Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England squad

Comments

• How did the home and away socks get muddled up?
  • The worry is Rooney and even Jack Wilshere will probably be starters even if they aren't fully fit.

Can see why Sturridge and Welbeck are in the squad as Hodgson has faith in them but Walcott is living on past glories.

What past glories?

We could have won the World Cup in 2006 had Sven taken England's Top Scorer from the Premier League season that year (Darren Bent) instead he succumbed to pier pressure and took a 17-year old who has done sweet fa!!

There were rumours of him going to West Ham a few days ago, it'll be like Tom Cleverely, the moment he leaves one of the top clubs he'll be straight out of contention for the England squad which is just a joke!!
  • Got some good players who if left to be creative and take risks could be genuine threats v the better sides.

The massive problem for England is that defence. Cahill will start even though he has being truley horrendous all season.

Theo Walcott, poor guy, is probably baffled as to how he got a call up himself. Moronic pick by Roy.
  • Well I meant his hat-trick all those years ago Croatia - maybe should have said past glory...
  • Well I meant his hat-trick all those years ago Croatia - maybe should have said past glory...

I never saw that victory against Croatia being that big.

It was only because of McClaren messing with tactics / formations that we lost out there, for me the 4-1 win was just a return to normality

It was only because of McClaren messing with tactics / formations that we lost out there, for me the 4-1 win was just a return to normality
    Completely disagree. I think that night at Wembley was the Golden Generation (TM) getting found out for not being a very good collective. That Croatia side went to the semi-finals of the Euros that year, and played some brilliant stuff. I think the 4-1 was a combination of Croatia having injuries, England getting an early goal and thus being able to sit deeper and counter against a slow Croatian backline, and the fact that the back of that Croatian side was aging even at Wembley.

I can't remember who said it at the time, I think it was someone on F365, but they said they on the night thought that would be the highlight of Walcott's career. I agreed then and still agree.
  • edited March 2016
    SDAddick said:

Well I meant his hat-trick all those years ago Croatia - maybe should have said past glory...

Completely disagree. I think that night at Wembley was the Golden Generation (TM) getting found out for not being a very good collective. That Croatia side went to the semi-finals of the Euros that year, and played some brilliant stuff. I think the 4-1 was a combination of Croatia having injuries, England getting an early goal and thus being able to sit deeper and counter against a slow Croatian backline, and the fact that the back of that Croatian side was aging even at Wembley.

I can't remember who said it at the time, I think it was someone on F365, but they said they on the night thought that would be the highlight of Walcott's career. I agreed then and still agree.
    What about the 5-1 at home that campaign?

England teams really can not win.

We were always streets in front of any qualfication group. Different story in the main competitons.

The fact we didn't qualify for euro 2008 behind Russia and Croatia was utterly criminal.
  • As is Danny Welbeck... Surely has to be a love child of Woy

I can kind of get Welbeck though. He's a goal threat and since coming back from injury he's been decent for Arsenal.
    Wellbeck has justified his place by playing well for England.

Walcott and, to an extent, Sterling though....
    Swisdom said:

This'll no doubt be the Squad... Really can see it being a fight between Kane / Vardy for the England Striker spot with Rooney taking the other place when he gets back

Hart
    Walker ... Cahill ... Jagielka ... Rose
    Henderson ... Milner
    Lallana

Sterling ... Kane ... Welbeck

A piece of me will die inside if this is the case.
    Cahill is the new Ferdinand - automatically gets a place regardless of form
    Same goes for
    Jagielka the new Terry
    Lallana is the new Lampard
    Henderson the new gerrard

And to an extent Hart. He's really not as great as some make out

Jagielka is a bit underated imo. Not a world superstar for sure, but Everton have improved a lot defensively since he's been back from injury.
  • Henderson and Milner! It's just so painful!!
  • This'll no doubt be the Squad... Really can see it being a fight between Kane / Vardy for the England Striker spot with Rooney taking the other place when he gets back

Hart
    Walker ... Cahill ... Jagielka ... Rose
    Henderson ... Milner
    Lallana
    Sterling ... Kane ... Welbeck

I sincerely hope Rooney is not fit for the Euros.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope Rooney is fit, and hodgson has the balls not to include him in the squad.

But that's one parallel world where the England manager has balls and team selection isn't dictated by a bunch of morons.

I've changed my mind, I hope Rooney is not considered due to injury.
  • edited March 2016
    It is going to be bad enough seeing us run around like a bunch of """""" in the group games without Rooney there gurning his way through games with his new hair exactly 20mm behind him at all times...
  • Welbeck hasn't been too bad for Arsenal recently.

Walcott shouldn't be in the team however. Been average for about 5 years now. I'd have probably picked Lingard or Deeney over him.
  • edited March 2016
    No place for the space monkey?
  • De Gae, Pique, Ramos, iniesta, Costa, fabregas, busquets, silva, pedro, alba, mata, isco, morata...

It's hard to admit but every single one of these players are better than any player in that England squad.

There could be miracles just look at Greece... But I can't see past Spain unless Germany do something magical.

Their squad doesn't look bad either with Ozil, Reus, Muller, Neuer, Kroos, Gomez, Gotze, Schweinsteiger, hummels, khedira, Boateng, schurrle, draxler, gundogan.

You never know, Deli may show a moment of magic and get us a winner in the final. But our squad looks very weak when you compare it to the big boys. Even if we are playing them for experience for future tournaments the players probably won't win those either. Anyway thought I would add my optimistic two pennies worth.
  • If people dont want Rooney going to the Euros who would they have as Captain?
  • edited March 2016
    dizzee said:

If people dont want Rooney going to the Euros who would they have as Captain?

Walcott or Sterling
    Even they're shocked at your comment!!

• I'd stick one of our chickens in there ahead of Walcott

None of ours are English though...
    They are, because I'm pure bred English (Apart from my kidney) and I'm the one who's gonna eat em. Makes em English in my book
    What makes someone pure bred English? 100% Angle from Germany? Celt? A bit of Celt, Angle, Saxon, Jute, Dane, Norseman and Norman? Maybe some Pict or Scot, down south on a business trip and had a bit of fun?
  • dizzee said:

De Gae, Pique, Ramos, iniesta, Costa, fabregas, busquets, silva, pedro, alba, mata, isco, morata...

It's hard to admit but every single one of these players are better than any player in that England squad.

There could be miracles just look at Greece... But I can't see past Spain unless Germany do something magical.

Their squad doesn't look bad either with Ozil, Reus, Muller, Neuer, Kroos, Gomez, Gotze, Schweinsteiger, hummels, khedira, Boateng, schurrle, draxler, gundogan.

You never know, Deli may show a moment of magic and get us a winner in the final. But our squad looks very weak when you compare it to the big boys. Even if we are playing them for experience for future tournaments the players probably won't win those either. Anyway thought I would add my optimistic two pennies worth.

I agree with your point but Mata, Pedro and Costa have been extremely average this season
  • Sponsored links:

• dizzee said:

De Gae, Pique, Ramos, iniesta, Costa, fabregas, busquets, silva, pedro, alba, mata, isco, morata...

I agree with your point but Mata, Pedro and Costa have been extremely average this season
    They have, but they've been in incredibly average teams who are under performing for whatever reasons. But at the end of the day if England had those three in our line up, I'd be a lot more confident than having Walcott, Sterling and Rooney.
  • As is Danny Welbeck... Surely has to be a love child of Woy

Not that one good game makes an international quality footballer, but Welbeck is having a superb game today
  • I have no idea who half the players are, another 2 seasons and il be the same with Charlton.... The modern game is boring
  • Team tomorrow is
    Butland, Clyne, Smalling, Cahill (c), Rose, Henderson, Dier, Alli, Lallana, Welbeck, Kane
  • Annoyed that Henderson, Lallana and welbeck are all starting! All having very average seasons and well welbeck has barely kicked a ball all season....bizarre. Sooner Hodgson is gone the better IMO he should have gone after the World Cup. Danny rose deserves a call up, pleased for him. Hope Vardy gets a decent run out in both matches.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Team tomorrow is
    Butland, Clyne, Smalling, Cahill (c), Rose, Henderson, Dier, Alli, Lallana, Welbeck, Kane

Drinkwater deserves a chance more than anyone. Hopefully he will start against Holland.

Lallana has been average and has been more than outshone by firmino and coutinho. Would prefer Barkley to him.
  • dizzee said:

If people dont want Rooney going to the Euros who would they have as Captain?

Walcott or Sterling
    Clearly a joke.
    C_A_F_C said:

Team tomorrow is

Hodgson's obsession with Lallana is a joke.
  • Eurgh Henderson
  • Ross said:

Daniel Fucking Sturridge

Proactive squad bonding by Mr. Rose?
  • Ross said:

Daniel Fucking Sturridge

Proactive squad bonding by Mr. Rose?
    Nothing new. Move along.