Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal

Comments

• Options
    Addickted said:

Talal said:

Wilshere doesn't really deserve stick when he's got to play alongside Granit Xhaka who is a piss poor excuse for a top flight footballer. Wouldn't even get near City's squad let alone first team.

So you think his £30m transfer fee was a tad excessive?
    Even if it is "only" £30m (I've seen figures of between £30m and £44m quoted) the fact that he is on £110K a week is evidence enough that they are paying too much for him.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Talal said:

Wilshere doesn't really deserve stick when he's got to play alongside Granit Xhaka who is a piss poor excuse for a top flight footballer. Wouldn't even get near City's squad let alone first team.

Even if it is "only" £30m (I've seen figures of between £30m and £44m quoted) the fact that he is on £110K a week is evidence enough that they are paying too much for him.
    Who are you talking about, Xhaka?
  • Options

Addickted said:

Talal said:

Sorry, yes.
  • Options

Addickted said:

Talal said:

Sorry, yes.
    Never knew he was on that, reckon Im worth a bagosand a week if he's on that
  • Options

Missed It said:

Talal said:

I’m not really sure what Arsenal fans expect? They are nowhere near good enough to be in the top 4. 6th place is about right for them. They have about 4 or 5 good players and the rest of the squad are average.

The thing that hurts them most is that Tottenham have overtaken them and are a much better team.

Arsenal should be good enough, they've spent enough money just largely on shit. Same type of players all the time now, it's hard to believe Wenger actually bought Vieira and Petit.
    And had the likes of ray parlour, martin Keown and tony adams. Absolutely no nonsense players who wouldn’t stand for the shenanigans and pussy footing the modern arsenal team goes through. For the last decade they’ve just needed a couple of hard men in their ranks to add some steel and grit. Can’t cost that much to get a bloke who’s a bit of a nutter surely.
    I've had this argument with friends before. Arsenal's league winning teams/invincibles etc. were built on the foundations of the team George Graham put together. Once the last of those players departed, Arsenal haven't had a sniff of winning the league. Those old Arsenal teams might not have been too exciting, but they had a hard faced winning mentality, instilled by George Graham. All Wenger's players care about is how their hair looks on televised matches.

There's been no guts in that team for years and Wenger has never put it right. Maybe he just doesn't want bigger characters than him running the dressing room.
    Did their 2004 unbeaten team have anyone left from the George Graham years?

It's usually a slightly drunken argument so it's maybe not 100% fact checked but I 'm pretty sure at least Parlor and Keown were still there.

I stand by the fact there's nobody with any guts in that team and there never will be while Wenger is picking the players.
  • Options
    Xhaka is a very good player, he is bloody awful defensive midfielder though
  • Options

Xhaka is a very good player, he is bloody awful defensive midfielder though

He's a good scrabble word, but a fairly average midfielder when you consider some of the previous players Arsenal have had (Fabregas, Giberto, Vieira, Petit etc)
  • Options
    granted he isn't as good as 3 of Arsenals best ever players, Gilberto though? Would put him on the same level as Anderson at Man Utd, made to look good by playing in a great side
  • Options
    I'd have Gilberto over Xhaka any day of the week.
    He scores a few belters, that's it, just gives the ball away the rest of the time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:

why ? if u dont like it fuvking dont read it simple or fuvk off to Goonerville

You can't even spell 'fuck'.
    Do you laugh at people in wheelchairs too? What a bellend, GH has been pretty open about his dyslexia in the past yet you still want to mock him for his spelling?
  • Options

Redskin said:

Do you laugh at people in wheelchairs too? What a bellend, GH has been pretty open about his dyslexia in the past yet you still want to mock him for his spelling?
    I didn't know about his dyslexia.
    'Laugh at people in wheelchairs'. Really?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Dyslexia doesn't excuse irrational hatred and saying "so he will go to "teach" kids to be a twat ----nice" is somewhat irrational given the work that he does do for charity - and I bet he doesn't only go to see Arsenal fans when he does visit hospitals either.
  • Options

Dyslexia doesn't excuse irrational hatred and "saying so he will go to "teach" kids to be a twat ----nice" is somewhat irrational given the work that he does do for charity - and I bet he doesn't only go to see Arsenal fans when he does visit hospitals either.

So call out the point, pulling people up on their spelling is ridiculous.
  • Options

Dyslexia doesn't excuse irrational hatred and "saying so he will go to "teach" kids to be a twat ----nice" is somewhat irrational given the work that he does do for charity - and I bet he doesn't only go to see Arsenal fans when he does visit hospitals either.

I didn't but he was pulled by someone else for his tainting all Arsenal players with the same brush and he reacted by effectively telling that poster to fxxx off. Which is ridiculous.
  • Options

You're not obliged to be literal when making your argument; you can afford yourself as much artistic licence as you like.I made a glib comment to highlight the absurdity of his own.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

You're not obliged to be literal when making your argument; you can afford yourself as much artistic licence as you like.I made a glib comment to highlight the absurdity of his own.
    A misplaced comment, imo, you disagree, that's life.
  • Options
    'A misplaced comment'? Righto...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyway, getting back to Arseshit
  • Options
    I shouldn't be stumbling over this bickering. What happened to the argument alert thread ?
  • Options

Redskin said:

If you look at the keyboard v is next to c. #justsaying.
  • Options
    I think he realises that Arsenal are a small club now. Because unless you're in the Champions League.......
  • Options
    I like Arsenal
  • Options
    They're awful today... Brighton should have daylight between themselves and Arsenal here!!
  • Options
    Losing 2.0 now hahaha
  • Options
    This was so predictable I should have had money on it.
  • Options
    Their defending is an absolute jokeshop. They somehow are looking worse than they did against City!