Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SLP Meets Roland...

Comments

• Just wants to apologise for any inconvenience, and explain where the away supporters will be sitting, while the south stand is demolished and the new flats are built in its place.
  • 'I have decided that we will now show our home games behind closed doors.

I have been advised by a close colleague that this is the most likely way of getting fans back on-side and therefore increasing support for this great club.'
  • I can see this interview ending badly.
  • Once his new apartment is completed in the Jimmy South stand, he hopes to get to all Saturday home games and alternate midweek games dependant on the prize money at Gala bingo in Woolwich. His local abode will make him more hands on although all major f**** up's decisions will be made by his more than incapable CEO, nothing to see here move on.
  • My stalker has returned!
    I understand with a new car to compensate for his peyronies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully Richard confronted him about Powell saying he was told to play certain players. Is this true?
  • Scoham said:

Looks like the club will be putting their own interview out as well

Great view of the pitch...
    Which just happens to be the only thing they've got right.

Funny that!
  • Supporters will be able to hear from Charlton owner Roland Duchâtelet tomorrow. #cafc pic.twitter.com/iNN2ArOTYw

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) February 11, 2016

Seems there will also be an interview on the OS

It might be an interview in 3D. or 2D. or something.
  • If he sacks Katrien in the interview, that could make things interesting. About as likely as Osborne's government being a government for the people.
  • That Shankly quote sums things up perfectly. Doubt Mr RD is listening, though.
  • Scoham said:

I can see my seat in the background,going to miss that next season :neutral:
  • This will be as open and honest as Richard Murray's last embarrassing effort. Duchatalet only ever visits when there's nobody else there. Speaks volumes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

I can see my seat in the background,going to miss that next season :neutral:
    That's going to be a no-nonsense Jeremy Paxman probing interview isn't. "So, Sir, how lucky on a scale of one to ten are Charlton to have you as their munificent owner?"
  • This just reminds me of that Simpsons episode when the whole town joins a cult with 'the leader'. Not because we're all followers of Roland's cult and collecting lima beans that look like him. Quite simply because at the end of that episode 'the leader' is revealed and is no longer a voice.

The leader tries to fly away in some make shift aircraft. Basically what I'm saying is this interview will be like aircraft and the voice (Roland's words) will just be a massive let down of not much in particular. It will reveal what we all know already. He's a confused old man who has bought a football club.

Bewildered, he'll get back on that south eastern train he came in on, and we'll never see him again, or collect lima beans that look like him
  • edited February 2016
    Don't care what he has to say it has gone past the need for communication, Roland has shown to many times it's his way or nothing regardless of what he says.

His way though is appointing Bob, guy and Karel and if he could the Serbian, so Roland stick your interview up your Harris and sell up
  • i have a feeling there could be some further revelations about the varney scenario - not good news really in my opinion
  • I think if nothing else this interview will tell us just how deluded or not RD actually is. He's here because he is worried. Everything that can go wrong both on and off the pitch is going wrong. His investment and plan are not running smoothly. What he says to us tomorrow will tell us all we need to know about him and his ambition for Charlton Athletic. Under the current circumstances he should be releasing more funds now to stave off the catastrophe of relegation. So far his transfer activity this January and February have been cost neutral. How he sells that to us will be interesting.

Signings tomorrow anyone ?
  • I think if nothing else this interview will tell us just how deluded or not RD actually is. He's here because he is worried. Everything that can go wrong both on and off the pitch is going wrong. His investment and plan are not running smoothly. What he says to us tomorrow will tell us all we need to know about him and his ambition for Charlton Athletic. Under the current circumstances he should be releasing more funds now to stave off the catastrophe of relegation. So far his transfer activity this January and February have been cost neutral. How he sells that to us will be interesting.

Signings tomorrow anyone ?

Good point, if Roland is speaking his worried. Let's carry on the protesting its working
  • DOUCHER said:

i have a feeling there could be some further revelations about the varney scenario - not good news really in my opinion

What revelations could they be, since he knows no more about it than is in the public domain?
  • edited February 2016
    This will some kind of pre-emptive strike. They know they are in for a hard time on Saturday with more post match protests, and that could get very messy if Cardiff get the three points (given recent performances, this is surely odds on.) For those who have doubted the wisdom of protesting, it is clear that as a result of the protests, RD has somehow found the time in his busy schedule to get down to the ground. However, having said all that, I can't for the life of me imagine what he can possibly say that will avert what's coming.

New manager? Would 4 managers in a season be some kind of record?
    New CEO? I can't see him ditching KM, but you never know.
    New players? We don't seem to be able to recognise what a good player actually looks like, and we have missed the window now anyway.

And that's about it.

Huh?
  • SLP: Mr Duchatelet, the fans believe your strategy doesn't work, as evidenced by the club's league position. Do you have any comments?

Douche: image
  • We have heard from Meire too often given the tripe she's spouted and she's now suffering from camera-shock. Murray thought he still had enough currency to justify the indefensible and has, consequently destroyed his own credibility. If Duchatelet screws this up, there's only the graduate left and this week's Companies House hilarity suggests she will do well to survive as long as any of the correct decision managerial appointments who all improved our league position and results!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!