Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Lewis Christmas ad.

Comments

• Having watched those ads, I've discovered you can snivel and puke at the same time.
  • I find the Aldi Christmas ad disturbing. A carrot struggling to get onto the Christmas Dinner table. I'm glad we  were spared the dicing scene that followed. 
    Yes that Kevin the carrot certainly has a death wish.
  • Same as all those blackcurrants that want to go to the Ribena factory to get squashed to death....disturbing!!
  • And the basketball playing chicken in the KFC ads. 
  • Dizzle said:
    Even John Lewis have given up on 2020.  

An appalling mess of a jumbled advert. The message is great, the actual advert is a shocker.
    Just seen it and agree with this
    I really like the advert having just seen it for this time. I like the way it cuts between animation and keeps the narrative going - I like the message and the song.

John Lewis apparently wanted to use a mix of animation to give people work in the creative industries.

• The ‘Plenty’ xmas ad disturbed me at the start and i feel like I need to watch again to check what I think I saw but can’t bring myself to. 
  • The McDonald's ad got to me for some reason lol, not sure why but I got a bit emotional after watching it.
  • The ‘Plenty’ xmas ad disturbed me at the start and i feel like I need to watch again to check what I think I saw but can’t bring myself to. 
    What advert is that ? 
  • MrOneLung said:
    The ‘Plenty’ xmas ad disturbed me at the start and i feel like I need to watch again to check what I think I saw but can’t bring myself to. 
    What advert is that ? 
    Just watched it and wish I hadn't. Advert for Plenty paper towels.

• Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

I kept waiting for the John Lewis ad to get better... and it never did.
  • The McDonald's ad got to me for some reason lol, not sure why but I got a bit emotional after watching it.
    Lovin it?
  • Like the way Brut has got Vinnie Jones in taking the piss out of all those ridiculous over the top perfume and deodorant adverts.
  • edited November 2020
    Posting without reading the rest of the thread - anyone have issues with the Tesco ad? Maybe I am having a sense of humour failure but I think the trivialising of not singing Happy Birthday, saying there is no naughty step etc is irresponsible for their profit. The supermarkets are one of those who have done well out of the covid situation and I think saying there is no naughty step (edit naughty list!) puts unnecessary pressure on parents at a difficult time in an unprecedented year.
  • No naughty list not naughty step. 

Quite like the advert myself
  • MrOneLung said:
    The ‘Plenty’ xmas ad disturbed me at the start and i feel like I need to watch again to check what I think I saw but can’t bring myself to. 
    What advert is that ? 

Sorry! 
  • MrOneLung said:
    What advert is that ? 

Sorry! 
    What an awful advert.
    Lovin it?
    No I really wasnt lol.

For anyone that hasn't seen it yet

https://youtu.be/QJntbYytPz8

• Not a Christmas ad, but I love The Nat West one where the little girl retrieves the pound coin from the trolley. She looks so pleased walking back to the car, only for her dad to take it off her when she gets back. We normally record programmes with adverts and watch them  a little while later, but if I catch sight of it I rewind and watch it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a Christmas ad, but I love The Nat West one where the little girl retrieves the pound coin from the trolley. She looks so pleased walking back to the car, only for her dad to take it off her when she gets back. We normally record programmes with adverts and watch them  a little while later, but if I catch sight of it I rewind and watch it.
    My favourite ad.
  • that's Phil Oakey back at No 1 then !
  • Absolutely love that song....always have....takes me back to my younger days!!! So its a YES from me!!
  • Brilliant - Once again from John Lewis.
  • A really sweet advert.
  • Surprised we ain’t give the alien a three bedroom house n benefits bruv.

Nah pretty good from them again not sure it beats the old chap n the telescope from a few years back though!
  • Absolutely love that song....always have....takes me back to my younger days!!! So its a YES from me!!
    Agreed, one of the first guitar solo's I ever learnt!
  • They've really broken new ground with this one.