Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Lewis Christmas ad.

Comments

• edited November 2017
    i fucking love Christmas, now wheres that diabetic coke truck.
  • WSS said:

His nose looks like a shaved testicle

That is an extraordinary wrinkle free testicle if so :lol:
  • Loving Moz The Monster

Guy Garvey sings The Beatles. Still prefer Macca singing it.
  • Terrible cover.
  • Dazzler21 said:

WSS said:

His nose looks like a shaved testicle

That is an extraordinary wrinkle free testicle if so :lol:
    Looks like he’s pinched Marcus Rashford’s nose.
  • £7m quid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds about right. Live action TVC with some VFX work with a high profile star in it.
  • edited November 2018

£7m quid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That won't be the cost of creating the actual ad. It'll include media buying/planning Xmas schedule and costs as well as what JLP pays its creative and media agencies, i.e the campaign cost.
  • Sponsored links:

The fact that everyone to hard nosed, tough guy, nawty geezer playboy shagger types like us lot on football forums are even discussing it point to it being a very good investment.

Good value to ensure the gradual instalment of your annual advert as a national institution that's discussed extensively before it even airs.
  • Not watched it, but obviously can hear his voice echoing round my office (extra interest here!)

I never knew John Lewis sold Piano's!
  • That is a good advert.

I think Elton doesn't always get the credit for having such a great soul voice.
  • edited November 2018

The fact that everyone to hard nosed, tough guy, nawty geezer playboy shagger types like us lot on football forums are even discussing it point to it being a very good investment.

Good value to ensure the gradual instalment of your annual advert as a national institution that's discussed extensively before it even airs.
    I get your point but they could probably spend a 10th of that price and the same people would still talk about it because as you rightly say, the JL Christmas ad is now an institution.
  • Used to love it, especially when my son was younger, but hate how long it is now. it starts far too early. I'm fed up with it by the time I should be getting into it!
  • Really enjoyed the advert. Why can't people just enjoy things rather than moaning about money, this and that.

Whenever something happens, everyone is lined up to take pot shots at it. I suspect there is someone sat at their keyboard absolutely seething with rage that they used Elton John.

Get a grip man and enjoy life.
  • Nowhere near as good as usual. Predictable and dull.
  • Nice bit of advertising for the RocketMan film.
  • Not really a Xmas ad, load of old shite
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

Not really a Xmas ad, load of old shite

Define "Xmas Ad"?

• edited November 2018

That won't be the cost of creating the actual ad. It'll include media buying/planning Xmas schedule and costs as well as what JLP pays its creative and media agencies, i.e the campaign cost.
    precisely. Once you break down where all the money goes you'll realise it's pretty reasonable.

large Ad agencies are indeed cancerous monopolising and slow moving beasts, but as long as big brands like john lewis pay them they'll always be knocking around.
  • shine166 said:

Define "Xmas Ad"?

is Die Hard a Christmas movie?
  • WSS said:

shine166 said:

Define "Xmas Ad"?

is Die Hard a Christmas movie?
    Never seen it.
  • No idea how this advert is actually promoting John lewis, unless they're hoping that everyone will rush there to buy a piano! I checked, they do sell digital pianos
  • No idea how this advert is actually promoting John lewis, unless they're hoping that everyone will rush there to buy a piano! I checked, they do sell digital pianos

In the past they usually have sold some merchandise linked to their Advert

Whether it be cuddly toys or trampolines like last year for example
  • Well, I like it! I was expecting the see a Hornets shirt somewhere in it.
  • Elton John Lewis.
    That’s all I’ve got :neutral: