Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking Dead

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Carter said:

Can't wait.

Going to download Fear the Walking Dead now all 6 have been on - heard decent things about it.

If I'm honest I didn't think it was as good as it was hyped to be.

Yes season 5 of the walking dead finished with Ricks old mate Morgan watching Rick shoot someone in the face. I'm looking forward to the new series
    I am so excited and also somewhat confused about the next series... The hype looks like it's Rick vs Morgan.
    (and also what happened to the rest of the story about finding a cure? they found the self destructing base then nothing more is mentioned?)
  • Options
    It is a series that goes between being bloody brilliant to bloody awful. It isn't anywhere near as consistently good as Homeland, for example.

They need to set a goal like they have done in previous series. Terminus, Washington. Not just have a scenario like someone mentioned earlier whereby they're all living in a village akin to neighbours.

The gov'nur was a quality character. Can't we have another version of him?
  • Options

It is a series that goes between being bloody brilliant to bloody awful. It isn't anywhere near as consistently good as Homeland, for example.

They need to set a goal like they have done in previous series. Terminus, Washington. Not just have a scenario like someone mentioned earlier whereby they're all living in a village akin to neighbours.

The gov'nur was a quality character. Can't we have another version of him?

I thought he was tedious at times, in the graphic novel he and his role were much better.

(sadly i didn't keep buying them).
  • Options
    Just watched the first episode of season 6. Pretty good start. Quite liked the split between colour and black and white to define teh two different timelines.

Followed it with Talking Dead and they were saying on there that there were over 1000 actors in full make-up for the horde. No CGI.
  • Options
    Got to say that was probably the most boring episode of TWD I've seen in ages.

Seems like they've gone back in the 'is Rick the bad guy?' direction they've been in before. I don't like the way they fluctuate with him. They seem to be unsure of whether they want to make him good, bad or unhinged. It's fine to have shades of grey and have him be all those things but in previous seasons they've just swing him fully in one direction for a few episodes and then swung him back. It's not subtle and it makes him dull. Now they've got Morgan looking on disapprovingly (just in case the audience doesn't realise Rick pointing guns in peoples' faces is naughty) I imagine we'll have bad Rick until Morgan either leaves or becomes a bastard himself. I love the show so I hope something a bit different happens this series. Since they killed off Tyreese and Bob the supporting characters aren't too interesting so I can see this one being a slog unless they change it up
  • Options

Are you trolling? 24 with tits. And jazz. That's the yard stick?
  • Options
    Anyone else think Enid took Judith?
  • Options
    Bloody hell! Didn't see that coming......
  • Options

I don't think it's what it seems...
  • Options
    Me neither, reckon them falling together was important.

Hope so, anyway!

Though if not I like that any character can just go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Anyone else think Enid took Judith?

And I still think this.
  • Options
    Fairly shitty way to do it after so many series. Didn't even accomplish anything
  • Options

Me neither, reckon them falling together was important.

Hope so, anyway!

Though if not I like that any character can just go.

He's my favourite character, but if he is alive its a bit of a shame as TWD has never mucked around with "is he/isn't he dead" storylines like Game of Thrones.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    se9addick said:

How would you write your way out of that one? Dream sequence!? There would be no integrity in the show if they did that.

Fairly shitty way to do it after so many series. Didn't even accomplish anything

Not at all - narratively, the death made total sense. On the one hand you had Rick saying "look after yourselves" and on the other hand, you had a character doing the complete opposite of that and dedicating himself to saving one guy, spiritually and literally. And it cost him his life, proving Rick completely correct. I see no reason for the writers to undo that. If they did, I think I'd probably lose interest in it.
  • Options
    The Walking Dead has never been particularly brave but I'd definitely applause a random death of a major character.

It was well timed too as I was just thinking "they're only killing off peripheral characters here"
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

se9addick said:

How would you write your way out of that one? Dream sequence!? There would be no integrity in the show if they did that.

Not at all - narratively, the death made total sense. On the one hand you had Rick saying "look after yourselves" and on the other hand, you had a character doing the complete opposite of that and dedicating himself to saving one guy, spiritually and literally. And it cost him his life, proving Rick completely correct. I see no reason for the writers to undo that. If they did, I think I'd probably lose interest in it.
    The other fellas body fell on top of Glen and what you saw was him being devoured
  • Options
    Sorry. Clicked on this thread by mistake. Thought it was about the new "head coach". Carry on...
  • Options
    se9addick said:

JiMMy 85 said:

se9addick said:

The other fellas body fell on top of Glen and what you saw was him being devoured
    Yes that's feasible, but it would still undermine the tone of the scene (although you could argue he doesn't have to die to make the Rick point). Even if that were the case, it was a zombie horde! He's lying on the floor surrounded by a horde, it would take a tank to save him.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

se9addick said:

What I mean is that the death is cruel to the viewer. I get the narrative implications, and I think they really overdid the foreshadowing of Nicholas in the first two episodes, making is clear that Glenn's constant support would come back to bite him. What I do think is a shame is TWD normally gives us a better death. Game of Thrones loves its nihilistic death sequences where everything is pointless and meaningless but TWD always frames its deaths well and provides more structure to the character. In some ways it has becomes a millstone round its neck as you can tell when a minor group character will die because they suddenly have an episode devoted to them, but it also means that you get character meaning and development in among the miserable world. If they killed off a series one main character, while he accomplished dick all in an episode devoted to failure, just to prove a philosophical point we all knew already then I think it's a shitty thing to do. They can do better with Glenn
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

se9addick said:

JiMMy 85 said:

se9addick said:

Yes that's feasible, but it would still undermine the tone of the scene (although you could argue he doesn't have to die to make the Rick point). Even if that were the case, it was a zombie horde! He's lying on the floor surrounded by a horde, it would take a tank to save him.
    Oh no, I agree, it's ridiculous and not in keeping with the tone of the show but I'm pretty sure it's what is going to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What I enjoyed especially was Rick sprinting down the road to pick up the RV, almost completely unmolested, to swing back and rescue the group, while the rest of them ran the gauntlet and almost all died. And this was Rick's plan to save them! Moron.
  • Options
    Se9addick sums up my thoughts exactly
  • Options
    It would be amusing if Rick just tripped over a rock one episode, hit his head and died from a completely trivial injury.
  • Options
    I just didn't care when I saw him being disemboweled. The Walking Dead has lost me.
  • Options
    A TWD producer spoke to Variety about it. Being surprisingly vague. If he was definitely dead then I'm pretty sure he would just say it. Link here.

• Options

What I enjoyed especially was Rick sprinting down the road to pick up the RV, almost completely unmolested, to swing back and rescue the group, while the rest of them ran the gauntlet and almost all died. And this was Rick's plan to save them! Moron.

Yeah I didn't get what he was doing really.
  • Options
    Sorry, thought this was a Charlton manager's thread.
  • Options
    Robert Kirkman sent a statement which was read out on Talking Dead, basically said you will see him again "in some form".
  • Options
    Oh no, not that Lori ghost shit again
  • Options

Robert Kirkman sent a statement which was read out on Talking Dead, basically said you will see him again "in some form".

It would be pretty cool if he turned up as a walker in a few episodes time and Beth had to kill him, that would be pretty dark.