Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Brentford - Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Well, well, well. Charlton never fail to surprise you. Missed the game today, so maybe i am the jinx ?
  • Options
    I said on the 'Comments you will never hear on Charltonlife' thread: 'What a win!'. Well, I eat my words. A great effort today from the positive and confidence-filled team. Johnny set the tone from before kick off, asking to raise the volume in the North Stand. Great effort from the crowd today. Feeling so much better than Tuesday!
    Just hoping that the team isn't even thinner with injuries to JJ, Wiggi, and knackered Watt and Igor.
  • Options
    Spanish said:

Well, well, well. Charlton never fail to surprise you. Missed the game today, so maybe i am the jinx ?

You're barred I said, you're barred :wink:
  • Options
    Henderson's return made a big difference to the side and he is an extremely reassuring presence. A good debut from Johnson and Bulot played really well in his correct position. Tony Watt turned in a MOTM performance and was extremely unlucky not to get on the scoresheet, drawing two very good saves from Button.

We looked dangerous throughout, our supporters really got behind the side from start to finish and we now go to Wigan in good heart. An excellent afternoon's work.
  • Options
    Watt was outstanding and linked up well with Igor - caused their defence lots of problems. Henderson was very solid and Bulot was much improved. Cousins far more effective in the centre.
    Much better atmosphere!
  • Options
    What JJ statement is this being mentioned?
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited February 2015
    Not getting carried away but I really enjoyed listening to that today. One of the only times this season I think. We just seemed in control the whole game which is a first for this season. Like I said, not getting carried away but today was very positive.

COYR!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watt sounded very happy in his Sky interview
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Watt sounded very happy in his Sky interview

I have a lot of man love for Tony Watt.
  • Options
    Brilliant performance with Watt and Bulot the best two for me. Can see Watt being a fans favourite here.

Felt more confident with Johnson and Henderson at the back.

Most pleasing thing for me is seeing the old Igor back. He looks like a threat again.

I was sure we'd be relegated before but this gives us something to build on.
  • Options
    Good points; 3 bloody nil; Henderson a giant in all senses; Roger Johnson....immense and a proper shouter/leader; Cousins always strong; Bulot's best game for us ever and the first time in many years that we have a pair of proper strikers and especially Watt who is so very good at holding the ball...loved it all and what a turn around for everybody today. Bad points; whilst Buyens can tackle he needs to practice his passing. But hey when you win 3-0 the day is perfect so well done team, staff and fans and I am so looking forward to going to Wigan on Friday.
  • Options
    Football is a very simple game. You won't win every game you play, but you certainly won't go 14 without win if you do the following:

- 2 up front at home
    - play players in their proper positions
    - drop the players who are not performing

We did all 3 and we won. Shock
  • Options
    Great performance by every player and I mean every player.
    For those not there believe me when I say they all played their part and stepped up, even when Wiggins and Jackson went of injured!
    Watt Cousins or Solly MOM
    Can't split them.
    Henderson showed why he is a class apart and a great assist for Bulots goal!
    I could wax lyrical all evening but you wouldn't believe me.....
  • Options
    Hopefully, that as the next game isn't until Friday against Wigan, it will give Wiggins and JJ time to heal, if nothing serious, also give Johnson and Watt time to recover being as they are supposed to be not match fit, although you probably wouldn't know that from today. Sounded like a good all round performance and pleased to see Henderson back
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Truly astounded. Did we really only have 35% possession?
  • Options

Oh dear what can we moan about today.
    1. Had difficulty getting a programme ( had to queue in club shop to get one).
    2. Still potholes in car park.
    3. Nothing about the performance to moan about.

Seriously though that was a good performance by the boys today, not a weak link anywhere. I was impressed by Bulot & the pairing of Watt & Igor.
  • Options
    Could someone ask Luzon to acknowledge the supporters at the end of the game especally in the in the North Stand,I know its a minor point but would help to get them on his side.
  • Options
    Gutted
    I predict a 2-0 win and we go and spoil it by winning 3-0!

Seriously, I was quietly confident that by the law of averages we had to win at some point, and the teamsheet was confidence boosting, Igor and Watt up front, Bulot and Cousins in their correct positions, Henderson back and Bikey dropped, as he's been a liability for a while, and Johnson at this level is a quality defender.

A great start, producing a well deserved 3 points against a poor Brentford team. A shame about the injuries, but if we can go all out for a win at Wigan, then that give us a bit of a cushion.
  • Options
    In the Chinese getting a celebratory and Calentines day takeaway. Huge smile on my face. Good team selection, very good performance, excellent result, three good goals, clean sheet - happy happy day

I even fucking love Belgium tonight!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

In the Chinese getting a celebratory and Calentines day takeaway. Huge smile on my face. Good team selection, very good performance, excellent result, three good goals, clean sheet - happy happy day

I even fucking love Belgium tonight!

Enjoy mate.
  • Options
    Told u we would win 3-0.....all the same still can't believe it .
  • Options
    Ah, I get it now... In order to bounce, you have to hit the floor first.

• Options
    South London treble has just come in too ! Charlton win and Millwall & Palace lose - 18-1 ! Happy days