Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brentford - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Flippin' heck :smiley:
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Get the f in

Bloody love that. Was that today?
  • Options
    Nice little analysis for those of us who weren't there. Cheers
  • Options
    I. am. so. happy.

That is all.
  • Options
    No corners turned yet, but wide players out wide, central midfielders in the centre and two dangerous strikers up front.
    So what were the last few years about?
  • Options
    Absolutely beautiful. Concidence that we win on Hendersons return? I don't think so. Sounded like we gave it 100% for all 90 minutes, first game where we won by more than a single goal so today was huge. Wigan on Friday is another game we can win so I think the momentum is about to swing in our favor. Also does anyone have vines of the goals?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished eating a large slice of humble pie. Really thought we'd lose today. Having Henderson back in the team instills me with confidence and Johnson does what it says on the tin. Proper centre half, organised the back line and headed every ball that came near him. Shame about the injuries to Wiggins and Jackson but Fox and Buyens did ok. Not spectacular but ok. Thought the front 4 caused all sorts of problems for Brentford. Bulot had his best match in a Charlton shirt and JBG's goal wouldn't have looked out of place in the Premiership. My MOTM was Tony Watt, Watt Watt. Laid on two goals, defended from the front and was unlucky not to score himself. So, now on to Wigan this Friday. A massive game for Malky McKay. One win in 15 (sounds familiar). But that performance should give us the confidence to push on and finish the season strongly. Well happy ...
  • Options
    Blimey! Just looked up the score and had to do a double take. Great result.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Get the f in

Damn, the kid on the right is a big lad.
  • Options
    When I heard the line up I immediately changed from thinking 'another loss' too 'we will get something today'

Admittedly I still didn't think we would score 3 goals but hearing cousins going into the middle which we have wanted for ages. Igor and watt up top together and Johnson coming in at cb and also Hendo back between the sticks, I was very positive before the game.

All 3 goals very well taken and I'm confident that same team can get a result away at Wigan.

Coyr
  • Options
    well done everyone.

now let's kick on.
  • Options
    Watt looks very good, hope he can go from strength to strength.

Glad Henderson is back, and glad Cousins is in the middle. Two genuine wingers and two genuine strikers and we looked far more balanced.
  • Options
    I nearly didn't go today but so pleased I kept the faith. Massive difference having Henderson in goal today.

Roger Johnson looks like he could be a colossus for us at the back, a captains performance through and through.

A midfield all playing in position and two up top. Who'd have thought that was a recipe for success?

• Options
    That was much more like it. Ok Brentford were poor and seemed to be affected by all the speculation over the managers future, but you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that in some style today. To be fair to Luzon he learnt from Tuesday night by playing 2 up front (watt is looking a real find), bringing in Johnson for Bikey to and playing Bulot out wide, and it all worked really well. A long way to go still but at last some light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great game to listen to on Charlton Player, what a result! Could anyone try to write down the lineup with the player positions? I would really appreciate it!
  • Options
    Typical. After all the crap I've seen this season, our first comfortable win just had to be when I'm away! Well done to Luzon and the players, a positive team selection and result.
  • Options
    What was Luzon's reaction to the win?
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

Great game to listen to on Charlton Player, what a result! Could anyone try to write down the lineup with the player positions? I would really appreciate it!

Hendo
    Solly TBH Johnson Wiggins/Fox
    JBG Cousins Jacko/Buyens Bulot
    Watt Vetokele