Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joe Aribo (*Update Page 6* Rumour he is to reject contract and move to Bundesliga)

Comments

• I hate to say I told you so but I have been going on about Aribo for a while.
  • dickplumb said:

I hate to say I told you so but I have been going on about Aribo for a while.

Now you tell us...
  • It was all my idea to play Aribo, I have been texting Roland telling him he needs to email the coaching staff explaining how to play him
  • It was all my idea to play Aribo, I have been texting Roland telling him he needs to email the coaching staff explaining how to play him

I hope you included in the email that players are allowed to head the ball, because of that (combined with the height of Magennis) we should try some long balls up the pitch to see if he can get on the end of them.

After all thats what they do in Belgium
  • Scoham said:

I remember Euell saw Aribo breaking into the first team when he was on trial in July 2015:

That was the Dulwich friendly
  • SDAddick said:

Did Aribo go with the rest of the (heavily depleted) squad to Austria in what was supposed to be the great team bonding and training moment of our pre-season? I don't think he did. I remain baffled by Slade's blindness to our midfield problems. Whatever you think of Robinson, he is a much better coach than Slade.

Doesnt look like it... the same day we played Maccabi; Joe was playing for the XI against Dulwich Hamlet

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/pre-season-report-dulwich-hamlet-x-charlton-x-3194651.aspx
  • SDAddick said:

Did Aribo go with the rest of the (heavily depleted) squad to Austria in what was supposed to be the great team bonding and training moment of our pre-season? I don't think he did. I remain baffled by Slade's blindness to our midfield problems. Whatever you think of Robinson, he is a much better coach than Slade.

Doesnt look like it... the same day we played Maccabi; Joe was playing for the XI against Dulwich Hamlet

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/pre-season-report-dulwich-hamlet-x-charlton-x-3194651.aspx
    Good find QA. Slade is now our past so it feels a bit silly to keep having a go at him, but I really don' think he was up to much as a coach. Did us great favors signing Rudd and Magennis, and to his credit he did give Konsa a run in the side, but I really don't think he was up for the job of managing a club with our expectations.
  • Using this thread rather than starting another, but I'm amazed that Aribo has made NO league appearances this season, not even off the bench. Konsa has been preferred in midfield, while KAG has been chosen in the wide roles, both positions which come naturally to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• thought he was supposed to be the new Patrick Viera? Wasn't it Gobinson himself who said that?
  • thought he was supposed to be the new Patrick Viera? Wasn't it Gobinson himself who said that?

He just said he had a certain style like Vieira, not that he was the next Vieira.
  • SDAddick said:

thought he was supposed to be the new Patrick Viera? Wasn't it Gobinson himself who said that?

He just said he had a certain style like Vieira, not that he was the next Vieira.
    Well we certainly could have done with someone a bit like Vieira in midfield last night!
  • Surprised he hasn't made an appearance in the league and am surprised that they have preferred to play Konsa out of position instead of Aribo.

I do however think that if it was Forster-Caskey who came off last night instead of Kashi, we would've seen Aribo come on.
  • Using this thread rather than starting another, but I'm amazed that Aribo has made NO league appearances this season, not even off the bench. Konsa has been preferred in midfield, while KAG has been chosen in the wide roles, both positions which come naturally to him.

Excellent debut v Brissle Rovers but is he genuinely any good outside of that one game? Genuine question as I have not seen enough of him but always thought he would suffer from being over hyped by Robo after that one game.

Excellent debut v Brissle Rovers but is he genuinely any good outside of that one game? Genuine question as I have not seen enough of him but always thought he would suffer from being over hyped by Robo after that one game.
    Didn't go last season to the Southend away game but many said he was brilliant that day too. He's got the ability to be a good player.
  • http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15566687.Robinson_seeks_improvements_from_Charlton_midfielder/

He told News Shopper: “Joe is fine. He’s a great, young kid. All the kids who have come through this academy under Steve Avory are tremendous people.

“I feel Joe has to add goals to his game. He needs to vary his passing range. He’s fantastic in tight areas.

“But you see Ahmed Kashi and Jake Forster-Caskey opening up and hitting big diagonal balls and Jake getting forward into the box and trying to score.

“So there are fundamental aspects of Joe’s game that if you spoke to him, he would echo what I’m saying now.

“He has a plan, we work on it with him and just try to make him a more rounded player.”
  • Surely Joe could have been given a chance in the attacking 3?

It seems ridiculous KR moaning about our small squad when Joe hasn't played a minute in the league

To be fair Billy Clarke hasnt done enough to be dropped from the starting eleven in place of Aribo

The fact that when Clarke is replaced its by Ahearne-Grant rather than Aribo says a lot though

It seems ridiculous KR moaning about our small squad when Joe hasn't played a minute in the league

To be fair Billy Clarke hasnt done enough to be dropped from the starting eleven in place of Aribo

The fact that when Clarke is replaced its by Ahearne-Grant rather than Aribo says a lot though
    Not to replace Clarke, but as a substitute or replacement for Holmes last week. Or even as a tactical replacement for Fosu in matches where we need someone slightly more defensive.
  • Sponsored links:

• is he no longer Vieira like then?

This, Im a KR fan but the way he hypes up players, the next 'Dele Ali' Aribo was in Jan and yet to make a start in September.
  • I think Aribo is more of a box to box player, a potential replacement for JFC who has completed most matches. To replace him Joe needs a goal threat so KR makes a good call. But when we are being bullied I think Joe is more physical than Jake who can go missing.

Not to replace Clarke, but as a substitute or replacement for Holmes last week. Or even as a tactical replacement for Fosu in matches where we need someone slightly more defensive.
    Yeah, although Konsa has gotten that shout to date.

Genuine question, I know he played out wide for Staines and U21s, but do you think Aribo would be effective in the attacking three in our system? I'm not convinced, though I agree he's worth being given a shot.

This, Im a KR fan but the way he hypes up players, the next 'Dele Ali' Aribo was in Jan and yet to make a start in September.
    It's almost like he's on a commission if Joe's sold and wanted to make a fast buck.
  • I said it on another thread. Aribo was captain against Welling in the KSC game, nd was completely anonymous.

I am a big fan, and was calling on him to be called up long before he was, but has gone backwards this season.

I couldn't tell you why...
  • edited December 2017
    New song of aribo.

This girl can (kungs)

Du du du du du du joe ariboooooo
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5S1rhri6uRY
  • Did ok yesterday but definitely better played further forward, in our current formation he should play behind magennis with konsa or djksteel playing alongside kashi
  • Not the finished article but miles better than Reeves. May play in a different position but to me he's still a midfielder. Play Holmes & Marshall wide, Aribo & JFC (when fit) in the middle. KAG & Mavvy up front. When Fosu is back then drop Marshall, put Holmes left & Fosu right.
  • Not the finished article but miles better than Reeves. May play in a different position but to me he's still a midfielder. Play Holmes & Marshall wide, Aribo & JFC (when fit) in the middle. KAG & Mavvy up front. When Fosu is back then drop Marshall, put Holmes left & Fosu right.

100% agree with the better than Reeves comment golfie, ran himself into the ground yesterday. Considering the money KR had to spend this season I feel he's wasted some wages on Reeves which would've been better spent on a striker.