Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walking Dead

Comments

• Options
    ^ Exiled. You could've been my ghost writer for that summary. Some lazy script writing fillers popping up more frequently. Only so many ways you can kill a walker before it gets stale.

Anyone also find it strange that no-one has ever referred to them as zombies, even though it's the most popular term and the first thing that would come to anyones mind?
  • Options

^ Exiled. You could've been my ghost writer for that summary. Some lazy script writing fillers popping up more frequently. Only so many ways you can kill a walker before it gets stale.

Anyone also find it strange that no-one has ever referred to them as zombies, even though it's the most popular term and the first thing that would come to anyones mind?

I wondered about that and did some googling - apparently the show exists in a reality where no one has ever contemplated the dead coming back to life and thus the word "zombie" doesn't exist. Plus a load of other stuff about the word zombie really referring to a vodoo magic ritual which has been hijacked by Hollywood nonsense.

I won't spoil for others but last nights episode has to be the worst series finale I've ever seen, the last line of the episode taking the biscuit for "we've run out of ideas how to make this exciting again".
  • Options
    It's got worse the more it has deviated from the original comic in my opinion, though that said the book itself is getting a bit tedious with the author giving the characters time to think 'we're actually safe now' then tearing it down, normally killing some in the process.... over and over and over again.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I wondered about that and did some googling - apparently the show exists in a reality where no one has ever contemplated the dead coming back to life and thus the word "zombie" doesn't exist.
    Apart from in one episode a couple of seasons back, they were in a store and there was a life-size cardboard cut-out for a horror movie (I think) which clearly said the word Zombie on it..............
  • Options

se9addick said:

I wondered about that and did some googling - apparently the show exists in a reality where no one has ever contemplated the dead coming back to life and thus the word "zombie" doesn't exist.
    Apart from in one episode a couple of seasons back, they were in a store and there was a life-size cardboard cut-out for a horror movie (I think) which clearly said the word Zombie on it..............
    Really ? Was that the one where the helicopter crashed through the ceiling shortly after ?
  • Options
    Could well have been, but not sure as it was a while ago, but I definately saw it.........
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    My footballing buddy think this show is superb so I thought I would watch a few episodes. Having gotten to Series Two episode four I am finding it tedious and dull. The script is poor and I have to suspend disbelief too much. Just one scene after another of zombies being killed in ever more gory ways and very dull and irritating characters. At the moment I rooting for the zombies!

Does it get any better and should I stick with it?
  • Options
    IAgree said:

My footballing buddy think this show is superb so I thought I would watch a few episodes. Having gotten to Series Two episode four I am finding it tedious and dull. The script is poor and I have to suspend disbelief too much. Just one scene after another of zombies being killed in ever more gory ways and very dull and irritating characters. At the moment I rooting for the zombies!

Does it get any better and should I stick with it?

To be honest, I think it peaked in season one. If you really enjoyed the first season the rest of it has had enough highs to keep you interested, but there have been some fairly mediocre spells in between. If you've not really gotten into it by the middle of season 2 I doubt you ever really will.
  • Options
    Season 2 is not the best, but 3 onwards are really good in my opinion.
  • Options
    Will stick with it few more episodes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The opening scene of the new series is particularly brutal. If the rest of the series lives up to the first eposode I'll be happy.
  • Options
    Episode 1 of the new series was brutal.

Zombie and horror films are not my thing at all, but so many people were bigging up this, I had to give it a go.

Really like it. Occasionally episodes don't really go anywhere but on the whole it is good viewing.
  • Options
    Walking Dead is awesome

Simply awesome
  • Options
    Watched all series one and a bit of two but really not that fussed now. Are they still running away from zombies or are there any big differences?
  • Options
    Season two on the farm was easily the worst season.

Once you're through that it picks up a bit. Start of this season was promising but not too sure where they'll go from here.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So let me get this right. People die and then reanimate as undead zombies with a strong affinity to the average Millwall supporter? Except there are more than 11,000 of them.
  • Options

Season two on the farm was easily the worst season.

Once you're through that it picks up a bit. Start of this season was promising but not too sure where they'll go from here.

Agreed. Season two nearly stopped me from carrying on. The prison stuff was good.

In terms of where they go from here? Hopefully in a decent direction as they have already been renewed for a 6th series!

• Options
    Best thing on TV.

Agree that the first half of Series 2 was poor though.
  • Options
    As for those saying the beginning of the latest season was brutal, it was no more than anything else I've seen happen. I would say disturbing would be a more accurate description. Love the show though.............
  • Options

As for those saying the beginning of the latest season was brutal, it was no more than anything else I've seen happen. I would say disturbing would be a more accurate description. Love the show though.............

Did not realise it had restarted what channel is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fox, Mondays at 9.
  • Options
    Those who reckon the show is brutal need to read the comics as well (if they consider brutal = good anyway) as it does not hold back at all. No limitations by special effects/budgets to be found, there is some seriously gory violence... and literally anyone who isn't Rick could die, and probably will. There's only three of the original group left by now...
  • Options
    CORRRAL?
  • Options
    Creepy ending last night! Can't decide if their dinner was a little bit off or not?

Anyway, anyone fancy a barbecue?
  • Options
    It looked like a lovely tender bit of grilled beef.

The foot didn't look too appetising though
  • Options
    Poor Bob.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    MILD SPOILER ALERT:

Okay, so is anyone ever going to challenge GI Ginger and Billy Ray Cyrus on what is actually in Washington? For weeks now Captain Copper-Top has been telling all and sundry that "Eugene knows the cure" and that "We need to get him to Washington'", but nobody has seemed at all curious as to what and why . I don't know about you, but if I lived in a post Zombie Apocalypse and someone told me that they could make all the brain-cravers go away, I wouldn't wait to until I'd really got to know they guy before I asked him how.

So this week, Sergeant Strawberry-Blonde finally tells Gerry Francis to share his knowledge with the group - "Tell 'em what's in Washington", to which Fat Chris Waddle replies, in the manner of a sulky teenager, "Infrastructure" and "We can stay there until it all blows over" to which Rick does not reply - "What infrastructure?" or "How do you know it has withstood the onslaught when every other fence, wall, tank, helicopter gunship has failed?" or, even more pertinently, "That's not a fucking cure!". Instead, on the advice of a 6 month old baby, he says "We're in." and everybody cheers without a second thought.

I realize their situation is desperate so they might as well give it a try, but surely you want some kind of idea what you were heading all that way to see?

SPOILER ALERT FOR BACKWARDS READERS LIKE @Jayajosh
  • Options

MILD SPOILER ALERT:

Okay, so is anyone ever going to challenge GI Ginger and Billy Ray Cyrus on what is actually in Washington? For weeks now Captain Copper-Top has been telling all and sundry that "Eugene knows the cure" and that "We need to get him to Washington'", but nobody has seemed at all curious as to what and why . I don't know about you, but if I lived in a post Zombie Apocalypse and someone told me that they could make all the brain-cravers go away, I wouldn't wait to until I'd really got to know they guy before I asked him how.

So this week, Sergeant Strawberry-Blonde finally tells Gerry Francis to share his knowledge with the group - "Tell 'em what's in Washington", to which Fat Chris Waddle replies, in the manner of a sulky teenager, "Infrastructure" and "We can stay there until it all blows over" to which Rick does not reply - "What infrastructure?" or "How do you know it has withstood the onslaught when every other fence, wall, tank, helicopter gunship has failed?" or, even more pertinently, "That's not a fucking cure!". Instead, on the advice of a 6 month old baby, he says "We're in." and everybody cheers without a second thought.

I realize their situation is desperate so they might as well give it a try, but surely you want some kind of idea what you were heading all that way to see?

I guess the people who write the show don't want to fully reveal that the scientist hasn't got a clue until later in the series.

Have liked the first two episodes of this series, found the last season hard going at times, some episodes felt very repetitive (although the episode with the two little girls was genuinely shocking).
  • Options
    Thought all the stuff with The Guvoner was rubbish. Season 4 was excellent though. They've definitely upped their game and the new series has started strongly.
  • Options

MILD SPOILER ALERT:

Oh well, that serves me right for reading from the bottom up!