Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SLP Meets Roland...

Comments

• Options

Fans just need to be patient uh, we have invested heavily on the pitch and we will be a much better team but it won't happen overnight uh, we are investing millions on the training ground also huh. The club is not for sale huh.

Spot on huh.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I wonder if this interview was the idea of our new Comms head, seeing as RD said he does not talk to the masses but leaves that to KM
  • Options
    Don't expect anything amazing or surprising , the SLP was invited down to speak to Duchatelet so I doubt there's any scoops
  • Options
    WSS said:
    The most important question is... Who's head is that bottom right? ;0)
  • Options
    red_murph said:

WSS said:
    I reckon that's Spit the Dog.
  • Options
    Nice to see Roland's softer side. He's given a new home to Terry Wogan's old rug. Bless.
  • Options
    red_murph said:

WSS said:
    it's the left wing of our chicken robin mascot
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame he doesn't get an electric shock for each "huh"
  • Options
    Told u it would b an interesting couple of days
  • Options
    Good on Crawley, but I fear just more lies and propaganda from from the Belgian lunatics.
  • Options

would've been good to have an interview with the official comms team as well.

Might still be. Maybe in the programme
  • Options
    Hey, lets get some perspective here, he is our owner, and however different fans groups perceive him, and I am a growing dissenter, we should not prejudge what he has to say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Katrien under the table polishing the crown jewells?
  • Options

Supporters will be able to hear from Charlton owner Roland Duchâtelet tomorrow. #cafc pic.twitter.com/iNN2ArOTYw

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) February 11, 2016

Seems there will also be an interview on the OS
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Here's my musings:

-> This demonstrates a very interesting shift from Katrien being the client facing front of the regime, and one would hope this could signify the beginning of the end for her.

-> This must be the beginning of a bigger effort to win the fanbase back, and shows that CARD et al are clearly making traction.

-> Has the position of Katrien, and her seeming ineptitude, resulted in a more urgent requirement for Roland's presence in SE London? The statement on the club website regarding her "resignation" combined with her silence demonstrates she's close to breaking point in my opinion.

-> Is there anything he could really say, other than he's now open to investment, that would have a measurable impact upon the protests?

-> If this really does signify a change of approach by The Regime, and one that has been deemed a necessity due to the protests, then this must mean they are aware of just how bad things have got. Although that might not be enough for them to sell up immediately, it does suggest that the pressure is starting to get to them. Which means we must continue.
  • Options
    Looks like the club will be putting their own interview out as well

• Options
    For all the openness and talking lets remember that on Tuesday the gates to the Valley were locked and staffed by security guards because Roland was in the ground.

Strange that he then gets on a train by himself but we said it was logical.

but as @altrinchamaddick said lets wait and see what is said.
  • Options

would've been good to have an interview with the official comms team as well.

Might still be. Maybe in the programme
    Shame we're boycotting that this weekend then . . . whoops!
    Can't you do an interview with Roly for VOTV, Rick? (:
  • Options
    I think perhaps being bottom of the league, two years on, and without any games in hand this time, is a pretty clear indication of "just how bad things have got". Roland's meant to like statistics, huh?
  • Options

Is Katrien under the table polishing the crown jewells?

Jokes aside, that's a superb observation about her absence.

The only other time Roland has faced the cameras was back after the initial takeover, I think I'm correct in saying, and that's where he was flanked by Katrien and Richard. Or perhaps the press conference with Powell?

However, it seems a really peculiar time to now do a lone press conference - it doesn't lead to the impression of everything be unified and everyone getting along well. I would've thought the HoC would've suggested a big happy family type interview..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!