Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SLP Meets Roland...

Comments

• Richard looks a bit like Danny murphy
  • edited February 2016
    Really interested to read this. Cawley has been privy to the reality of what has been going on there over the last few years and was close to Powell and his team, so will know full well when Roland is being economical with the truth. Seems a fair portion will be published next week, but a number of key issues to be covered tomorrow.
  • Could be interesting
  • edited February 2016
    Meh, this is going to be another long dragged out affair I guess:

Fair play to Richard for getting the interview, and it will be good to actually see what Roland has to say. I can't blame him for stretching the material out either - but it just seems like everything relies around waiting at the moment. Clear and concise communications made in a timely fashion would be great.
  • Richard looks a bit like Danny murphy

Yes and Roland looks a bit like a down and out.
  • Come on @richcawleySLP , give us a clue:

Is he a) defiant, b) conciliatory, c) pissed off

Is he over to a) give Katrien a hug, b) fire her arse, c) experience the delights of SE London public transport
  • Richard should have worn a dog collar. Then Roly might have started confessing and accepting some penance!,
  • Good to see. Will look forward to reading it.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but are we about to sign two Russian strikers, Glasnost and Perestroika
  • Sponsored links:

• Great work by Richard Cawley, again. By far the best 'external' journalist out there that covers Charlton.
  • Except he isn't down and out and unfortunately for CAFC won't be that for a long time
  • Pity Roland does not want to speak with the fans.Wish i was on that train yesterday.Would have taken more than a photo.
  • PL54 said:

Could be interesting

Would hope so. He comes across as a good journo so hopefully had the integrity to have grilled him based upon the widespread feeling of discontent rather than the flaccid bland and generic questions many reporters are usually pressured into agreeing to ask to secure such interviews in football.

Says a lot that he's gone to the bother of doing an interview. Maybe wanting to connect with the supporters or maybe lost faith in Meire's ability to do so.

Or maybe Meire has advised him to.

Or maybe he was just walking round Charlton village confused and thought Cawley was a chugger and stopped for a chat.
  • WSS said:
    Old Roly looks very apprehensive to me. I hope Cawley is giving him a proper grilling.
  • Ah......as the great Phil Lynott said - Don't Believe a Word.

In 12 months time - when we are in the bottom 6 of L1, this article will read like a Fawlty Towers script.

The Belgians have to go - whatever they say - we have to get them out to secure our long term future as a football CLUB.
  • WSS said:
    Old Roly looks very apprehensive to me. I hope Cawley is giving him a proper grilling.
    Just as long as he didn't get his gastronomic terms muddled, I really don't want to know about the roasting....
  • Sponsored links:

• Will it be a long interview, spread over the week in dribs and drabs, and at the end of it, realise RD said nothing of interest, just more lies and telling us what a wonderful training ground we have. Sorry, but whatever he says, I will not believe, I only believe what happens, not what he or KM says will happen. It will be no good saying they are doing everything they can to get us in the premier league when we are relegated to League one with players who are not good enough and he will not pay out for better ones.
  • Think Richard looks like Max Branning in that pic. Nothing like his profile pic on Twitter.
  • Is it really Roland or that bloke on the train, who happened to get off at the right stop?
  • If you didn't quote the "Huh's" in that interview it will lose all authenticity
  • would've been good to have an interview with the official comms team as well.
  • I wonder what the answer will be to the question: "Roland, you are very successful destroying a much loved club, and Addicks fans think you are a complete c***, what lies do you think will fob them off this time?"...
  • I wonder what the answer will be to the question: "Roland, you are very successful destroying a much loved club, and Addicks fans think you are a complete c***, what lies do you think will fob them off this time?"...

What is a 'fan'? Katrien is doing a great job....

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!