Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Arter

Comments

• Options
    Keane is a two bob bully. I think that sergeant major style of management doesn't work in the modern world. Good riddance to it.

He's not even the manager ffs.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Keane is a grade A cnut. Gives it on the pitch but no bollocks off of it.

A grade A what?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Having read the story, This.

Arter almost dropped out of the football league due to an injury at a young age, I don't blame him for wanting to be cautious about treatment.

Keane needs a slap.
  • Options
    Roy Keane 67 caps
    Jon walters 54 and counting

Despite Roy Keane being the much better player, if Roy Keane was so committed to the cause then why is he only 13 caps ahead of Jon Walters. Walters is still putting himself forward for his country even though he's about to turn 35.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Croydon said:

Having read the story, This.

Arter almost dropped out of the football league due to an injury at a young age, I don't blame him for wanting to be cautious about treatment.

Keane needs a slap.
    Don't think he dropped out due to injury. Always hard for a small guy to make an impact in teens. Saw him at Staines and Woking. His talent was always going to elevate him.
  • Options

Croydon said:

A grade A what?
    It's a countdown conundrum
  • Options
    Roy Keane could start a row stranded in the middle of the Sahara Desert on a solo trekking.
  • Options
    Moved to Notts County on loan, just over the road from his Forest 'home'
  • Options
    He was going to a top club in Dubai when we were out there in a 2 year deal … ended up across the road get Notts Co are not paying any if his 38k a week wages .. unlike us 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shit footballer
  • Options
    He was going to a top club in Dubai when we were out there in a 2 year deal … ended up across the road get Notts Co are not paying any if his 38k a week wages .. unlike us 

Say what?
  • Options
    🤦
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Say what?
    Charlton played out in Dubai.
    We are paying his 38k wages for Notts County.
    Why can you not understand simple English?!
    So Sandgaard is still paying 38 k a week and he is free to Notts County ? 
    I wonder how that sits with the break even policy he has. Does he have a sugar daddy idiot like himself?
    WhooOooOOooOooOOooosh
     Whoosh ? The man inferred that this was the case. I asked if this was so and if so what conclusions would you make ?
    Or he inferred during Arter’s loan spell we paid a percentage of his rumoured £38k wages.

Very different from Arter is on £38k and we’re still paying all/some despite him moving on.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:

Say what?
    I wonder how that sits with the break even policy he has. Does he have a sugar daddy idiot like himself?
    WhooOooOOooOooOOooosh
     Whoosh ? The man inferred that this was the case. I asked if this was so and if so what conclusions would you make ?
    Or he inferred during Arter’s loan spell we paid a percentage of his rumoured £38k wages.

Very different from Arter is on £38k and we’re still paying all/some despite him moving on.
    I think the fact that Arter is now playing in the Conference for Notts County puts him in the Pape Soure category of recruitment for us.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:

Say what?
    WhooOooOOooOooOOooosh

I think the fact that Arter is now playing in the Conference for Notts County puts him in the Pape Soure category of recruitment for us.
    100%, my reply was only around what was meant by the comment on us paying his wages.

I also expect both of them were signed based on their careers rather than being identified by the black box.

Need to avoid making more signings like them for the reasons Off_it mentions. Watson and Gunter are similar, both played at higher levels when they had the legs (and perhaps desire) to get up and down the pitch all game every game.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:

Say what?
    WhooOooOOooOooOOooosh

Well it ain't  going to be a couple of thousand is it, if it is a percentage ? Have a read again. There is no inferred percentage either. 
    Besides which are you doing a Tory minister interpretation on what was said by another minister as in , ' Of course what the Prime Minister  meant was...'
    In other words , why are you speaking for him ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seems like he had a good debut for Notts.

He got an assist from a corner and reports indicate that he controlled the game in the 60 minutes he played. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:

Say what?
    WhooOooOOooOooOOooosh

Well it ain't  going to be a couple of thousand is it, if it is a percentage ? Have a read again. There is no inferred percentage either. 
    Besides which are you doing a Tory minister interpretation on what was said by another minister as in , ' Of course what the Prime Minister  meant was...'

Another brave keyboard warrior.  Each time a different person with whom this has nothing to do .  
    You got the wrong end of the stick mate. Just leave it there and put it down to one of those things.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Ferryman said:
    Off_it said:
    The thing with a player like Arter is that at his peak he was an all-action blood and guts type player, getting up and down the pitch, putting in crunching tackles, etc. 

Once that type of player picks up a few injuries and time marches on they are just never going to be the same again. He's never going to be the sort of player that can sit in the middle and just control a game with his experience, touch, vision, passing ability, etc.

Not sure I understand that animosity towards him though. It could've been a good signing for us as he certainly had the pedigree. Just didn't work out for either party. That's football. That's life.
    No animosity from me, I like that he wants to play, even at Conference level than just sit there counting the money.
    100% could easily sit out the contract and pretend he is injured (Similar to a pundit currently working for the BBC) Shows a lot about him that after spending so long to get to the top flight from non league he is happy to drop back down to non league. Can’t be many international footballers knocking about in conference. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:

Say what?
    WhooOooOOooOooOOooosh

100%, my reply was only around what was meant by the comment on us paying his wages.

I also expect both of them were signed based on their careers rather than being identified by the black box.

Need to avoid making more signings like them for the reasons Off_it mentions. Watson and Gunter are similar, both played at higher levels when they had the legs (and perhaps desire) to get up and down the pitch all game every game.
    There is a trick, that is almost impossible to pull off, in knowing exactly when that happens. 

When we played Forest in the championship Watson was outstanding in the second half at the Valley.  He never was that good for us but even at the end of last season he was well worth a place in the squad, if not 1st 11. 

Now if that's age, lack of preseason due to Covid, the long term effects of Covid, lack of games (he hadn't played at all for months before the Hartlepools game), desire, role in the team or something else.  He obviously has no place in the squad, let alone team now.

Then compare that to Gunter (and Matthews, it boils my piss when people lumped Pratley and Watson together but I think it's fair with these two) he isn't that old, obviously was a very good player, once, doesn't get done for pace or being "slow" just basically does nothing worth while and makes basic errors, doesn't add a lot positive.

Now look at Arter.  He came here without a serious game in at least 6 months.  Straight in the team (we only had Watson, Morgan and Dobson fit) plays 45ish minutes, subbed, repeat that a couple of times. Binned.  No u23 games, no "getting minutes".  Why?

It might have still not worked but did "we" give him the best chance to succeed?  Almost certainly no.  That has been the case for years, going back to Polish Pete.

I appreciate I am going on a rant now but if Morgan, and Watson, Gunter and Souare for that matter, aren't in the first team why aren't they playing in the positions they are shadowing for the u23s?  Why are we paying players wages and, basically, setting them up to fail?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Ferryman said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:

Say what?
    WhooOooOOooOooOOooosh

There is a trick, that is almost impossible to pull off, in knowing exactly when that happens. 

When we played Forest in the championship Watson was outstanding in the second half at the Valley.  He never was that good for us but even at the end of last season he was well worth a place in the squad, if not 1st 11. 

Now if that's age, lack of preseason due to Covid, the long term effects of Covid, lack of games (he hadn't played at all for months before the Hartlepools game), desire, role in the team or something else.  He obviously has no place in the squad, let alone team now.

Then compare that to Gunter (and Matthews, it boils my piss when people lumped Pratley and Watson together but I think it's fair with these two) he isn't that old, obviously was a very good player, once, doesn't get done for pace or being "slow" just basically does nothing worth while and makes basic errors, doesn't add a lot positive.

Now look at Arter.  He came here without a serious game in at least 6 months.  Straight in the team (we only had Watson, Morgan and Dobson fit) plays 45ish minutes, subbed, repeat that a couple of times. Binned.  No u23 games, no "getting minutes".  Why?

It might have still not worked but did "we" give him the best chance to succeed?  Almost certainly no.  That has been the case for years, going back to Polish Pete.

I appreciate I am going on a rant now but if Morgan, and Watson, Gunter and Souare for that matter, aren't in the first team why aren't they playing in the positions they are shadowing for the u23s?  Why are we paying players wages and, basically, setting them up to fail?
    Maybe with Watson and Souare they are considered a lost cause so just taking up space that could be used by youngsters. Less so with Morgan and Gunter who might be needed in the 1st team but could be getting minutes to keep them sharp?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Off_it said:
    thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:
    Chunes said:

Say what?
    WhooOooOOooOooOOooosh

Another brave keyboard warrior.  Each time a different person with whom this has nothing to do .  
    You got the wrong end of the stick mate. Just leave it there and put it down to one of those things.
    Did I ? How ? Read the original statement. 
    This forum is better suited to people that can read properly, write properly and comprehend.
    Unfortunately, you fail on all 3, which is why you argue with everyone.

The original statement was "Notts C are not paying ANY of his £38K pw wages unlike us".
    This suggests we are paying SOME not ALL of his wages.
    If you seriously believe we are paying £38K pw wages, then words fail me.
  • Options
    Heard back when he joined we were paying about 13k. Can’t remember who told me that number though.
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if we were paying more than about 6-8k but we're never going to know for sure.