Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Arter

Just heard this sad news while watching the @afcbournemouth game on TV.

UNITY: #afcb will wear black armbands tonight after Harry Arter & his partner lost their child at birth this week. pic.twitter.com/fNURDmg0nq

— AFC Bournemouth (@afcbournemouth) December 12, 2015
So sorry to hear of this, heartfelt condolences to Harry, his partner and their families.

Comments

• Horrible just plain horrible. Thoughts are with them at this awful time.
  • What a terrible event to happen God bless the arters

Rip little one so very sad but an angel is needed in heaven
  • Really sad news
  • Awful news.
  • Absolutely horrendous. Wonderful performance he put in, no idea how he did it after I heard that news. Thoughts with him and his family.
  • Life doesn't get any worse than with the loss of a child.
    It's a cruel devastating thing to happen when a birth should be the highlight of your existence.
  • Dreadfull. Puts it all in perspective. Best wishes.
  • Tragic. What a terrible thing to happen
  • What terrible news.
  • edited December 2015
    Had no idea as I watched him tonight. Put in a superb shift and chased everything down.

Absolutely gutted for him, his wife and their family. You should never go before your children and to lose one at such a young age is just dreadful. My best wishes and condolences to Harry and all his family.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really sad news, all the strength and healing to his family on the long road of recovery.
  • So sorry to hear. Reminds me of reading news that Scott Parker, while at West Ham, played a whole game shortly after his father passed away. What incredibly strong and brave men they both are! Best wishes to Harry and his family.
  • Very sad, and very brave of him to play yesterday, couldn't have blamed him if his mind wasn't on football.
  • Just saw the Ref booked him in the 84th minute just before he was subbed... Apparently Harry was close to tears when it happened

I haven't seen the challenge but couldn't the Ref just have been human for once? (Bit like the one who refused to book Billy Sharp when he took his shirt off with a message on it)

Perhaps the ref didn't know anything about what had happened in his personal life.
  • PL54 said:

Just saw the Ref booked him in the 84th minute just before he was subbed... Apparently Harry was close to tears when it happened

I haven't seen the challenge but couldn't the Ref just have been human for once? (Bit like the one who refused to book Billy Sharp when he took his shirt off with a message on it)

Perhaps the ref didn't know anything about what had happened in his personal life.
    How did we know about it though...?

I'm sure the Referee does his research on the players how else did the Referee know about Billy Sharp and his situation, in the Championship rather than the Premier League no less?
  • I think the ref knew. I'm sure he would have been told by club staff and if nothing else, all the Bournemouth team were wearing black armbands.

From what I remember, it was a "deserved" booking in as much as they are for the PL softies these days. Afterwards though Arter argued and shouted at the ref and it was difficult for his teammates to calm him down. I guess the emotional release valve was understandably in action.
    The ref was more than fair, given the amount of verbal he was getting from Harry he could have pulled out a red card. I'm sure he was aware of the situation and made allowances.
    Eddie Howe did a good thing and subbed Harry immediately, even before play had re-started I think.
    Difficult for everyone but handled well.

Nice touch from Stanislaus when he scored their first goal, he went straight to Harry to, I imagine, dedicate his goal to the baby.
  • Nice touch from Stanislaus when he scored their first goal, he went straight to Harry to, I imagine, dedicate his goal to the baby.

I saw that in MOTD. What a touching moment! I'm very glad they beat ManU - one of the only two clubs that I hate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very sad news,Harry was on my table at the players do many years ago.Very nice down to earth young lad who desperately wanted to play for us
  • Nice touch from Stanislaus when he scored their first goal, he went straight to Harry to, I imagine, dedicate his goal to the baby.

I saw that in MOTD. What a touching moment! I'm very glad they beat ManU - one of the only two clubs that I hate.
    kissed his black arm band when he scored. They've got great team spirit down at bournemouth.
  • Good god, I feel so sorry for them. What devastating news, especially as my eldest son "announced" on Friday I was going to be a grandad again in July!
    Feel absolutely gutted for them and their family, I just can't imagine their pain...........god bless.
  • Just saw this. I teared up a bit, terrible story.

On a related note, why was Arter allowed to leave? I know he was highly rated, and then had a serious injury, os string of serious injuries. Was it because we couldn't take a chance on an injury-prone youngster?
  • Very sad news RIP little one , God bless to the Arter family.
  • I imagine playing football is a great way to distract yourself from the tragedy.

Well played Arter. RIP mini-Arter
  • SDAddick said:

On a related note, why was Arter allowed to leave? I know he was highly rated, and then had a serious injury, os string of serious injuries. Was it because we couldn't take a chance on an injury-prone youngster?

Sounds like he would have been a perfect signing for this regime (if he was foreign)
  • Terrible tragedy. RIP
  • So sorry to hear. Reminds me of reading news that Scott Parker, while at West Ham, played a whole game shortly after his father passed away. What incredibly strong and brave men they both are! Best wishes to Harry and his family.

yeah, and Arter is actually brother in law to Parker as well
  • edited December 2015
    Yes that's exactly why Parker came to my mind when I saw this news. I've read a few Harry Arter interviews before (and this is the most recent one http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10058796/harry-arter-on-how-scott-parkers-advice-helped-him-make-it-to-the-top) and he always talks quite a lot about Parker. It's clearly to see Parker's been a big influence in his career. What a shame we let him go so early.