Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Lewis Christmas ad.

Comments

• edited November 2016

I was in John Lewis last night, the advert is everywhere, along with a large stock of cuddly toy Boxer dogs.

I'm surprised they're not selling the trampoline

Edit... Ignore that; they are http://www.johnlewis.com/plum-space-zone-ii-8ft-trampoline-accessory-pack/p3073928
  • No mention of christmas...so not to alienate non christians me thinks....
  • No mention of christmas...so not to alienate non christians me thinks....

Over thought post is over thought.
  • I was in John Lewis last night, the advert is everywhere, along with a large stock of cuddly toy Boxer dogs.

I'm surprised they're not selling the trampoline
    Sales are up & down.
    They'll be through their roof come Christmas Eve!!
  • can't be a Christmas ad, there is snow on the ground
  • M&S Christmas advert airs tonight - 9pm during Gogglebox

I've seen the M&S ad already Suzi and it's very much along the lines of the previous John Lewis ads. It will tug at the heartstrings a little.
  • What I hate about these Christmas adverts is the way people moan about the message they send:

i.e. Man on the moon was creepy for looking into a kids room, erm no it was meant so that you dont forget any relatives who might be on their own.

This year it seems people are saying that the little girl will get TB from the animals that use the trampoline etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• crap ad....the only thing foxes do on our trampoline is shit all over it
  • Very disappointed that during the advert, neither the mum or dad took any steps to risk assess the situation they were faced with in the garden, and compile suitable documentation to hand to their daughter before she went to use the trampoline (although of course Buster jumped in first).
  • I prefer the Jackamo advert personally.
  • Pity John Lewis cannot think of a more Christian way of spending £7m at Christmas - and I'm an agnostic. I am also not much into anthropomorphism.
  • What I hate about these Christmas adverts is the way people moan about the message they send:

i.e. Man on the moon was creepy for looking into a kids room, erm no it was meant so that you dont forget any relatives who might be on their own.

This year it seems people are saying that the little girl will get TB from the animals that use the trampoline etc.

No she'll get leprosy from the squirrels!
  • Perhaps we should have a law against any Xmas Advertising or related crap in the shops until the start of Advent.
  • It's just an advert.
  • The very fact so many people are talking about it makes it money well spent.

I've seen the M&S ad already Suzi and it's very much along the lines of the previous John Lewis ads. It will tug at the heartstrings a little.
    I managed to 'hear' it at a screening last week where the room was too packed to see any more than the left quarter of the screen but the tear wiping and 'awwwwww' afterwards from the whole room confirmed it was more emotional than last years! Still intriegued by the slot tonight though so although away this weekend I'm going to record the whole of gogglebox!
  • Exactly Henry, its just an advert guys. If you plan your TV schedule properly and don't watch live TV you will never have to watch it.

The FF button was invented for adverts.
  • Sponsored links:

Does it pulls on the heart strings and make people tearful because it shows the poor M&S staff that will lose their jobs next year?

I know, fancy having a joke about stuff on TV, eh? Bastards.
  • sm said:

Pity John Lewis cannot think of a more Christian way of spending £7m at Christmas - and I'm an agnostic. I am also not much into anthropomorphism.

The Wildlife Trusts will be benefiting from the sale of the merchandise - a very worthwhile cause.
  • Its Ok its a bit of fun job done
  • edited November 2016
    Can't work out whether you lot are just miserable hard-nosed bastards or I'm the soppiest soft fool in the world! Having kids just seemed to turn on an emotional tap in me that I just can't turn back off and I am now like an old woman!

I think this years advert is well cute, not to 'Monty' extent which had be blubbering until about March, but cute none the less.

Don't like the sound of the M&S one @suzisausage , can't be doing with more tears on a Friday night !
  • edited November 2016
    Soppy old sod AFKA. It will make you blub buckets if you have kids of your own I promise you.
  • sm said:

Pity John Lewis cannot think of a more Christian way of spending £7m at Christmas - and I'm an agnostic. I am also not much into anthropomorphism.

Da Fuque?
  • Can't work out whether you lot are just miserable hard-nosed bastards or I'm the sloppiest soft fool in the world! Having kids just seemed to turn on an emotional tap in me that I just can't turn back off and I am now like an old woman!

I think this years advert is well cute, not to 'Monty' extent which had be blubbering until about March, but cute none the less.

Don't like the sound of the M&S one @suzisausage , can't be doing with more tears on a Friday night !

I hope you have stayed away from the Walnuts last walk thread then