Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Lewis Christmas ad.

Just seen the new Christmas ad. It's pretty good to be fair, but I can't believe those foxes didn't leave a little present of their own.

Comments

• Not as good as past years... Cant believe it cost them £7m to make it
  • Not as good as the last few years imo.

Also, you've got to question how believable it is for a hedgehog to use a trampoline like that.

You're right, they'd have a much smaller trampoline than that.

• another thing, putting together a trampoline should be a two man job!
  • another thing, putting together a trampoline should be a two man job!

Fecking Unions.....
  • Would also be more believable if they were playing on this trampoline!!

• Be covered in fox shit in reality.
  • Stick a couple of snares in the garden for them foxes, finish em off with the shotgun. Can have em jumping on a kids trampoline like that
  • Sponsored links:

• big "cinematic experience" again. Sure it will lead to more awards for the creative agency
  • Its pretty crap if you ask me. Not as good as the last few years thats for sure.
  • Kids gonna get bitten by fleas when they finally get a chance on that trampoline...
  • Macronate said:

I had £5 on Leicester, Brexit, Trump and foxes, a badger, squirrel, hedgehog and dog bouncing up and down on a trampoline in the John Lewis Christmas ad.

Drinks on you.
  • Not as good as past years... Cant believe it cost them £7m to make it

I thought it was £1m then £6m on advertising space....including a screening tonight at their flagship store. A screening. For an advert.
  • Macronate said:

I had £5 on Leicester, Brexit, Trump and foxes, a badger, squirrel, hedgehog and dog bouncing up and down on a trampoline in the John Lewis Christmas ad.

You should be able to buy out Roland with that little lot!
  • It would have been better if in the morning there were bits of animals eaten by the foxes on the trampoline with blood everywhere. Then the dog jumps on it, and starts eating what's left.
  • The fake one done by an A level student is better and probably cost 7 quid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

The fake one done by an A level student is better and probably cost 7 quid.

And I preferred his one! Sign him up John Lewis!
  • All fun and games until they catch TB from the badger.
  • All fun and games until they catch TB from the badger.

Fact check!
  • I'm going to say the same thing I've said for the last two years:

It's a failure because it's NOTHING TO DO WITH CHRISTMAS.

That whole thing could have taken place in the summer time. In fact, putting a trampoline up would make a whole lot more f***ing sense.

I can't explain how angry this makes me. I have no idea why I care.
  • Also, what was the message this time around? Something about being selfless, giving to others, spending time with family?

No, it was "We have gifts for everyone - Spend money at conglomerate"
  • edited November 2016

olster said:

Not as good as past years... Cant believe it cost them £7m to make it

I thought it was £1m then £6m on advertising space....including a screening tonight at their flagship store. A screening. For an advert.

A thread. For an advert.
    If only it was just for advent.
  • Also, what was the message this time around? Something about being selfless, giving to others, spending time with family?

No, it was "We have gifts for everyone - Spend money at conglomerate"

About f*cking time as well. It's about time the John Lewis Christmas Ad actually sold something.
  • I was in John Lewis last night, the advert is everywhere, along with a large stock of cuddly toy Boxer dogs.