Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Aribo (*Update Page 6* Rumour he is to reject contract and move to Bundesliga)

Comments

• Good news
  • Never seen him, any good?
  • Potentially.
  • edited December 2016
    SDAddick said:

Good. If there is one thing this regime has been much better about it's signing young players to long term contracts.

Agreed, although they appear to always include a very low release clause in them
  • Huskaris said:

I hear people claiming he has potential.

Is this the kind of potential where people on here say he is worth £10m, where in reality he is worth £5m, and then we sell him for £1m to a Prem club, that kind of potential, or released on a free to a Championship club potential?

I don't know, but he looks like a potential first teamer for L1 and has more in his legs than most of our midfield.
  • Seems like the only positive news the club can push out these days. Potentially good youth products signing professional terms or new contracts etc

By the law of averages some will never make it, some will. But it does seem to me that more and more it's all the club have got left in terms of pushing out what they perceive as good news.

I would've preferred to see 3 or 4 days of comms about a win at Millwall as that would've been something to write home about. Nothing against joe aribo but I just don't care for this sort of news anymore
  • Probably a Championship player at his fullest potential. He's got to break into a League One team first though.
  • Kids and grown ups love him so...
  • Sponsored links:

• Played with absolutely no fear at all the other week against MK!OK made the mistake for their first but didn't let his head drop and even more impressively didn't stop attempting turns in the middle of the park!looked more than in his element!

Think we may find Robinson rely on him an awful lot more this season.
  • Good news and good luck.

A player we picked from non-league now on the fringe of the first team.

Anyone whose seen him is the Patrick Viera comparison valid?

I thought he was more of a winger than a centre mid.

Too early to say what his potential is, but he played the combative central midfield role well given the context and early mistake. Did not strike me as a winger ... or Patrick Viera.

He was called a winger when he came in but I believe he's mainly played CM for the u23/u21s.
  • Scoham said:

Sweet

Something to chew on at last!
  • This isnt Fantastic news... Iiiiiits TANGFASTIC NEWS!!
  • edited December 2016

Good news and good luck.

I believe when we signed him, he was more of a 10 that could play out wide. Since being here he has adapted to a deeper role in order to fit into the 433 of the u21s/u23s.
  • Sponsored links:

I believe when we signed him, he was more of a 10 that could play out wide. Since being here he has adapted to a deeper role in order to fit into the 433 of the u21s/u23s.
    Ahh I see @Scoham has beat me to it...

Ahh I see @Scoham has beat me to it...
    And me.

It's worth noting that Vieira was more box-to-box and creative when he was younger, which might be what Robinson was referring to (or it could be that Aribo has long skinny legs).

As far as the release clauses go, I completely agree we've sold some players (academy and non-academy) too low, but it's hard to know exactly what the release clauses are, and those can be difficult to negotiate.
  • Well done Joe although Viera comparisons for a 20 year old who is yet to establish himself in a League One side with its main weakness being in his CM position seems likely to be wide of the mark somewhat.
  • I reckon @Scoham needs to make his PA -10 (if you still use minus figures for FM anymore!)
  • not yet seen him play .. I hope that not too many expectations are laid on him and that he can develop into a decent midfielder .. to burden him already with the label 'the new Vieira' is just ridiculous
  • Let's hope he plays more than 15 games for Charlton before our Belgian overlords cash him in!
  • its a shame we've got to the stage when I hear a promising youngster has signed a new contract that rather than showing delight, the first emotion i think is, Roland must be pleased, more money in his pocket further down the line.