Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Walking Dead

Comments

• edited March 2015

One other thing to illustrate how the characters aren't inspiring me:
    In earlier series there were interesting characters like;
    Dale, Merle, Shane, The Governor and T-Dog.
    Did you realise that those two pointless rednecks Abraham and Eugene have been in as many episodes as any of these? Even the fucktard vicar is coming up on the rails.

Also, remember Andrea, Herschel and Lori?
    The character Sasha, (I had to look her up on IMDB) has been in as many episodes as any of these. I just don't know what value some of these characters bring.

For me, this is the problem.

Sorry for self-quoting, but after watching the most recent episode, at least Sasha became slightly more interesting, if only because she's apparently become a nutcase.
    However, I still stand, in the main, by what I said before - most of the newer characters are just plain uninspiring. Also, the hints that Rick's group have become 'Bad Guys' isn't really working in my humble opinion.
    I honestly can't see anything saving this show now other than a brilliant major shock episode equivalent to the 'Red Wedding' episode of Game of Thrones.
    I can't see this happening, so I'll see this series out, but then I don't think I'll carry on. I really hope they prove me wrong, because it's a shame, as it was pretty good for a while.
  • edited March 2015
    Sorry. Double post.
  • That was a very good episode. Papered over all the cracks. Shit is about to get very nasty with them wolves no doubt about it
  • Carter said:

That was a very good episode. Papered over all the cracks. Shit is about to get very nasty with them wolves no doubt about it

In all honesty I thought it was a bit of an anti climax and this season, particuarly the second half, has been a let down. Hope they've got some ideas that will bring something different to the next series.
  • I thought they made it nice and tense, there has been a lot of setting up I think so it can all be structured to kick right off in the new village
  • Pfft.
    I'm done. Just not doing it for me any more and every episode makes me feel increasingly irritated.
    Can't remember the significance of the guy at the end - I seem to remember him (and his son?) in series one, but I don't know why he's disappointed with Rick now and I don't care enough to find out.
    The Wolfpack appear to just be yet another bunch of people gone feral.
    Yeah, yeah, strangers are bad. Some semi-major characters might get killed off. Whatever.
    Terrible thing is, I'm saying I won't bother, but when it comes to it, my missus will watch it and I'll probably end up watching it too.
    I just hope it proves me wrong.
  • This series has been dreadful. It's basically Neighbours with the occasional zombie.

The whole thing should have ended about two seasons back.
  • Had hoped this would be the last season and would end in a blaze of glory but it didn't happen, as many said so many filler episodes but doesn't feel like anything really happened in the season.
    I don't understand the Lennie James character and his significance, why do they use him for one episode a season?
  • edited March 2015
    I thought this season was a bit like Simon Church's season- virtually nothing happened until a little flurry at the end and we're expected to get over excited by it. As for the black guy looking for Rick, like @lordromford i really cant see the importance of him. He made a couple of appearances in previous season, firstly with his son at the very beginning, when he saved Rick's life, yet couldn't put down his zombie wife and then in a year or so down the road, when he was holed up with a cache of weapons (and looking like he'd lost the plot completely) and told Rick how his wife had gobbled up his son. So he now appears as a kung-fu master with a broomstick and we're all supposed to go "Wow"

This is how this episode should've gone down: After getting knocked out in last weeks episode, Rick wakes up to find himself...............in a hospital and realised this whole zombie stuff was just a coma-induced dream, creating a "Bobby Ewing moment" (younger readers can wiki it) and they all live happily ever after..................
  • edited March 2015
    Could do without the mid season break as it breaks any momentum in the stories. Thought the final episode was very flat, hopefully the next season will be reinvigorated butI suppose there are only so many new scenarios and nutters they can create.

Be interesting if the new spin off series comes over here.

Ps How did Glenn get away with a wounded shoulder from being under 3 zombies?
  • Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:

Could do without the mid season break as it breaks any momentum in the stories. Thought the final episode was very flat, hopefully the next season will be reinvigorated butI suppose there are only so many new scenarios and nutters they can create.

New spin off series???
  • Kap10 said:

New spin off series???
    Yeah, it's called the Walking Thread and features lifers that like to go on long rambles in the countryside. Will probably be just as interesting as the US show at the moment...............
  • Kap10 said:

New spin off series???
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822/
  • Kap10 said:

How did Glenn get away with a wounded shoulder from being under 3 zombies?

This is a great question which was never explained. It also illustrates how I've now stopped questioning massive holes in the story like this. I thought the same thing as you at the time but almost immediately forgot about it, such is the 'bigger picture' disappointment I feel about the programme on the whole.
  • What a load of crap that finale was. Pretty much in keeping with every episode bar the first in this season.

At the moment I'm thinking I won't bother with the next series. However, I've seen an interview with one of the show's creators who has said for a while the living have been the enemy and that in the new season they will be reverting back to traditional enemy (walkers I assume). So might give it a chance.
  • edited March 2015
    I really enjoyed it! Thought it was really tense. Each to their own I guess.

Sad they didn't use the opportunity to cull a few of the weaker characters though - Sasha, Gabriel etc.

And agree not showing how Glenn escaped the 3 walkers was ridiculous.
  • For anyone interested Walking Dead season 6 starts on Monday at 9pm on Fox.

Looking forward to it.
  • For anyone interested Walking Dead season 6 starts on Monday at 9pm on Fox.

Looking forward to it.

I am, thank you.

Recently been watching Dexter, that's a good show.
  • Stewart said:

For anyone interested Walking Dead season 6 starts on Monday at 9pm on Fox.

Looking forward to it.

I am, thank you.

Do yourself a favour. When you get to the end of season 7... Just stop watching. Up to season 6 it was my favourite TV show of all time. Season 7 was OK. Season 8... An unholy abomination
  • Sponsored links:

• Stewart said:

Looking forward to it.

I am, thank you.

Do yourself a favour. When you get to the end of season 7... Just stop watching. Up to season 6 it was my favourite TV show of all time. Season 7 was OK. Season 8... An unholy abomination
    Very well said
  • Season 2 on the farm was pretty dire.
  • Stewart said:

Looking forward to it.

I am, thank you.

Haha, thanks for the tip, just starting season 6 and really enjoying it.

• Just checking im up to date. The end of season 5 was rick killing that bloke in front of everyone or something?
  • Has anyone been watching the offshoot? Fear The Walking Dead. First season was only 6 parts but was pretty good with an excellent last episode.
  • Can't wait.

Going to download Fear the Walking Dead now all 6 have been on - heard decent things about it.
  • Just checking im up to date. The end of season 5 was rick killing that bloke in front of everyone or something?

You are correct.
  • Can't wait.

Going to download Fear the Walking Dead now all 6 have been on - heard decent things about it.

If I'm honest I didn't think it was as good as it was hyped to be.

Yes season 5 of the walking dead finished with Ricks old mate Morgan watching Rick shoot someone in the face. I'm looking forward to the new series
  • I find this TV series a little weird. Or rather my attitude to it. I record them and then I can never be bothered to watch them. I sit in front of the TV and I look at the planner and I think 'I'm not sure I want to bother with that just now'. Then I, eventually, put one on, by which time I might have half a dozen on there, then I can't stop watching them until I've seen them all. Including sitting up until the early hours struggling to keep my eyes open and thinking 'Just one more, just one more'.

Then a week later I see that I've recorded one and I can't be bothered to watch it and the whole thing starts again.

There have been a couple of shows I've been like this with in the past, but this one, in particular, I find strange - or my behaviour towards it.
  • I've watched the first 4 series over the last 3 weeks trying to catch up before series 6 starts on Monday.....I know I'm behind but it didn't appeal to me when it first started, and now I'm bloody hooked. It'll be difficult going from 3-4 episodes a night to 1 a week.

They should never have killed off Shane, he was a really good character and I don't think they ever really replaced him in the series.

I'm hoping Series 5 picks up a bit now, the second half of 4 was very tedious.