest whatsoever about anything outside the top 6, to the point where you can't even mention the lijes of Charlton as he just switches off and will interrupt you, even though the first hour is spent chatting about Chelsea and the top of the Prem and who needs to do what to qualify for this or that. He genuinely thinks that no side in the top 6 will lose to teams like Bournemouth (lol), so won't consider that idea in his punditry leading up to games. What I'm leading to is that I think a lot of supporters of Chelsea / Man C / Man U / Spurs / Arsenal (lol) are all the same. They think everyone else is just there to make up the numbers and so don't deserve any respect.

I'm sure fans of topflight clubs weren't like that 20 odd years ago. Everyone seemed to have a more overall knowledge of the game

Couldn't have put it better. These types of fans wind me up more than anything in the game these days.

It's actually got to a point where I actually don't want to talk football with fans of those clubs on the basis that there's nothing that I can really learn from them about their own clubs. They watch on TV the same way any neutral does.

Watching a proper club like Leicester mug them all off a couple of years ago was glorious.
  • Options
    The worrying thing for Arsenal is that Man City played pretty poorly last night and they still lost 3-0.
  • Options
    Oh and btw, my Chelsea pal, still thinks Chris Kamara making mistakes on the commentary and Merson not being able to pronounce the player's names is genuinely funny.
  • Options

Talal said:

And had the likes of ray parlour, martin Keown and tony adams. Absolutely no nonsense players who wouldn’t stand for the shenanigans and pussy footing the modern arsenal team goes through. For the last decade they’ve just needed a couple of hard men in their ranks to add some steel and grit. Can’t cost that much to get a bloke who’s a bit of a nutter surely.
    I don't think they need a nutter, but they definitely need a hard man. It's not as if they're impossible to come by in the modern game either - Vieira was absolutely fucking mint and Petit didn't piss about either (despite his poncy haircut). Their problem is, anyone they have who 'puts it about a bit' is basically just a fucking idiot (Wilshere, Xhaka) because they're playing up to what they think the crowd wants.
  • Options

Talal said:

I've had this argument with friends before. Arsenal's league winning teams/invincibles etc. were built on the foundations of the team George Graham put together. Once the last of those players departed, Arsenal haven't had a sniff of winning the league. Those old Arsenal teams might not have been too exciting, but they had a hard faced winning mentality, instilled by George Graham. All Wenger's players care about is how their hair looks on televised matches.

There's been no guts in that team for years and Wenger has never put it right. Maybe he just doesn't want bigger characters than him running the dressing room.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Talal said:

I've had this argument with friends before. Arsenal's league winning teams/invincibles etc. were built on the foundations of the team George Graham put together. Once the last of those players departed, Arsenal haven't had a sniff of winning the league. Those old Arsenal teams might not have been too exciting, but they had a hard faced winning mentality, instilled by George Graham. All Wenger's players care about is how their hair looks on televised matches.

There's been no guts in that team for years and Wenger has never put it right. Maybe he just doesn't want bigger characters than him running the dressing room.
    Did their 2004 unbeaten team have anyone left from the George Graham years?
  • Options

Talal said:

I don't think they need a nutter, but they definitely need a hard man. It's not as if they're impossible to come by in the modern game either - Vieira was absolutely fucking mint and Petit didn't piss about either (despite his poncy haircut). Their problem is, anyone they have who 'puts it about a bit' is basically just a fucking idiot (Wilshere, Xhaka) because they're playing up to what they think the crowd wants.
    Tbf, Wilshere is one of the only names them plonkers on AFTV speak of in a half decent light. Not that any of them sound like they got a clue what they're talking about in a footballing sense
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wiltshire a proper Arsenal player---arrogant,over rated,gob shit,full of him self ,with no bollox

Like so many before him
  • Options
    so he will go to "teach" kids to be a twat ----nice
  • Options
    Wilshere doesn't really deserve stick when he's got to play alongside Granit Xhaka who is a piss poor excuse for a top flight footballer. Wouldn't even get near City's squad let alone first team.
  • Options
    Arsenal have never been the same since David Dein left. Their transfer record since then has been awful...
  • Options

so he will go to "teach" kids to be a twat ----nice

Give it a rest.
  • Options
    Bloke on the till at Waitrose peeped at the back page of my paper and moaned about Wenger. He had a face like thunder. Kept going on about what a disaster Arsene is. "Must be sacked" etc. All this after appearing in a cup final and being in the top six in the prem! I felt like telling him what real suffering was about but kept my misery to myself. I do believe in karma...I must have done something really terrible in my past life.
  • Options
    why ? if u dont like it fuvking dont read it simple or fuvk off to Goonerville
  • Options
    Talal said:

Wilshere doesn't really deserve stick when he's got to play alongside Granit Xhaka who is a piss poor excuse for a top flight footballer. Wouldn't even get near City's squad let alone first team.

So you think his £30m transfer fee was a tad excessive?