Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    Come on Arsenal , time to put the whammers back out the CL spots please 
  • Options
    Probably the most unsporting club in the premier, why didn’t they give the ball back, every other club would.
  • Options
    Probably the most unsporting club in the premier, why didn’t they give the ball back, every other club would.
    Thats a tricky one, but tbf Watford were diving round and fouling left, right, centre. Not saying its right but so many these days (spurs in particular) do this, so they might just be playing the whistle. Although it was clearly put out for someone potentially being injured i was kind of glad they didn't put it out, slight bias though. 

They have improved alot, always said they would as the beginning of the season had injuries and not a settled squad, they played City/ Chelsea & even Brentford at the wrong time. Recently they have done better against the top teams (excluding early in the season when they couldn't field a regular team or a proper defence). I think the Liverpool game will be interesting, it will show exactly how far they have come at the back, no greater test in my opinion, but look at West Ham the other day if they can play as organised there is a chance. 

ESR, so much talent but cant see him getting in the England first 11 anytime soon with Foden/Grealish/Rashford, Saka by default has better chance on the right (i know hes in the team lately) but shows how good the England depth is. 
  • Options
    This thread is nearly as interesting as the 'Charlton' thread on Arse Life.
  • Options
    Do Arsenal fans still want Arteta sacked ?

The Guy who does the video blog must be gutted.
  • Options
    Thats a tricky one... 
    No, no its not!
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    They've certainly turned things around.

Unbeaten in 8 games and above Man United.

The unpredictable nature of football

I can't decide whether they've turned a corner or just had a fortunate run of fixtures.

They've scraped 1-0 wins against 3 of the divisions worst teams in Norwich, Burnley and Watford, as well as beating 3 pretty out of form teams in Spurs, Villa and Leicester. They were fortunate to draw with Brighton and Palace.

If they beat a top side then it's different but they have Liverpool after the international break and i fully expect them to revert to type.
    Liverpool 4 Arsenal 0
  • Options
    flat track bullies. have been for years.
  • Options
    And the vermin have been given a gentle reminder that they are at least 7-8 players away from the top four!

Ramsdale is one hell of a keeper though.  Would have been 7 or 8 without him today.
  • Options
    Think Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City are the top level. 

Everyone else are far far below. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They should get Viera in now. He’s doing too well at that other place.
  • Options

Liam Goodenough, known for his passionate rants on the AFTV YouTube channel under the nickname 'DT', has had his prison sentence increased after he stalked, assaulted and kidnapped his former partner.

He was handed an initial suspended 12-month sentence on 5 November 2021, at Aylesbury Crown Court, while also being given a restraining order for 10 years.

As stated on gov.uk: "Liam Goodenough, 42, stalked his former partner as she went on a date, jealously sending the victim’s brother messages threatening suicide and demanding to know the location of the victim. Using a tracking feature on her phone, Goodenough drove to the hotel the victim was staying at and verbally abused her, as well as assaulting her companion. He then proceeded to photograph her in a state of undress.

"Goodenough dragged the victim out of the hotel room to his car, suggesting he had a knife and that her son was in the vehicle. However, when she realised that her son was not in the car she tried to escape. A bystander intervened and the victim was able to get out of the car, while Goodenough escaped."

Goodenough's 12-month sentence was referred to the Court of Appeal under the Unduly Lenient Sentence (ULS) scheme by the Solicitor General. On January 13, it was found to be unduly lenient and increased to three years.

Solicitor General, Alex Chalk QC MP said: "Goodenough subjected the victim to a shocking and frightening ordeal. I referred his sentence because I considered it did not reflect the gravity of the offending and was unduly lenient. I am glad that the Court of Appeal agrees."

Surprising really, he never seemed the aggressive type!

• Options
    Not sure if covid means clubs are allowed special dispensation to make more losses but "FFP allows clubs to make a loss, which is made up by wealthy owners, of £105m over three years."

Today Arsenal revealed last years results, a record loss of more than £100m for the year ending 31 May, 2021.

After losses of £47.8m during the previous year, Arsenal posted post-tax losses of £107.3m, the biggest in the club's history.

• Options
    Ouch. At this rate they're not even going to be able to afford to play in Woolwich.

Hope there's some punishment coming their way, but I doubt it.
  • Options
    Another example of why football as is, will eventually implode. 
  • Options
    No ‘investing’ in a football club is a good thing 🙄
  • Options
    I've never been able to get my head around football finances. I'm probably in the majority of the population with that one as well.
    If you ran a sweet shop like football is run I suspect you'd be done for gross stupidity.