Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    I thought they solved the problem when they got rid of Wenger :) Piers Morgan keeps boasting about it. This was always going to happen as the teams above them have stronger squads or in the case of Spurs, starting elevens.
  • Options
    Can’t stand arsenal fans.
  • Options
    Who plays Guondozi / Xhaka over Ramsey/ Torreira?

I haven't watched any of the video but its frustrating as Arsenal looked to be on good form but have now hit a wall, yes they have alot of injuries at the back that hasn't helped but constantly not playing your best players isn't going to help.

Ozil - Odd one although he is in and out of games he is a match winner

Lacazette - Often plays of the bench or subbed early when playing well, i get they have Aubameyang but personally if they had the right personal they could easily play as a front 2 or even PA on the left worse case.

Ramsey- How have they left him to run out his contract, big mistake. When not injured is truly a world class player and could even see him fitting into City

Torreira- Class buy, but doesn't seem to play every game. Not really sure why as just what they need wins the ball back passes the ball and heavily involved. Had a run of about 4 MOTM and a couple goals but since xmas been in and out of the side.

Xhaka- Not surely what he adds to the side, has been playing LCB here and there but dont feel he is good enough passes backwards

Not sure why they cant just sign another Centre half and a left back (Kolasinac, is great going forward but cant defend so cant really play that role or at least against good sides)

so many holes to pick and thats just at the top of my head, they have played some really good stuff at times this season but then the weekends result and Liverpool just highlights they are far from challenging the top 2/4.
  • Options
    Arsenal seem to be heading towards 6th again, i.e. the same as last season. Probably should put a lot of effort into the Europa League as it's their only realistic chance of CL football next season
  • Options
    Aaron Ramsey getting 400k P/W when he goes Juventus

Jesus christ his agent must be something special to get that for him
  • Options
    Should bear in mind that it's like United's purchase of Sanchez - saved on the transfer fee in order to give a part of it to the player.
  • Options
    Aaron Ramsey getting 400k P/W when he goes Juventus

Jesus christ his agent must be something special to get that for him
    £21 million a year and people say footballs not fucked.
  • Options
    Should bear in mind that it's like United's purchase of Sanchez - saved on the transfer fee in order to give a part of it to the player.
    What’s Ramsey worth? Transfermarkt.com has him listed at 36m. 400k per week is 20.8m a year. On a four year contract, so that’s an 83m outlay. 

I’d guess that 400k isn’t a flat weekly wage. When he gets injured for a couple of months that would have to drop. Or it really is insane. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    57k a day
  • Options
    JESUS H CHRIST.
  • Options
    Apart from one outstanding season he had in 2014 i think id say hes average. If you asked me to name 25 premier league players better than him i could. 
  • Options
    Probably stretch to more if pushed lol
  • Options
    Apart from one outstanding season he had in 2014 i think id say hes average. If you asked me to name 25 premier league players better than him i could. 
    Disagree mate, personally when not injured he is world class. He has had alot of problems with injuries, otherwise would have been the first name on the team sheet for years for Arsenal. I rate him alot, other than when Wenger played him out on the right. Best position is CAM, would get in most teams and a real loss for Arsenal to lose him imo
  • Options
    stick him in citys side he would not look all that, arsenals best players v rarely deliver when gone elsewhere sanchez being the latest
  • Options
    stick him in citys side he would not look all that, arsenals best players v rarely deliver when gone elsewhere sanchez being the latest
    Sanchez was poor the first half of the season he left Arsenal... 

I do get what you mean a big fish in a smaller pond, but personally i think he would do a good job at City (similar to Gundogan, he wouldn't be the first name on the team sheet but when called upon does well). He would suit City probably more than any other team in the Premier league, surprised he has ended up Juventus but 400k a week is ridiculous evnen on a free
  • Options
    great fan turn out for the anti ESL demonstration .. pity for them that their club's overpaid and underperforming players don't show the same enthusiasm and commitment  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They've certainly turned things around.

Unbeaten in 8 games and above Man United.

The unpredictable nature of football

• Options
    Dave2l said:

I can't decide whether they've turned a corner or just had a fortunate run of fixtures.

They've scraped 1-0 wins against 3 of the divisions worst teams in Norwich, Burnley and Watford, as well as beating 3 pretty out of form teams in Spurs, Villa and Leicester. They were fortunate to draw with Brighton and Palace.

If they beat a top side then it's different but they have Liverpool after the international break and i fully expect them to revert to type.
  • Options
    They’re still a pathetic spineless club.  Their run of results is being masked by the general malaise at the top end of the Prem.  They’re not winners.  Never will be 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    They’re still a pathetic spineless club.  Their run of results is being masked by the general malaise at the top end of the Prem.  They’re not winners.  Never will be 
    Not a gooner then cabbs
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I can't decide whether they've turned a corner or just had a fortunate run of fixtures.

They've scraped 1-0 wins against 3 of the divisions worst teams in Norwich, Burnley and Watford, as well as beating 3 pretty out of form teams in Spurs, Villa and Leicester. They were fortunate to draw with Brighton and Palace.

If they beat a top side then it's different but they have Liverpool after the international break and i fully expect them to revert to type.
    The same Burnley that drew with Chelsea. 

I think they're definitely playing better and in 2021 have the 4th most points total. At the start of the season they had about 6 first teamers out hence the poor results. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I think they're definitely playing better and in 2021 have the 4th most points total. At the start of the season they had about 6 first teamers out hence the poor results. 
    It's the PL, you get results like that. Palace beat City, it doesn't mean they're going to be pushing the top 4 anytime soon.

I do agree that they're improving though, and they've got a clear plan with their recruitment strategy in signing young players 23 and under like Ramsdale, White, Tomiyasu, Odegaard and Lokonga. But they still seem to fold easily when they play the top clubs.

They're also not in Europe so they have a weeks rest between every PL game which obviously helps as well.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

It's the PL, you get results like that. Palace beat City, it doesn't mean they're going to be pushing the top 4 anytime soon.

I do agree that they're improving though, and they've got a clear plan with their recruitment strategy in signing young players 23 and under like Ramsdale, White, Tomiyasu, Odegaard and Lokonga. But they still seem to fold easily when they play the top clubs.

They're also not in Europe so they have a weeks rest between every PL game which obviously helps as well.
    So they're like any of the other 17 teams that play Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool? 

They're clearly the level below and there's a huge gap between those 3 and everyone else. Once West Ham fall away Arsenal have a great chance of picking up that 4th spot depending on whether Conte turns Tottenham around and if United move on from Ole. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

So they're like any of the other 17 teams that play Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool? 

They're clearly the level below and there's a huge gap between those 3 and everyone else. Once West Ham fall away Arsenal have a great chance of picking up that 4th spot depending on whether Conte turns Tottenham around and if United move on from Ole. 

Dave2l said:

A manager turning totteringham around :D managers have been trying that since 1961.  Two bob outfit.
  • Options
    It's a very hard league...whoever you're play against.

Any side that is unbeaten in 8 league games definitely has something about them.

A scrappy 1-0 win is still a win and clean sheet
  • Options
    Arteta also has more wins in his first 100 games as the manager than Wenger managed. Second only to George Graham who incidentally, I feel Arteta is following the blueprint of in making them difficult to beat and whether you win 1-0 or 3-0 you still get 3 points. 

Ramsdale, White, Saka, Smith-Rowe are all young players who could form a spine for a very long time. Tomiyasu and Lokonga have been very underrated signings IMO and their replacement left back Tavares arguably could keep Tierney out. 

Whether they can develop enough as a team and add another central midfielder and striker to challenge the top 4 more consistently only time will tell.